The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Looking to get a mirrorless camera for when i travel. Can anyone recommend what i should get? Budget around $1k

Thanks

oak-1-copy1.jpg

Different facial expressions would've made that shoot a tad better but I like the composition and content.

Not even gonna bother a 365 for 2018

That new 85mm looks butters. Nice shoot. And that filter you have been using has been looking good. Looks great for portraits.

What about the Sony A7 or A6300-6500?

The 6500 would be an awesome investment. Unless you're looking at the a7 ii series I would stay away. You'll be paying more for full frame and for full frame glass. The a6500 would be a cheaper investment, still over your $1k, but you could build your way up to full frame.

I would check out the Fuji XT-2. It will set you back almost double your budget for a body and lens but it's an amazing little camera.

anyone here into film photography?

QUITAIN297.jpg

quitain274.jpg

quitain262.jpg

Just started getting into film. I just bought a Canon AF35ML, which pretty much has automatic everything, except ASA(iso). While searching around to get film developed, i'm realziing it's a lot more expensive than I thought. After a few more rolls and doing more research, I think i'm going to learn how to develop to save me some $$$. I bought a handful of Ektar 100 color negative film, so i'm anxious to see how they turn out. Can you recommend B&W film I should purchase?

Just started getting into film. I just bought a Canon AF35ML, which pretty much has automatic everything, except ASA(iso). While searching around to get film developed, i'm realziing it's a lot more expensive than I thought. After a few more rolls and doing more research, I think i'm going to learn how to develop to save me some $$$. I bought a handful of Ektar 100 color negative film, so i'm anxious to see how they turn out. Can you recommend B&W film I should purchase?

try the fuji neopan 100 or the ilford HP5 Plus. they're both great. although black & white film is expensive nowadays.

btw there's a kickstarter project that my sister came across months ago. it's a small box that can develop your film easily. here's the link

Took some shots of my son and his friend few nights ago.
Struggled the entire time. It was so dark couldn't find focus at all. It being cold didn't help my patience at all

Did you have the focus assist thing on? Lights up the target to help it find the focus. But distracting if you’re doing candid stuff by useful.

Did you have the focus assist thing on? Lights up the target to help it find the focus. But distracting if you’re doing candid stuff by useful.

I did but it didn't help much. Shooting with my 50mm so I was fairly far back. Think I'll either get one of those LED hot shoe lights and/or shoot in less pitch black settings

Back
Top Bottom