The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I'd assume results from Noise Reduction would be the the same in Lightroom and Camera Raw (Photoshop). You might see better results in propriety software for your camera, but I really don't know.

Parkinson's.

Haha.

I used to do long exposure zoom effects when i had lens with zoom. As kooky as that can be, I actually liked the results it did. Same thing with even steel wool shots. I know it's kind of dumb after you do it for a while but I still like the photos people produce.

Do you have your prints done online and then shipped to you/customer? How much more of a premium, percentage wise, do you charge for the prints, in comparison to what it cost you to have it made?
i got a printer for christmas so i thought i could have done it myself but i ended up doing it through walmart same day prints. didn't really base it on a percentage amount just upcharged into what people were used to paying. for example the 4 x 6 prints cost $.11 for same day and I'd chage $.75 and the 8 x 10 were $3 and I'd charge $5

i'm now looking into canvas printers now

#coldblooded
awesome, would you ever consider shooting medium format digitally? obviously not the same as film, but definitely closer...I know medium format lenses are a bit larger than 35mm but have you adapted any of those lenses to your a7?

i would totally consider digital medium format. those cost some big bucks, but it would be really cool to explore eventually.

i havent tried to adapt mamiya 7 lenses onto sony a7. perhaps something i will look into. mamiya really does make some fine glass for their 7 series rangefinders.

#coldblooded
awesome, would you ever consider shooting medium format digitally? obviously not the same as film, but definitely closer...I know medium format lenses are a bit larger than 35mm but have you adapted any of those lenses to your a7?

You could buy a car with some of those cameras. :lol:

Was in Taipei about week ago (does shmoney dance) Nawz!. I made a huge mistake shooting at a high ISO and making the sky and clouds look really grainy and noisy in several photos. Is there a way to salvage them? I've been trying to correct the Noise Reduction in Lightroom, but thinking that maybe it can only be achieved in photoshop. They're presentable on a smaller screen but when viewing on a comp it becomes an eye sore. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions to remedy this? Some from a recent trip to Seoul & Taipei.

Did you shoot in RAW? If not, then it's not worth it. Even then, you can't ad detail to an image if it's not even there. Embrace the grain, homie!!

Last edited:
i would totally consider digital medium format. those cost some big bucks, but it would be really cool to explore eventually.

i havent tried to adapt mamiya 7 lenses onto sony a7. perhaps something i will look into. mamiya really does make some fine glass for their 7 series rangefinders.

every once in while i've come across mamiya lenses on my local craigslist, i seen some examples online but i wonder what it is like to shoot with that setup...

#coldblooded

You could buy a car with some of those cameras. :lol:

ha, definitely! i didn't even know there were cameras that could be that expensive!! seeing how full frame cameras are becoming much more attainable, might not be long before a medium format sensor makes it into a consumer camera...not likely to be soon though

loosies:

on ice, under the lights by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

open late by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

frozen by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

williamsburg continued by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

on queue by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

Shooting seagulls from an outside perspective looks really dumb. I spent 45 minutes trying to get something right.

seagull-1.png

Nah I am on the Maryland side of the bridge, but I hit the harbor and Old Town area quite a bit with my cam. Probably too much 
laugh.gif

I would be doing the same, theres a lot to shot... Im just too far out the city to be shooting around there often. :smh:

Also make sure to contrast the skin to clothes as well. Skate photographers do this. They make sure to tell the skaters to wear certain clothes so it doesn't blend into the background.

Back
Top Bottom