The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

4979001848_42543200da_o.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

what's up guys... I just picked up a T2i and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good bag/backpack for carrying it around. 

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by Mr718

Originally Posted by Mr718

Got this today...
http://imaging.nikon.com/...oolpix/performance/p100/

nikon_p100_dos_450.jpg

Wanted to get a SLR but I figured I'd take baby steps.  Any suggestions on programs or tips for a rookie?
ohwell.gif

Alrght, that camera SUCKED! 1080p video was nice to have but if you cant take decent pics there's no point. So I took it up one level and got this...
Olympus Pen E-PL1
olympus-pen-e-pl1.jpg

Satisfied so far. If this doesnt work out, I'll jump to the D3000.

If you can do it, get the new Nikon 3100. Don't even get these fake DLSRs if you want some quality stuff. Might as well just take all that money and get a real one and then save up for some lenses. Trust me, in the long run you will save money on this expensive hobby.

I was trying to stay away from the SLR game because of the size, thats really the only thing holding me back. Also, any of the SLR's I would be able to afford or "justify" by the amount that of time I would actually be using it, would be something very basic w/o video. I dont really see whats so bad about this camera so far. I have yet to find a reason to complain (then again, I'm coming from point 'n shoot). Im looking to be schooled here. Whats the advantage of DSLR over a Micro Four Thirds?

BTW, the commercial that sold me....

^^^ I have the Olympus E-P2 and I love it. Great image quality in a small package. I have regular Olympus e-510 DSLR too and after I got my E-P2 I can't go back to it. It's great for my needs.

It really sucks not having a zoom lens right now.

I don't know whether to keep investing in this D90 or keep saving for the 5D Mark II

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It really sucks not having a zoom lens right now.

I don't know whether to keep investing in this D90 or keep saving for the 5D Mark II

Well, this is some insight that I have on your situation. Obviously they are announcing the D7000 this weekend, so not sure if that is the upgrade you want from your D90 but it should better ISO, better video (still crappier then Canon though) and burst shooting. It should be a direct competitor of the Canon 60D but still well below the Canon 7D and of course the Mark 2. Also Nikon's next big camera is the D700 replacement, which should be (hopefully) up to par with the Canon Mark 2. But since the Canon Mark 2 has been out for a couple of years, I would even expect an upgrade on that in the next year or two after they release the Canon 1D Mark IV.

^ That's what I have. It's a cool design, sleek and simple, but I'm not a big fan of the "sling." I would have liked it better if it was a backpack style bag. 

Is craigslistlist a reliable place to get a dslr from? Anybody know of a diffeeht website to get cameras? Also, what's a good starting camera?300-500 is my price range

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Is craigslistlist a reliable place to get a dslr from? Anybody know of a diffeeht website to get cameras? Also, what's a good starting camera?300-500 is my price range

Yeah.....Craiglist is ok. Just makes sure to ask how many clicks or find out how many shots has been fired off if it is used. Also check B&H photos and even Best Buy if you want to do the Best Buy credit card thing and pay a camera off in like 18 months. For that price you are asking, get a Nikon D3000 our Canon XSi.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

It's reliable as long as you know what you're looking for. After all, you do meet people to make the transaction, so don't just show up, pay, and then check things out at home. Look everything over when you meet, play with the camera for a bit etc.

Back
Top Bottom