The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Had a couples session this past Saturday.

The couple was a lot of fun and are going to hire me for their wedding as well. Their wedding will be my second one as the primary shooter and my 7th wedding including the weddings I've second shot for.

I'm blown away at all the opportunites i've had with photography in the past 4 months. Went from only interested in landscape photography to shooting a bunch of portraits and weddings :lol:

Anyways... heres a few shots from the session.

s/o to babygawd babygawd on the "matte finish" tutorial... i processed some of these images in that style.

EDIT Gear used:
Canon 5d mark ii
Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Canon 85mm f/1.8

Last edited:
Had a couples session this past Saturday.

The couple was a lot of fun and are going to hire me for their wedding as well. Their wedding will be my second one as the primary shooter and my 7th wedding including the weddings I've second shot for.

I'm blown away at all the opportunites i've had with photography in the past 4 months. Went from only interested in landscape photography to shooting a bunch of portraits and weddings :lol:

Anyways... heres a few shots from the session.

s/o to babygawd babygawd on the "matte finish" tutorial... i processed some of these images in that style.

EDIT Gear used:
Canon 5d mark ii
Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Canon 85mm f/1.8

You nailed it! It looks awesome, seriously!

I wouldn't say photo restoration is easy but if you have a painting/art background and meticulous photoshop skills, it's not as hard as you think. All the general rules apply with things like light, shadows etc. It seems the person just took other images from different pictures and applied it to the old one. I still it looks awesome but my only critique I would bring up is how different her eyes look from one photo to the other. You can clearly see in the old photo that her eyes have more white and are more open. The restored one almost makes her look entirely different imo.

LL

Last edited:
I definitely see what you mean, @Mr Fongstarr. Her eyes in the original are definitely bigger and more life like. And I did notice that the background is a little different but it's a huge improvement and I think she'll appreciate it. Or at least I hope so.

I am sure she will be happy, but knuckleheads like myself always have to shed an opinion. I feel like a god damn Yelper. Haha. She'll be thrilled though.

Check out this one. They used a 2nd photo for reference but looks good nonetheless.

Pixel-By-Pixel-original-web.jpg
Anne-and-Humphrey-at-Luna-Park-original-web.jpg
Pixel-By-Pixel-restored-web1.jpg

Last edited:
I am sure she will be happy, but knuckleheads like myself always have to shed an opinion. I feel like a god damn Yelper. Haha. She'll be thrilled though.

Check out this one. They used a 2nd photo for reference but looks good nonetheless.

Pixel-By-Pixel-original-web.jpg
Anne-and-Humphrey-at-Luna-Park-original-web.jpg
Pixel-By-Pixel-restored-web1.jpg

holy ****

^Good stuff Wilson. One day I'll visit Taiwan.

--

Finally got a chance to work on my helicopter photos over SF Bay Area.

On another note, I also came back from Yosemite. It was snowing and raining but wasn't as cold as I thought it was even though it was like 20 - 40 degrees. Didn't feel like it. Here are some photos off my Instagram. Will post more soon.

As always, more on my blog or click the link below.

IG - @dunksrnice
http://www.dunksrnice.net/2015/12/s009-ep170.html

Horace Wilkinson Bridge in Baton Rouge

Mississippi River @ Levee in Baton Rouge

LSU vs Texas AM  Saturday Night Football in Death Valley

LSU Basketball vs McNeese St at Pete Maravich Assembly Center

Saints vs Lions Monday Night Football in Mercedes Benz Superdome

Diamond x Michael Kors

Graffiti x Photography Project 2015

El Chapo

Houston Galleria June 27th

Thanks guys!

DRN, saw some of those Yosemite pics on IG, awesome stuff! Heading out there at the end of January, hoping to get some good photography time in.

Great stuff man. Some of the spots I wanted to go to were closed because of the snow. I'm planning to go back some time next year. Hopefully you get to what you wanted to shoot, and if not, just drive around, a lot of spots to pull over and take photos of.

Thanks guys!
Great stuff man. Some of the spots I wanted to go to were closed because of the snow. I'm planning to go back some time next year. Hopefully you get to what you wanted to shoot, and if not, just drive around, a lot of spots to pull over and take photos of.

Definitely hike the trails. When water is good, there is one secret one next to the entrance but if it is snowing, I know a lot of places are just no good to go to.

Back
Top Bottom