The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Kinda abandoned spiderman since I’m so busy with RDR2 and KH3.
Looked up the ending of spiderman and I regret it. I was ruined for a good 10 minutes. :smh::lol:
I get so emotionally attached to video game characters, man.....

Was never big on BR style games like Fortnite and PUBG, but Apex got me hooked!

If anyone wants to run squads shoot me a friend request.
PSN: FortyBeforeFive

So my journey is finally over and I’ve beaten both the DLC and main story in Bloodborne, my first SB game. Made sure to fight all optional non-chalice bosses too. Appreciate the support you folks gave me when I was having my doubts. I’m not great with horror/spooky ish. But I went from taking hours with Cleric Beast and Father G and getting decimated in Hypogean Gaol, to beating orphan of kos and gherman each in one try. And then made sure to clap back at Cleric & Father G and bodied both easily on NG+ :lol:

Having 48 vitality and strength in the 40s definitely helped, and unfortunately sometimes made certain fights a little too easy. It let me survive combos from bosses where tbh I should have taken the L. But whatever I’m still going to consider it a personal gaming achievement that I beat and persevered through a game many don’t even touch due to the difficulty.

As for where I rank the game. It’s a fantastic game but it’s also extremely stressful. You don’t know where the hell you’re going and get shook about losing echoes or dying before you find the next shortcut. And it took me until 75% of the way through to start feeling like I was the hunter and not the hunted :lol:. This creates for a lot tension and a test of mental grit, but I think I’d have more pure enjoyment in subsequent playthroughs. Think if I had experience in DS it would have been a smoother ride too. Things like frame rate, graphics, presentation, and camera could have been better, but tbf the game is a few years old. It’s hard for me to rank games that I really like objectively, but I still personally prefer GoW and HZD to it. Got BB over Spidey though. I can see why people have it as their best game on PS4. All the criticisms aside it’s still a work of art that immerses you into a beautiful nightmare with tons and tons of content.

Last edited:
Fellas, need assistance.

My PS4 was working fine and all of a sudden I get a PS4 is too hot message on the screen.

Makes no sense to me since it has more than enough room for air to ventilate.

Then it blinks red and shuts off.

Is there a fix or did my PS4 die on me?
Happened to me about 3 weeks ago.
My fan stopped spinning. Had it replaced, system dusted, and new thermal paste for about $60.

Another thing to note is I’ve seen the game called cheap, even here on NT, but I found that it’s pretty damn fair in the first playthrough. There are moments where you suffer cheap deaths but there have also been times where a difficult enemy got stuck or kept repeating a move that leaves itself open and I got a cheap kill. I’ve also built up a solid tolerance to cheap bs from a decade of playing FIFA :lol:, it’s a part of gaming. I’d prefer it wasn’t but sometimes it works in your favor and others against you.

The cheap deaths are rarities though. Most of the time the game is fair. And by letting you stock a minimum of 20 blood vials, there are times that it’s arguably generous. I always made sure to spend extra echoes on a stash of emergency vials (kept 200-250) in case I ever got stuck on a boss. Knowing I had those and that I can use my vials liberally allowed me to avoid deaths where I was being stingy with them.

Kinda abandoned spiderman since I’m so busy with RDR2 and KH3.
Looked up the ending of spiderman and I regret it. I was ruined for a good 10 minutes. :smh::lol:
I get so emotionally attached to video game characters, man.....

I didn't find infinity war sad because you know the good guys will be back but this ending had me very distraught

Has anyone got the "Blue Light Of Death?" I already did the recommended fix online but it went out on me again. It happened at least 3 times since the New Year...

So my journey is finally over and I’ve beaten both the DLC and main story in Bloodborne, my first SB game. Made sure to fight all optional non-chalice bosses too. Appreciate the support you folks gave me when I was having my doubts. I’m not great with horror/spooky ish. But I went from taking hours with Cleric Beast and Father G and getting decimated in Hypogean Gaol, to beating orphan of kos and gherman each in one try. And then made sure to clap back at Cleric & Father G and bodied both easily on NG+ :lol:

Having 48 vitality and strength in the 40s definitely helped, and unfortunately sometimes made certain fights a little too easy. It let me survive combos from bosses where tbh I should have taken the L. But whatever I’m still going to consider it a personal gaming achievement that I beat and persevered through a game many don’t even touch due to the difficulty.

As for where I rank the game. It’s a fantastic game but it’s also extremely stressful. You don’t know where the hell you’re going and get shook about losing echoes or dying before you find the next shortcut. And it took me until 75% of the way through to start feeling like I was the hunter and not the hunted :lol:. This creates for a lot tension and a test of mental grit, but I think I’d have more pure enjoyment in subsequent playthroughs. Think if I had experience in DS it would have been a smoother ride too. Things like frame rate, graphics, presentation, and camera could have been better, but tbf the game is a few years old. It’s hard for me to rank games that I really like objectively, but I still personally prefer GoW and HZD to it. Got BB over Spidey though. I can see why people have it as their best game on PS4. All the criticisms aside it’s still a work of art that immerses you into a beautiful nightmare with tons and tons of content.
I fully agree tho I liked ds3 a bit better

I’m actually happy the PS classic didn’t sell like that. It showed that gamers aren’t mindless hypebeasts. I was personally never interested in getting one, because I knew PS1 games unfortunately don’t hold up. And even if I didn’t know this, the lineup of games had too many notable exclusions.

Edit: I could be wrong about what it showed though. Possible that Sony got on the wave too late after the NES and SNES. And did a bad job building hype by not having the first run sell out with limited inventory.

Back
Top Bottom