The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I doubt it. GTA never released a system upgrade until long after the OG was released.

Thats just speculation out of me though, I have no idea.

Ooh alright, I remember NBA Live did something like that, the Xbox 360 released about a month before NBA Live came out and they made a super rushed crappy version for the 360.

ibp2LYnmQJjEkC.gif

I don't see this system selling anywhere under 550, if you look at the Wii U, it's selling at a loss for Nintendo and its 300-350.
If Nintendo didn't sell the system at a loss I would assume they would price it somewhere in the 400 range since reports say that for Nintendo to make a profit off the system they would have to sell the hardware and 2 games.

Now seeing the specs in the PS4, it's gonna blow it out of the water as far as that goes, which leads me to believe that even if Sony sold it at a loss also it wouldn't go any lower than 550.

It's gonna be a rough Holiday season IMO with all 3 systems trying to convince the average consumer on what system to get.
I won't be getting this on launch, I learned from the mistake of getting PS3 when it first came out, BUT if Final Fantasy does come out launch then I may have to consider it.

The reason the WII-U is selling at a loss is because of the controller. The price for a standalone Wii-U controller is half the price of the console

http://kotaku.com/5942876/the-wii-us-controllers-are-really-expensive

PS3 sold for 599 because of Blu-ray and the cell. Blu-ray is now cheap and they are using x86 architecture so it wont be that expensive. Only thing that sounds expensive to me is the 8GB GDDR5

As for those saying the leap is not big, don't forget we don't know what resolution the games are running at. COD for example runs at sub HD with 600 pixels. If Killzone is running at 1080p then trust me you will see the difference.
Also since Sony recently bumped the RAM from 4GB to 8GB the game probably was made with 4GB GDDR5 in mind. Imagine few years down the line when we see the full potential

I think this is the first, first gen I prob won't be getting.

Don't get me wrong, everything looks really cool, but there are about 15-20 ps3 games that I still really want to play. I don't see myself getting to all of them by this time.

I'll probably wait a year on this one when all the bugs are worked out.

Who knows though there could always be that one game that won't get out of my head until I splurge and buy one.

thats exactly it. had an xbox for a min, and now ps3 has many games that looks mad fun. and at 300 cash i may grab it esp if it has another price drop coming soon..

For anyone who missed the announcement yesterday, here a funny break down on what happen yesterday and its on point
laugh.gif

^ I'm guessing games will stay the same price but more online passes

secondson-16-7fps-290hhp6v.gif

New inFAMOUS looking good and this is all in game footage, not CGI according to Sucker Punch

Last edited:
So I just learned that some of the Deep Down footage was gameplay and the rest was in game video no CGI. My wallet is ready

Going to wait until after Microsoft announces something. This generation I'm just sticking to 1 console....At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Skipped on PS3 after having the 1st 2...

Looking to cop the 4.

Last edited:
I went to E3 and basically viewed the imperfections of the system I know Apple has a systemkoming

I went to E3 and basically viewed the imperfections of the system I know Apple has a systemkoming

What?

E3 isn't for another few months.

What are the imperfections? Since you saw it in person of course.....

And it would be a bad time for another MAJOR company to create a console. The market is already flooded with 3 solid systems.

Back
Top Bottom