The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I love it... haven't picked up my DSLR since.... and some of my friends who shoot Nikon have already switched over to Micro 4/3's for at least a backup camera.... it's really fun to shoot with and portability is great. It has everything I need for what I shoot. Not for everyone, but I love it.

Originally Posted by juggy4805

Originally Posted by Sugahill19

4719809316_72951aa3d7_b.jpg

Did you do any post processing with this image? If so what did you do?
yes,  it's really simple to do in photoshop, here's something similar to what i did http://photoshoptutorials...cts/selective-sepia.html

Originally Posted by digitalartclub

I love it... haven't picked up my DSLR since.... and some of my friends who shoot Nikon have already switched over to Micro 4/3's for at least a backup camera.... it's really fun to shoot with and portability is great. It has everything I need for what I shoot. Not for everyone, but I love it.

And this is exactly what I was talking about earlier. Good to know.

Yeah, I can't knock anyone's camera choice. Everyone shoots with what they shoot with because it suits them best. I feel that all of the cameras mentioned are great, and you can get great photos from each one. It's hard for me to tell what photos are shot with which camera when browsing flickr (unless I pixel peep or check exif data).

To each his/her own.

well, i've had them for a while now. just now getting around to posting pictures of them. new body is a canon 1d mark ii, new lens is a canon 24-70 2.8 L my other camera is my trusty canon 10d with a canon 80-200 2.8 L also tried making a wallpaper of my 1d. done a little bit different processing on these on purpose too. didn't realize it was off centered until after i posted it. oh well. i'll try it again sometime.

e3c15d4963d23a08157b9e304b9ae18e3c948dc.jpg

0d625134b2608d963ca0acec1cb64b1e93e673b.jpg

0f035e674e6e6b51df22304809bb221a675735a.jpg

thanks for pointing me in the right direction.......

copy pasted from the thread i made:

So I realized I've done a lot of traveling and have never taken any real pics (aside from cell phone snapshots)........I really want to do so next trip.

I know SLRs/dSLRs are the best, but would these be way too bulky for a vacation? I'm thinking something more compact like a point and shoot, but will they take pictures that look good?

Any recommendations would be awesome, price isn't really a concern but again I don't need like a pro camera so I'm not tring to drop $3K+ or anything.

Thanks dudes.

Originally Posted by LoveForTheAir23

It's been a while...

All teasers pretty much of current projects...

4681262721_3144f7e523_b.jpg

Great stuff, as always, since I seen that project that was making its rounds on the internet, paying tribute to timeless pieces, jazz music, black history, etc you folks gained a new fan.  Anyways, I don't have the skill sets to place me in a position to provide useful constructive critisim, but just an FYI watch the crop on this particular image, since we can see the end of the BG roll (lower right hand corner), my guess is it's not a final product or you don't mind.  Anyways, keep sharing and goodluck on these projects.

Originally Posted by msgt16

Mayon Volcano
Albay, Philippines

4705113956_d1576d7c6b.jpg

best viewed at Hi Res

Sick! I won't front, I did overlook this image at first, but then the other day, just browsing through some pages again, I was like "wow".  I usually try to comment on a couple of pictures since initially that was one of the reasons for this thread, to share and critique, so we can become better photographers.  Anyways, this is a very iLL photograph imo.  Good stuff!

Here's a photo for the 52 week assignment, this week was Graffiti:

Couple photos I took recently of my buddies motorcycle:

As always, enjoy and feel free to C/C.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

thanks for pointing me in the right direction.......

copy pasted from the thread i made:

So I realized I've done a lot of traveling and have never taken any real pics (aside from cell phone snapshots)........I really want to do so next trip.

I know SLRs/dSLRs are the best, but would these be way too bulky for a vacation? I'm thinking something more compact like a point and shoot, but will they take pictures that look good?

Any recommendations would be awesome, price isn't really a concern but again I don't need like a pro camera so I'm not tring to drop $3K+ or anything.

Thanks dudes.

Check this out: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q210grouptravelzoom/

Back
Top Bottom