The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^

Really like how those turned out 
pimp.gif

thanks, bjamez20!!

Anyone interested in a few RAW file dumps and see what people come up with for edits to spark some editing dialog again? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

If so, any requests? I mostly have portraits :lol:

Last edited:
look into the mirrorless system. When changing aperture, shutter speed, etc, you get a live view of the image. Makes it easier to know how your image will look. My first camera was the Sony a6000 and I haven't thought of looking back.

definitely, i feel like mirrorless cameras are more straightforward & are perfect cameras to start with for that reason, they enable a way to understand in real time the relationship between aperture, iso, & shutter speed but the native AF lens selection & performance is still ever so slightly behind traditional dslrs...and though mirrorless camera are growing in popularity, they are still the in minority so it is harder to share native lenses and on average they tend to be more expensive systems than their dslr counterparts...

thanks, bjamez20!!

Anyone interested in a few RAW file dumps and see what people come up with for edits to spark some editing dialog again?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

If so, any requests? I mostly have portraits
laugh.gif
I really enjoyed editing the last set of raw photos posted and seeing what people came up with I think it'd be cool to see it be a regular occurrence. 

MAAANN!!!!! i cant wait to see the damage you're gonna do with that bad boy.

When i started out i was a nikon shooter and was saving up for a d750 before jumping ship to canon.
pimp.gif
I'm really, really stoked to have this bad boy, quite the upgrade from my D3200 lol

Now I just gotta wait on this 35mm f/1.8G to get in Monday.

What made you jump ship?

MAAANN!!!!! i cant wait to see the damage you're gonna do with that bad boy.

When i started out i was a nikon shooter and was saving up for a d750 before jumping ship to canon. :pimp:
I'm really, really stoked to have this bad boy, quite the upgrade from my D3200 lol

What made you jump ship?

my mentor shot canon and we made an agreement that i would second shoot for her for free and she would let me borrow her lenses for free.

To me, camera is just a tool. You can get awesome results whether its nikon, canon, fuji, sony, olympus etc if you're a photographer. All preference.

To this day I like the way the nikon shutters sound more. I also like nikon's noise better. looks more like film to me.

Last edited:
thanks, bjamez20!!

Anyone interested in a few RAW file dumps and see what people come up with for edits to spark some editing dialog again? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

If so, any requests? I mostly have portraits :lol:
I really enjoyed editing the last set of raw photos posted and seeing what people came up with I think it'd be cool to see it be a regular occurrence. 

I'll post some tonight!

my mentor shot canon and we made an agreement that i would second shoot for her for free and she would let me borrow her lenses for free.

To me, camera is just a tool. You can get awesome results whether its nikon, canon, fuji, sony, olympus etc if you're a photographer. All preference.

To this day I like the way the nikon shutters sound more. I also like nikon's noise better. looks more like film to me.
Sounds exactly like my homie lol..told me he would be borrowing my body as soon as I told him I was buying it lmfao

Wait....you do know you got a DX lens right? I tried looking it up and although it works on a full frame, you'll get some vignetting on your shots.

04_35mm_f1.8-960x641.jpg

NIKON D600 + 35mm f/1.8 @ 35mm, ISO 100, 1/400, f/1.8

https://photographylife.com/using-nikon-dx-lenses-on-fx-cameras

EDIT: Oh wait.....did you get the Nikon 35mm f/1.8G ED?

Last edited:
Wait....you do know you got a DX lens right? I tried looking it up and although it works on a full frame, you'll get some vignetting on your shots.

04_35mm_f1.8-960x641.jpg

NIKON D600 + 35mm f/1.8 @ 35mm, ISO 100, 1/400, f/1.8

https://photographylife.com/using-nikon-dx-lenses-on-fx-cameras

EDIT: Oh wait.....did you get the Nikon 35mm f/1.8G ED?
Yea I got the ED bro, I made sure to do my research, my buddy told me to use my Sigma 18-35mm on my 750 and I'm like NOOOOOOOPE

Lens was used for like 100 shots, pretty much brand new and got it for $350 w/ warranty

When people say this has x amount of shots, is it like a used car where the more miles the more I guess wear and tear?

But where would the performance of a lens/body suffer after x amount of shots?

I actually had no idea they made that lens. From what I remember when having Nikon, they just had like a super expensive one. Good to know Nikon is filling the gaps. That is a solid setup considering. Crazy to think you can get a full frame body and lens now for way under $2K now. People had no choice but to start at crop bodies.

I like the size of the D750. I assume it's comparable to the 6D which oddly I have never seen in person. I would like to have a smaller setup but obviously money is an issue. Hopefully Canon just releases a full frame mirrorless one day so I can have both for either or situation.

When people say this has x amount of shots, is it like a used car where the more miles the more I guess wear and tear?

But where would the performance of a lens/body suffer after x amount of shots?

I think that is more of a concern with the bodies but with lenses, that is just to gauge that it hasn't been out "in the field" for a long time which essentially is where your lenses gets its wear and tear. But for bodies, there is a certain amount of shutters it can handle before it just breaks. I replaced one on my D90 which was like $400. I shot like a madman with that camera.

Random question, but my parents gave me a call and found my Nikon D80 with a 35-70mm 2.8 lens. Is it worth keeping around or should I sell it and use it towards something newer lol.

Back
Top Bottom