The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

v1gkjyjrbs331.jpg

I honestly think it would be dope if they re made all the early FF games. Would be a huge commitment but it would be a dope way to reintroduce those games to a new generation. And make improvements as well. I’m excited for this remake

Last edited:
The only thing I remember about FF8 is the theme song from Faye Wong :lol:

I was thinking about playing my PS1 classic version of it a couple months ago, but my only options would have been playing on PS3 or PSP :sick:.

Looking forward to the remaster. Hope they don’t **** it up like IX :angry:

So with regards to Avengers the game showed a lot better with live gameplay. The devs said they have heard all the feedback from the past few days and are willing and able to make changes. I fully believe there’s a ton of polish that can be done if they’re not behind right now.

Cinematically the game is very well directed and if you like the whole “playing a movie” type of gameplay I think this is going to be the game for you. Basic gameplay consisted of starting off as one avenger, beating up some random thugs, getting your special moves off, doing a QTE, getting a story cutscene and swapping to the next avenger.

I’d best describe it as Avengers ADD. You’re constantly hopping from avenger to avenger while doing different gameplay scenarios. An example would be starting off as iron man and playing a flying section, swapping to black widow to do a shooting section, and then swapping to the hulk and smashing through obstacles. This would all take place within like 90 second increments.

While the gameplay didn’t look as fluid as Spider-Man or the Arkham games the combat did look serviceable. You were able to toss enemies around and into the environment and the super heroes did look quite powerful. The special moves really shined and look on par with “final smash” level attacks from SSB.

The game sounded great in terms of music and effects but the voice over from both npc’s and other characters seems like it could use another pass.

I can understand the early knocks about the character models and other assets not looking up to par. In gameplay static models looked a bit undercooked but the particle effects were on point. All cinematics looked really great. It was a bit jarring to go from traditional cinematics back to regular gameplay because of the quality drop in animations and visuals even though they look to be done in engine.

They did talk a lot about multiplayer at the end but really didn’t say what it would entail. They made it sound like you would be able to co-op story mode somehow but didn’t really provide details. Overall, it didn’t show bad and there’s promise that with a good story and some minor tweaks that it will end up being really fun. I’m not sure if it will be Spider-Man level but it’s certainly not a total disaster.

Last edited:
So with regards to Avengers the game showed a lot better with live gameplay. The devs said they have heard all the feedback from the past few days and are willing and able to make changes. I fully believe there’s a ton of polish that can be done if they’re not behind right now.

Cinematically the game is very well directed and if you like the whole “playing a movie” type of gameplay I think this is going to be the game for you. Basic gameplay consisted of starting off as one avenger, beating up some random thugs, getting your special moves off, doing a QTE, getting a story cutscene and swapping to the next avenger.

I’d best describe it as Avengers ADD. You’re constantly hopping from avenger to avenger while doing different gameplay scenarios. An example would be starting off as iron man and playing a flying section, swapping to black widow to do a shooting section, and then swapping to the hulk and smashing through obstacles. This would all take place within like 90 second increments.

While the gameplay didn’t look as fluid as Spider-Man or the Arkham games the combat did look serviceable. You were able to toss enemies around and into the environment and the super heroes did look quite powerful. The special moves really shined and look on par with “final smash” level attacks from SSB.

The game sounded great in terms of music and effects but the voice over from both npc’s and other characters seems like it could use another pass.

I can understand the early knocks about the character models and other assets not looking up to par. In gameplay static models looked a bit undercooked but the particle effects were on point. All cinematics looked really great. It was a bit jarring to go from traditional cinematics back to regular gameplay because of the quality drop in animations and visuals even though they look to be done in engine.

They did talk a lot about multiplayer at the end but really didn’t say what it would entail. They made it sound like you would be able to co-op story mode somehow but didn’t really provide details. Overall, it didn’t show bad and there’s promise that with a good story and some minor tweaks that it will end up being really fun. I’m not sure if it will be Spider-Man level but it’s certainly not a total disaster.

I'm down for this.

I just got the verification code text for 2FA on my psn but it wasn't me. Is there anything I need to do?

FF7 really is the game of the show.
Watched the Square Enix stream and it got me so hyped.
Officially on media blackout now.
It's weird being on media blackout for 1 part lol but still.

Avengers didn't look too bad to me but in my mind, I was comparing it to the MCU even though I shouldn't have but couldn't help it.

I'm sure the final product will be good and good to hear they're taking the design seriously.

I just got the verification code text for 2FA on my psn but it wasn't me. Is there anything I need to do?

That's 2FA doing it's job.
Someone got a hold of your password. Change it immediately and if you used that same password on another site, change those too because they probably got it from another website that's been hacked.

I thought dressspheres were pretty easy. There were a few that were ridiculously OP :lol:

Junctioning is pretty fun when you start getting the stronger magics. I hated dresspheres, but maybe because I was like 15 last time I played. I should boot up X-2.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I never liked the Dark Crystal as a kid. However this tactics game looks interesting.

Avengers didn't look too bad to me but in my mind, I was comparing it to the MCU even though I shouldn't have but couldn't help it.
Exactly... that's the thing. I get that it won't be like the MCU in terms of the actors, but with the similar feel and their outfits, I can't help but have my mind drawn to the movies.

I wish they'd just give us the entire remake and not split it into parts.
i'm trying to power level and demolish.
I want to 100% the game for the 234234 time.

I didn't get a chance to see the E3 coverage but did they mention anything about optional/new bosses, new weapons/armor/accessories, towns...any end game stuff?
new game plus? easter eggs?

Back
Top Bottom