The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

You mean where the HDD is at?

I cleaned it out and nothing works.

The fan makes this loud stop and go sound. Never heard it make that noise before.

I played it for about 20 minutes and got kinda bored. I hate tutorials, just let me learn as I go.

Is it just me or does some of the worlds in KH3 overstay their welcome? I feel like some worlds are being dragged out just for the sake of extending the game. seandon23 seandon23 thoughts? I see you’re damn near done with it, I think.

Also after playing through
Arendelle (Frozen), I wish they would have added Moana too.

Is it just me or does some of the worlds in KH3 overstay their welcome? I feel like some worlds are being dragged out just for the sake of extending the game. seandon23 seandon23 thoughts? I see you’re damn near done with it, I think.

I didn't mind the world lengths, I just wish there were more worlds. I beat the game over the weekend and my main complaint is it was too short. I'm not a completionist so I'm not gonna go back and try to make the Ultima weapon and 100% all the worlds so I'm essentially done with the game for good. I also felt like the combat was too easy. After Toy Box I stopped using Attractions. I played on Standard though so maybe I should've done Proud.

But overall I liked the game a lot.

Yeah I’m almost done with it. Might just try and storm through it tonight when I get home. It’s funny you talk about world length cuz I was talking to one of my boys about it. I think the reason why they feel so long because some of them are really stretched out. The levels in these worlds are bigger than they have been in any of the other KH games.

But I think the biggest reason why they feel long is because you’re completing the world in one take as opposed to doing them in shorter lengths twice like in other KH games.

only world that really dragged on was arendelle for me. That was a slog to get through and the story was really disjointed in that one. We only get hans in the last 5 minutes of the world lol. I wish Moana was in the game too. I’m a little disappointed in the worlds tbh it feels like it’s feels lacking when you look at all of them together

Last edited:
I keep forgetting to download apex legends. Was initally against it but after watching gameplay of it, it does look pretty good

Haven’t been paying close attention to the thread but briefly heard about anthem over the weekend.

People expecting it to be a 8/10, 9/10 type game?

Haven’t been paying close attention to the thread but briefly heard about anthem over the weekend.

People expecting it to be a 8/10, 9/10 type game?
I’m not sure what to think of that game yet. I hope it’s good but I have low expectations for it

You mean where the HDD is at?

I cleaned it out and nothing works.

The fan makes this loud stop and go sound. Never heard it make that noise before.

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee Fan bearing is probably done. You ought to look at some videos on replacing the fan with a new one. Seems like your PS4 is reaching a maximum temperature then shutting down as the fan is not venting the heat correctly.

If you're taking apart your PS4 and you're also comfortable with electronics, you can replace the OEM thermal paste on the APU with a more efficient one.

Last edited:
I expect Anthem to review average, 6,7/10. It’ll be talked about for a weeks and then Division 2 will drop and kill the player base.

I’ll basically be getting the game free via game-sharing. I don’t play online but bioware was once one of my favorite developers. Hope they can make up for Andromeda (own it but never played) with a solid campaign here. From what I saw the “classes” seemed pretty lame.

Horizon zero dawn is a dope game.. like 20 hours in and only 30% done. But kinda taking my time.

Any advice? Really trying to finish.

Horizon zero dawn is a dope game.. like 20 hours in and only 30% done. But kinda taking my time.

Any advice? Really trying to finish.

I loved HZD. If you’re trying to just finish I’d ignore the side quests. It does help though to earn the loot and XP from them along the way.

Unless things were patched, there were a few ways to sort of cheese in the game. The whistle thing was so OP in the story mode. You can stack explosive trip wires basically to an infinite level on each other and lure a big machine directly to it for a one hit kill. Not exactly a cheese, but having the precision arrow stacked with your best damage upgrades was imo the most effective way to dish out heavy hits, and you can get it off without even having to pull the bow all the way back so it shot at a decent enough rate. You’d just have to farm the materials for it and make sure you had enough wire. I’m sure there are other things but just going off memory. Haven’t played since the dlc.

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee Fan bearing is probably done. You ought to look at some videos on replacing the fan with a new one. Seems like your PS4 is reaching a maximum temperature then shutting down as the fan is not venting the heat correctly.

If you're taking apart your PS4 and you're also comfortable with electronics, you can replace the OEM thermal paste on the APU with a more efficient one.

Thanks for the info.

Went to a local mom and pop and they will fix it for $75.

They will add new thermal paste, clean the inside and replace the fan.

I will take my PS4 to them tomorrow.

I turned it on again today and it's even making weirder nosies than before. At one time it made that AOL startup sound

Similar to this

Finished the Spider-Man yesterday.
I can see why this game was nominated for GOTY, conversations and dialogue in the final act were great and emotional.
Drawbacks for me were I wasn't really feeling playing as other characters as man times as I did. I would've preferred 1-2 times.
Other than that pretty solid game. After playing RDR2, then GOW, I was really hoping for a Happy Go Lucky ending at the end of this one
NOPE:rofl:
I'm gonna see how much of the plat I can knock off before I get fatigued with the game and then its on to HZD

Downloaded DMC demo yesterday, haven't played it yet, may later on today

Who's playing hitman? Turning on the power when people walk by water is fun and you can rack up piles of bodybags. It's also fun in different uniforms how you are competent enough to perform any given task

Back
Top Bottom