The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Yo! Wild times we're living in. Got my hours reduced by more than half at work due to the virus plus with the shelter in place no choice but to stay in and dig through old work. I have a lot of unused video footage that I haven't touched and it's also been a while since my last video attempt. I have a lot of footage of low fog in the bay and I thought about squeezing it all into one video but didn't want to overwhelm it and I'd rather split it. This one mainly focused on the Golden Gate Bridge/City. I almost went out to shoot earlier this week to capture the empty streets of SF but I felt that would be irresponsible on my part. Sucks cause now I've had the urge to shoot ever since but gonna be strong and hold out until hopefully this is all over. Hope everyone is being safe, thankfully my family and loved ones all have our health during this pandemic. Enjoy, any feedback/critique is welcomed.

That is dope yo! I'm thinking about going up to SF tomorrow to fly my drone around and see what kind of shots I can get. Don't do video as much but just want some shots of the empty city since it never really happens.

In a side note anyone here a guru on instagram posts? I'm trying to post a landscape and portrait version of my photos in the same post but I'm having trouble with the cropping.

Clip of what I'm referring to:

Last edited:
Someone I follow in Flickr shot the city empty. Lord knows what time of the day it was shot at but still, pretty crazy to capture.

I don't know how to embed but here is his link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidyuweb/

I feel like if you go early enough, people might not give you crap as long as you are within a certain feet of everyone. I am pretty anxious to shoot too just cause from a documentary stand point, this is sort of something unique to remember. Anyways.....be safe out there.

Someone I follow in Flickr shot the city empty. Lord knows what time of the day it was shot at but still, pretty crazy to capture.

I don't know how to embed but here is his link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidyuweb/

I feel like if you go early enough, people might not give you crap as long as you are within a certain feet of everyone. I am pretty anxious to shoot too just cause from a documentary stand point, this is sort of something unique to remember. Anyways.....be safe out there.

I've seen his work before, his stuff is really amazing. I was just trying to fly my drone around, plan was to just sit in my car alone while it's up in the air lol.

With this shelter in place, took the time to shoot this photo.

Jordan+1.jpg

Dope as usual Fong.

How'd you set up that shoot? Sneaker photography really interests me. Wanna get better at it

I wish I took behind the scene shots but the videos below are similar to what I did. I have a ton of tripods from some stands I use but I used it to string up the shoes with some fishing line. That is the hardest part really is to prep the shoot because you need everything to be still as well as your camera since you are sort of bracketing shots. I watched some photographers and they get super into it and bracket like 5-10 photos. The one I shot was only 2 but shot about 15 photos total. I used two external flashes with one using an umbrella and the other bare. My wall in my place is black so I used that and it seems to work fine with this shoe anyways. I wanted that dark mysterious look. I knew the tongue would be the brightest part of the shoe.

Super fun but even though these shoots take a ton of time. I wan to try and add some spray techniques like the vid above and add some color to it too. I guess with this shelter in place, it sort of eats up in the dead time.

Back
Top Bottom