The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Dunno if I missed this, but what medium will they be using? Surely BD's will not be enough?

“Cerny also showed off the power of the console's new solid state drive (SSD) with a practical demo. According to Wired, fast-travelling between locations in Insomniac's Spider-Man on a PS4 Pro took 15 seconds. Using a next-gen PlayStation devkit, the same action took 0.8 seconds.”

Maybe I’m lame, but reduced load times is easily the best feature I’ve heard about this new console so far. A bump in graphical fidelity is fine, but games already look good enough. But if I don’t have to wait 10-15 seconds after every time I die in a From software game...that’s real progress.

A wireless PSVR with better screens would be dope though.
This
Loading times will be the game changer. Even though I put a SSD in my pro, it was still limited by SATA2. These days NVME SSD's are pushing much higher read and write speeds. If they're working on some new one then who knows what kind of speeds we might see.

Dunno if I missed this, but what medium will they be using? Surely BD's will not be enough?
UHD Blu-ray disks are 100GB for dual layer I believe so I'm assuming big games will use that. Smaller games can still use traditonal Blu-Ray disks.

499 PS5 and 250 PSVR 2 works out to about $997 Canadian. :sick:

Hopefully the stagger the launches for both. Buying a Pro and PSVR back to back months killed me last time :lol:
I don't want to drop that amount on day 1 but those rumored specs though are too tempting.

GT7 potentially being a launch title tho...
47629555141_ff39872ba3_o.gif

PS5 specs sound incredible, actually undervalued if all that is true but that probably doesn't matter to a typical consumer.

Leaks point to 499. There was the reddit leak from December which said 499 but I missed this one which looks more concrete.

Pretty spot on so far for a leak from December. All the following have been confirmed now:

Small reveal before E3
Ray Tracing
8K Upscaling
Special SSD Tech
Zen2 and Navi architecture.

All the above are confirmed so looking at the rest of the leaks this thing is going to be a beast if true. A nice jump from current gen.

14TF GPU compared to the 1.8TF on the PS4 amateur and 4.4TF on the PS4 Pro.
24GB GDDR6 RAM plus 4GB for the OS.

The VR specs though got me the most excited.

Higher resolution
Increased field of view
Eye tracking so foveated rendering will be a thing so it will look a lot better.
Wireless :pimp:
No breaker box
$250 - This I'm not so sure of but would be great if true.

I'm still taking this with a pinch of salt because of the PSVR 2 price and the DS5 specs and how will a developer know about Sony's release schedule.
Camera in the pad sounds extreme but then again they did put a light bar in the pad this gen for PSVR so it's not that far-fetched.
Also the focus on 4K and VR over Ray Tracing also sounds more realistic so it all could be real.

:rofl: at the Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima 'remasters'.

Not sure Hybrid works on the Orchestra tours but who knows :lol:

I really want to go to one of them though.

Love the price :lol:

This
Loading times will be the game changer. Even though I put a SSD in my pro, it was still limited by SATA2. These days NVME SSD's are pushing much higher read and write speeds. If they're working on some new one then who knows what kind of speeds we might see.

UHD Blu-ray disks are 100GB for dual layer I believe so I'm assuming big games will use that. Smaller games can still use traditonal Blu-Ray disks.

Hopefully the stagger the launches for both. Buying a Pro and PSVR back to back months killed me last time :lol:
I don't want to drop that amount on day 1 but those rumored specs though are too tempting.

ScholarlyZestyAsianlion-size_restricted.gif

Xbox related but still exciting imo.

It really looks like Sony and M$ going all in. Crazy to think before current gen, it was said consoles were dead. Video games are in a great space :smokin

Things are heating up :lol:
It's like 2013 over again with Orbis vs Durango. Now it's PS5 vs Anaconda (and Lockhart). Leaks pointed to the X1 being more powerful and looked how that turned out.

This time though, Microsoft will try as much not to be the less powerful console after this gen and if they are going for the 2 SKU's at launch then it's not to hard to believe Anaconda would be the most powerful console.
Still though, the wired article doesn't give enough info for MS to know what is more powerful and both Sony and Microsoft are partnering with AMD so the specs won't be much different in terms of CPU and GPU, I don't think.

They'll both want the best that AMD can give within the constraints of $499. Leaks for Anaconda are similar to that of the PS5 leaks.

upload_2019-4-19_11-2-7.png

I can't wait till we get more info about both, there's still a lot to find out. Stuff that's not even mentioned in the leaks. It's going to be a fun ride.

Back
Top Bottom