The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^ what kind of hobbies or interests do you have? Best thing about Japan is they do everything to the extreme... so if you have a hobby or interest, you can usually find an amazing area that can satisfy that.
streetwear brand and some local japanese denim
few of the store that i must visit while im in Japan that i already put on to my list
-wacko maria
-parking ginza
-supreme
-dsm
and some other stores too
but, i havent found any good photography spots tho, any recommendation maybe?
thanks!

Last edited:
^ what kind of hobbies or interests do you have? Best thing about Japan is they do everything to the extreme... so if you have a hobby or interest, you can usually find an amazing area that can satisfy that.

only been to japan (tokyo) once and i don't know much about the other large cities there or what things are like outside offtokyo but i feel like this is kinda the perfect description of tokyo...whatever you are into there is like a section of the city almost especially for that thing, very interesting place to get lost just walking around...

Definitely gonna look into building a website/blog. Think it will push me to go out and shoot more and I'll be doing some traveling next year so it's a good time for me to start.

You guys only digital?

Been into film lately
There's a handful of people in here who shoot film. I've got a few rolls sitting in a drawer that I have to develop. It's fun to mix things up from digital every so often, definitely slows you down and makes you think a little bit more. 

What are you shooting?

Also, on the topic of sites, I set up a little portfolio through SmugMug a while back: bhandyphotos.com

They make it pretty easy to manage photos and it ties directly into Lightroom. 

Here's my referral code, good for 20% off if anyone's interested: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=vCT2exRupZa6Q

Last edited:
Hey guys, haven't lurked in this thread in a minute but figured I'd stop in as I'm in the market for a lens and could always use some extra advice.

I shot with a 6d, for the past year I've been using a 24-70L version 1 but had to give it back. I loved that lens but have always been into primes (had the 24L version 1 before). I loved the versatility of the 24-70 but also have a strong interest in a prime as I wanna get more into portraits.

I am currently lens-less and can really only afford 1 lens as I just got outta college and have student loans to pay for :lol:

So my question here is, if you were in my situation, would you guys just go for the 24-70L ver 2 or should I get a prime? And if you could only get one prime, what length would you go? I'm eyeing either the 35L version 1 or the sigma 35 art. The sigma 24-35 f/2 has caught my attention recently as well...

Thanks in advance and keep killin it in this thread as usual!

Hey guys, haven't lurked in this thread in a minute but figured I'd stop in as I'm in the market for a lens and could always use some extra advice.

I shot with a 6d, for the past year I've been using a 24-70L version 1 but had to give it back. I loved that lens but have always been into primes (had the 24L version 1 before). I loved the versatility of the 24-70 but also have a strong interest in a prime as I wanna get more into portraits.

I am currently lens-less and can really only afford 1 lens as I just got outta college and have student loans to pay for :lol:

So my question here is, if you were in my situation, would you guys just go for the 24-70L ver 2 or should I get a prime? And if you could only get one prime, what length would you go? I'm eyeing either the 35L version 1 or the sigma 35 art. The sigma 24-35 f/2 has caught my attention recently as well...

what lens you decide on should prolly be informed by what you (want to) shoot, with the 6d a 24-70 is definitely going to give you more flexibility...as for primes a 35mm is a good choice, though you might want to mess with a 50mm if you want to mix in some portrait tings

from random flight practice

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

suburban solstice sunrises by a0, on Flickr

I recently got a 6D and sold my 70D. Lens I have so far is a 50 1.8 and my gf got me the EF 85 1.8 for xmas. I'm planning to get the 24-70 2.8L II for the flexibility.

Last edited:

I've always shot with primes but with the stuff I shot and that catches my attention(landscape/street) I've leaned more towards a zoom. I want that 24-70 G master but its 2 grand lol. id say go with the zoom cause it gives you more versatility. the prime id get would be 35. i got a 28 and 55 1.8 and i think my next purchase is the Rokinon 14 2.8

heres a few i just finished editing

HAPPY HOLIDAYS NT FAM.

Amazing how quick the weather can change ....

I went to this place to shoot the bridge from the other side, but after a lack luster sunset I just packed it up and was about to leave then I looked back and I was like hold up ... Let me take a quick shot!

31043771853_1009914340_z.jpg

I went to this place to shoot the bridge from the other side, but after a lack luster sunset I just packed it up and was about to leave then I looked back and I was like hold up ... Let me take a quick shot!

This is in Astoria right? I always get confused with this bridge if it's the one in Sydney or Astoria park lol

Beautiful shot of the hellgate. What are the specs? Canera, lens, settings?

Went and printed some of my photographs for wall decoration at a local photo lab and quality is terrible. You can see vertical lines when looking at it up close.

What's a good online professional print website? I looked around and couldn't find any consensus.

Went and printed some of my photographs for wall decoration at a local photo lab and quality is terrible. You can see vertical lines when looking at it up close.

What's a good online professional print website? I looked around and couldn't find any consensus.
I use mpix and have been very happy 

Hello fam.
I'm not a photographer what's so ever but I'm always amazed of what these things are capable.
Any who I'm going on vacation next month and would like to capture some good pics.
Can any one recommend me an ok camera.
I was looking into the
Sony a5000. Any thoughts thanks. For any help...

Hello fam.
I'm not a photographer what's so ever but I'm always amazed of what these things are capable.
Any who I'm going on vacation next month and would like to capture some good pics.
Can any one recommend me an ok camera.
I was looking into the
Sony a5000. Any thoughts thanks. For any help...

What's your price range?

Back
Top Bottom