The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

1DEE8F19-6A4D-48BC-A965-BBFD1C188A0C.jpeg
76D3204A-7099-4C05-B3D5-43678298AF00.jpeg
60F7ED50-D36B-4C49-8252-1CD74D131B71.jpeg
585A31ED-ABA5-4FE8-A2F6-D25D3556B23E.jpeg
058B0CBD-CF72-4311-ABE2-F90E8E79103F.jpeg

Itching to buy some new Nikon equipment but I haven’t been shooting a lot lately

I feel this.

Tokina 11-16 APS-C lens on sale for $289 but I'm broke boi and haven't been shooting as much as I would like to

Last edited:
Copped that Sony GMaster 24-70 f2.8 lens a few days ago and it’s absolutely incredible. At $2200 retail it’s pricey but that’s Sony for you, once could debate about whether it’s worth it or not.
What’s not so debatable is how incredible this lens performs especially on a high res camera like the A7RIII. It delivers prime-like IQ, contrast, and color while being a Wide to Medium Focal length zoom. It LOVES lowlight and I have a custom Picture Profile that allows for extreme low noise photo and video in dark scenes. I got rid of my also excellent 24-105 G f4 because I wanted that extra stop of “brightness”. It’s a very large lens, 82mm threads for the filters, and weighs two pounds. I’ll put up some sample photos later. But my goodness I love this lens!
FFFC8DFA-4A34-4F44-8B7C-1D698534D28D.png

Are you guys self taught photographers or trained?

I'm thinking about getting a second degree in photojournalism to satisfy my artistic sensibilities tbh. Always been intrigued by photography and always enjoyed & excelled at writing.

I don't necessarily need that degree, but it's fun to me and would be almost free. Part of me just also wants another degree on the wall too.

^ Im with you on that - I want to get more into drone photography. I see these crappy online course.

I would love a recommendation - if anyone has one.

I am self taught but I don't think it is something I recommend because to this day, I still say things wrong whether open/closed apertures, f-stops, I still say bokeh as "boke-kay", etc. I think taking a course just gets you fundamentals faster but I think the real constructive thing to do if you have the resources is just to shadow a photographer that is willing to teach. Talking in class is one thing but I think hands on experiences as well as just showing you on camera what to do goes way farther. A lot of the other stuff like composition, framing and other shooting technics come with just shooting more and honestly just viewing and looking at other people's photos. But if you have a friend that is in the same photo hobby as you, just go out and shoot and learn with each other.

Forgot to post this but shot this yesterday at like 6:30am. Was looking for a little bit more foreground but the fog rolled in super thick.

Fog+1.jpg

Also a friend of mine sent me this video. If people wondered what SF/Bay Area fog looks like at morning to night. I could have caught something more like this but the fog I saw was sort of calm oddly. This video is simply beautiful.

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr

YOU WERE RIGHT, I TOOK YOUR ADVICE. WAITED CLOSER TO BLACK FRIDAY AND CAUGHT A STEAL!

ORDERED MY A7R3, 24-70MM F/4 ZA OSS Lens, AND SANDISK EXTREME PRO 300MB ALL FOR $2775.

PATIENCE PAYS... SOMETIMES:lol:

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr

YOU WERE RIGHT, I TOOK YOUR ADVICE. WAITED CLOSER TO BLACK FRIDAY AND CAUGHT A STEAL!

ORDERED MY A7R3, 24-70MM F/4 ZA OSS Lens, AND SANDISK EXTREME PRO 300MB ALL FOR $2775.

PATIENCE PAYS... SOMETIMES:lol:

Hell yeah bro! There should be a ton off good deals for all photographers out there. It gets a little crazy when it gets closer to the holidays cause you end up just wanting to buy so much for yourself. Oh well....money saved.

I havent posted on NT in like 10 years, so heres my return lol. Some of my favorite shots i've taken over the years. Feel free to ask any questions or follow me on IF for more of my work @DS.IMG

These are all drone images my camera images are too large to upload and idk how to downsize them at the moment lol

Attachments

• v25.jpg
    v25.jpg
    583.8 KB · Views: 21
  • v40.jpg
    v40.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 23
  • hk132.jpg
    hk132.jpg
    590.5 KB · Views: 21
  • euro 38.jpg
    euro 38.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 23
  • euro 21 not final_.jpg
    euro 21 not final_.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 24
  • N16.jpg
    N16.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 22
  • N45.jpg
    N45.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 23
  • hk139.jpg
    hk139.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 22
Well damn! Those are some nice photos. What drone do you use? Those images look solid for a drone. I still want to get a drone but just don't want to get into another photography thing just cause I need to use my current gear more.

Well damn! Those are some nice photos. What drone do you use? Those images look solid for a drone. I still want to get a drone but just don't want to get into another photography thing just cause I need to use my current gear more.
I have a phantom 4 pro and a set of ND filters. They look really plain fresh out the camera it’s mostly color grading and editing. And thank you 🙏

Back
Top Bottom