The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Is Apex Legends free?

What is the game about?

Yes it's free. It's a battle Royale game with squads of 3 and a total of 60 people in a match. There are classes of "Legends" with different abilities. It's basically an overwatch battle Royale.

Last NFS I played was the 2012 version of Most Wanted, I really enjoyed that game. I went ahead and copped Rivals the following year and it was straight garbage, haven't played a game from the NFS franchise ever since then.

Yes it's free. It's a battle Royale game with squads of 3 and a total of 60 people in a match. There are classes of "Legends" with different abilities. It's basically an overwatch battle Royale.
Yeah, that's what I took the game as. I'm interested in putting some time into it this coming weekend.

Don't want to date myself, but the PC versions of the Road & Track Presents The Need for Speed, NFS II: SE, NFS 4: High Stakes & Porsche 2000 were amazing games. Never cared much for anything that came after.

When I said Apex was an Overwatch BR, that was before I played it. Played a few matches now, and I'm having a blast. Got a couple Ws, and just overall enjoying all the little things about it, from being able to jump out as a squad, to respawning, and pinging.

That ping system is great, should be a new standard for these kinds of games.

Only thing I don't like is inventory management, but I don't know how to improve on that with controllers

Respawning in a BR? I need to play Apex first but as of now, I don’t like the sound of that.

Respawning in a BR? I need to play Apex first but as of now, I don’t like the sound of that.

you get 1 respawn per team. so if you die twice its over. if you and your teammate die then only 1 can get revived...while being revived you lose all your stuff and you gotta find loot again. (theres chest by the respawn area but if your teammates suck they already looted it by the time you landed)

i didnt like the inventory but press start and you can arrange/drop whatever pretty easily.

sometimes i feel like all the map is the same but in the end the fun tops that.

I like the respawn mechanic. If your teammate dies there's a box where they died with their inventory; then you can pick up their "banner". You take the banner to a respawn beacon and a dropship drops them off at the beacon.

you get 1 respawn per team. so if you die twice its over. if you and your teammate die then only 1 can get revived...while being revived you lose all your stuff and you gotta find loot again. (theres chest by the respawn area but if your teammates suck they already looted it by the time you landed)

i didnt like the inventory but press start and you can arrange/drop whatever pretty easily.

sometimes i feel like all the map is the same but in the end the fun tops that.

It's limited to one respawn per team? I could've sworn I picked up two of my boys yesterday after a firefight; they both landed.

I like the respawn mechanic. If your teammate dies there's a box where they died with their inventory; then you can pick up their "banner". You take the banner to a respawn beacon and a dropship drops them off at the beacon.

It's limited to one respawn per team? I could've sworn I picked up two of my boys yesterday after a firefight; they both landed.
I've died and been revived multiple times in a match. Also if two teammates are dead you can revive both at the same time if you have both banners.

I like the respawn mechanic..........since I don't like Battle Royale shooters most of the time anyway lol

You act like it doesn't play 90% of games on the market right now. Yes, Sony has had a better line up of exclusive games this generation, but that doesn't make it suck. It's the the best way to play that 90% of multiplatform games. I don't see how you figure they don't take it seriously as a gaming console when they've jumped through hoops and hurdles to make the most popular games from their past 2 generations run better on the current hardware, with out making you have to buy it again.

The fact that it streams and plays UHDs just makes it a more attractive product and further cements it as THE showcase device for a 4k TV, obviously you are interested in this feature but downplay the others because you don't want to spend the money on it, which is fine... but don't act like it sucks because of that.

Can’t say I disagree with this at all. But... Next generation has me like...

A92693BA-C2AC-4105-92ED-7A8BB90EABA0.gif

Thanks for posting this! My wife & I went to Target a few hours ago, & we totally forgot to look at them, but she didn't mention it at all until long after we were home. I knew I saw something coming up, & recalled it being on here.

Looks like it’ll work with some preorders too.

36D3905A-9C50-47D6-8AD3-19E2054542BF.jpeg

Fellas, need assistance.

My PS4 was working fine and all of a sudden I get a PS4 is too hot message on the screen.

Makes no sense to me since it has more than enough room for air to ventilate.

Then it blinks red and shuts off.

Is there a fix or did my PS4 die on me?

Fellas, need assistance.

My PS4 was working fine and all of a sudden I get a PS4 is too hot message on the screen.

Makes no sense to me since it has more than enough room for air to ventilate.

Then it blinks red and shuts off.

Is there a fix or did my PS4 die on me?

Knock off the top cover and see if the fan is spinning. Might be a good opportunity to dust it out or replace it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom