The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Different purposes, backup, etc. Sometimes you may want a lighter setup for hiking or walking around a city. Dual cameras prevent from having to switch lenses constantly, e.g. when working weddings or other events you dont have time to switch lenses. Or certain venues dont allow dslrs, so you bring a p&s.

Different purposes, backup, etc. Sometimes you may want a lighter setup for hiking or walking around a city. Dual cameras prevent from having to switch lenses constantly, e.g. when working weddings or other events you dont have time to switch lenses. Or certain venues dont allow dslrs, so you bring a p&s.

I think it's fun to break up your routine and use different types of cameras. Currently have a mirrorless, old film slr, Polaroid, and GoPro.

I never thought of it like that, it makessense.
There's times I'm shooting and hate switching lease even dropped one before.

I have a P&S but hardly ever bring it with me because I like being able to control the shutter speed

[COLOR=#red]World reknowned photographer Brian Smith was given a pre-production A7R II to test out. he's highly impressed. He goes into detail in the article below. Said that the Canon lenses use all 399 points of PDAF with a metabones adapter, and it's blazing fast.

Thank goodness miniaturization is coming to the Full Frame world....I know it's probably just me but I loathe big clunky heavy DSLRs. I'm able to carry my mirrorless almost everywhere I go, which means spontaneous capture is more likely to happen.This came in handy for me last week...the "official" photo guy for my company (a top 5 revenue company) couldn't make it for our headshot day...but I was clutch with my a6000 in my bag with the 50mm attached. My camera was used instead and my superiors were extremely pleased with the results as I basked in the shine. I can almost guarantee I wouldn't be in that position if I owned a DSLR...because it wouldn't be with me.[/COLOR]

http://briansmith.com/field-test-sony-a7rii/

I like what Sony is doing. Hopefully this competition helps create more innovation with other companies and as a result drives prices down for the consumer.

Thoughts on refurbished cameras? Experiences?

Anyone with the A6000 ever notice after some time of not using it there's a delay with it turning on or not displaying on the screen immediately?

Anyone with the A6000 ever notice after some time of not using it there's a delay with it turning on or not displaying on the screen immediately?

[COLOR=#red]Yes!! I thought I was the only one. I hate that, takes 20-30 seconds to get right. As a band-aid I turn it on every morning. Surely a firmware update could fix this.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Yes!! I thought I was the only one. I hate that, takes 20-30 seconds to get right. As a band-aid I turn it on every morning. Surely a firmware update could fix this.[/COLOR]

I just asked khankussionz khankussionz about it recently too. I think I hasn't turned it on for about a month and the screen stayed blacked. I thought it might've been the heat on a trip I took. I try to turn it on often now.

I just asked khankussionz khankussionz about it recently too. I think I hasn't turned it on for about a month and the screen stayed blacked. I thought it might've been the heat on a trip I took. I try to turn it on often now.

Sorry bro, I turn mine on every day. I'm always trying to see how different lighting and setting shows up in pics while I'm killing time in my car before work.

Just a few photos from some recent work that I've done.

[/IMG]

have you updated the firmware? a few of the updated builds have specifically tried to address the start up time, the latest version brings the xavc s video codec to the a6000...

steinbeckballa steinbeckballa great images!

lazy saturday, stuck in the post processing zone...#sidebar finally succumb to the subscription based ps cc & lightroom cc about a month or so ago, really makes things a whole lot smoother, especially being i was rocking with a super dirty sensor for some multi image panoramas (the second to last image was 18 heavily dust spot riddled images put together) & lightroom's spot healing tool is RIDICULOUSLY slow compared to photoshop's:

delighted by a0, on Flickr

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

summertime by a0, on Flickr

swaying in the breeze by a0, on Flickr

cutting the rug by a0, on Flickr

exuberance by a0, on Flickr

Which would give me a better bang for my buck??

The Ricoh GR or Canon G7 (or Sony rx100?) :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom