The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Good year for Sony.

SpiderMan and God of War with loads of nominees and awards

Looks like Cory is wearing them new Playstation Air Forces which I missed out on. :smh:

Astro Bot also got Best VR Game of the Year.

Should get some to play it finally. It's been selling well over here.

Anyone buying The Last Remnant Remaster?

I will definitely pick it up, but on sale.

I also bought BFV like an idiot. Roped me in with free DLC and the 50% off deal. I love the multiplayer and hate it at the same time... I dont know why I do this to myself. :lol:

Trophies look fun, however. And I always like Battlefields single player/vignettes.

I also bought BFV like an idiot. Roped me in with free DLC and the 50% off deal. I love the multiplayer and hate it at the same time... I dont know why I do this to myself. :lol:

Trophies look fun, however. And I always like Battlefields single player/vignettes.

I probably will eventually. I liked it a lot but the world/dungeons were bland and it had a ton of technical issues. So I will have to see how it shapes up.

I’ll cop it...eventually. I’m not sure if it’s possible but I have too many unbeaten JRPGs right now :lol:

Look forward to seeing you on the Battlefield :rofl:

Like I talked about with Bad Religion Bad Religion , earlier in the thread....

I really enjoyed GOW. Someone on Twitter captured the game's essence best to me.

"God of War is an almost flawless reintroduction to the series, beautifully executing Kratos’ development into a father and building up a brand new limitless arc extending off the previous story. The open world, RPG elements, and new combat filled the series with fresh air."

I always felt if there was a game to overtake GOW, it was going to be RDR2. I haven't beat Spiderman yet, but those pigeon quests, research bases, Miles and MJ missions, and those easy boss fights don't belong in a GOTY conversation. Web slinging, combat and story mode have been a blast though.

PO

Shameless plug:

https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-184-surprise-collectors-edition-ps4

EAF999E6-19B9-47AD-9CD4-0F6026281441.jpeg

I had GOW as my game of the year right after I played a few hours of RDR2 lol game is a little too simulation to me and Spider-Man was great but was just a evolution of previous Spidey games. GOW completely reinvented the series flawlessly.

I had GOW as my game of the year right after I played a few hours of RDR2 lol game is a little too simulation to me and Spider-Man was great but was just a evolution of previous Spidey games. GOW completely reinvented the series flawlessly.

I've put more hours into Spider-Man than GOW but I agree GOW reinvented the genre. Still love Spidey.

Haven't played Spiderman yet, but wouldn't you guys say that it's an evolution of the Arkham games?

Not really, no. It certainly has a couple elements, but I didnt really see a lot of similarities between Arkham and Spider-man. I'd say it has more in common with Infamous.

That's just me, though. I finished playing Arkham Knight in September/October so it was fresh in mind.

Not really, no. It certainly has a couple elements, but I didnt really see a lot of similarities between Arkham and Spider-man. I'd say it has more in common with Infamous.

That's just me, though. I finished playing Arkham Knight in September/October so it was fresh in mind.

Gotcha, the combat had some similarities.

Picked a hell of a year to join the current gen.
Watched my first ever game awards and the decision has been made after I 100% RDR2, it's on to GOW

Spiderman becomes repetitive after a while IMO, maybe the DLC pack will breathe life back into it (buying it soon)

I actually got 100% trophies on the regular game, now going back to get 100% on ultimate, so i’ve def put a lot of hours into it

Spiderman becomes repetitive after a while IMO, maybe the DLC pack will breathe life back into it (buying it soon)

I actually got 100% trophies on the regular game, now going back to get 100% on ultimate, so i’ve def put a lot of hours into it
I played 15 min into the new dlc and got bored

The DLC is much like the base game. A central plot surrounded by Screwball challenges and crimes in random districts. I was happy to go back to it for the suits alone.

Spider-Man is definitely similar to the Arkham games.

When you finish off one of the thugs it even makes that loud shotgun sound the Arkham games make :lol:

Back
Top Bottom