The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Anyone else planning on shooting the lunar eclipse tonight? If so, how do you plan on capturing it. I'm going to try with my Pentax K-X equipped with a zoom lens & a tripod.

nygw38.jpg

egy2av.jpg

29vi48z.jpg

nnqjqv.jpg

happy.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

looking for a portable device that I can easily dump CF contents into w/o the use of a laptop or computer..

i use an ipad. it supports raw photos
smokin.gif
  and u can view pics immediately. used it on a recent trip with no probs what so ever.

5241796117_b7d6f13c3f_z.jpg

5256041121_8a8e9de2b7_z.jpg

5256041405_2c7488225c_z.jpg

Okay guys i need help. I want to print an old picture and it's dimensions are 320X240. whats the biggest I can print it without pixelating it? 8X4 3x4 etc etc whatever. THANKS.

Don't think anyone answered earlier, but I'm looking to upgrade from the kit lense on the D3000. Possibly a fish-eye, can anyone link me to some suggestions? Or give me some insight and price-range?

Thanks NT fam.

BIONIC....nice shots. I am kinda of pissed I missed the lunar eclipse but there as nothing but clouds in my area.

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

Don't think anyone answered earlier, but I'm looking to upgrade from the kit lense on the D3000. Possibly a fish-eye, can anyone link me to some suggestions? Or give me some insight and price-range?

Thanks NT fam.

As stated, this is the best fisheye for a Nikon (Nikkor 10.5mm fisheye):

353_2148_AF-DX-Fisheye-NIKKOR-10.5mm-f-2.8G-ED%5B1%5D.jpg

Expect to pay at least $500 if you can find it used on craigslist. But a new one will run you about $600+ or so.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Okay guys i need help. I want to print an old picture and it's dimensions are 320X240. whats the biggest I can print it without pixelating it? 8X4 3x4 etc etc whatever. THANKS.

Found this on another site. Hope it helps.

[table][tr][td]Image Resolution[/td][td]Maximum Print Size[/td][/tr][tr][td]less than 640X480[/td][td]Wallet size only[/td][/tr][tr][td]640X480[/td][td]absolute largest, 4X6[/td][/tr][tr][td]1024X768[/td][td]4X6[/td][/tr][tr][td]1152X864[/td][td]5X7[/td][/tr][tr][td]1600X1200[/td][td]8X10[/td][/tr][/table]  

CE0 Mal...no doubt man. I just see questions on here and just answer them if I know anything about it. Even though it's not highly recommended, I shoot primarily on that lens and have loved it ever since I got it. It might be costly but it is a really good lens.

Originally Posted by juggy4805

damnitzdom wrote:

damnitzdom wrote:

Found this on another site. Hope it helps.

[table]

[tr]
[td]Image Resolution[/td]
[td]Maximum Print Size[/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]less than 640X480[/td]
[td]Wallet size only[/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]640X480[/td]
[td]absolute largest, 4X6[/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]1024X768[/td]
[td]4X6[/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]1152X864[/td]
[td]5X7[/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]1600X1200[/td]
[td]8X10[/td][/tr][/table]  

Also the clarity of the photo helps a lot as well. As a photo is expanded its normal size, a clear photo can mask the pixels a lot better then a bad one. but expect a slight amount of grain regardless. Also if you print on gloss, I find that the photos come out better cause the gloss hides the pixelation a tad bit better.

Originally Posted by arsenalGUNNER1

Can anyone recommend me the best printer for a budget of like $300 maybe $400? What should I look for in a printer? I like color more than black & white.

Thanks
Anyone? 
nerd.gif

• Hey guys I got a canon sd1400 point and shoot ..is it best to use the software to tranfer to my mac or iphoto?
  • Also do you guys have any reccomendations for free/open source editing programs?
  • Whats the best way to transfer images post editing to fb without losing quality or the images becoming blurry and subpar?
Any help is greatly appreciated you guys take some amazing photos
eek.gif

Can anyone recommend me the best printer for a budget of like $300 maybe $400? What should I look for in a printer? I like color more than black & white.

Thanks
Anyone? 
nerd.gif

I am sure no one is answering because everyone on here hardly prints photos and not on a personal photo printer at lease. I believe back in the days, my design friends used to tell me that EPSON or Canon was pretty good. I have a personal hatred towards HP but they also make good inkjet printers imo.

I did find this link on CNEt: http://reviews.cnet.com/best-inkjet-printers/?tag=

Also make sure to get an inkjet and not laster for photo quality prints. And make sure to get some good paper that is used for printing as well. That helps in the overall outcome of a photo.

Originally Posted by KanyeBreast

• Hey guys I got a canon sd1400 point and shoot ..is it best to use the software to tranfer to my mac or iphoto?
  • Also do you guys have any reccomendations for free/open source editing programs?
  • Whats the best way to transfer images post editing to fb without losing quality or the images becoming blurry and subpar?

Any help is greatly appreciated you guys take some amazing photos
eek.gif

I know you just PM'd me but I can answer the others (I am bored at work):

1) Use iPhoto. They actually have a simple editing program on there to fix little things like color, contrast, cropping, etc that is pretty decent. There really isn't that much you need to do unless you are trying to do some cut and paste graphics.
2) Also I am not even sure people know this but there is a basic online photoshop. I used a couple of times at work. Only thing is I think when photos are saved, they kind of get downsized in quality. Don't quote me on it but make sure to check up on that regardless. http://www.pixlr.com/editor/

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

A few randoms that I like, any C&C are appreciated.
1) it would have been better to have what she was holding in her hands in the shot, and maybe a bit of the rope just to add.
2) my favorite shot
3) don't see the point? it's just leaves
4) like the colors
5) meh.

these are just my thoughts, i'm no expert.

Back
Top Bottom