The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Even with my backlog, I’m ready for that jump. I always get excited for new consoles. I feel like you don’t really appreciate new hardware until you go back and play last gen hardware.
If I didn’t have so many games I think I’d be more excited personally. I used to be get excited for new consoles but this current gen kinda rubbed me the wrong way. There wasn’t much to play that justified getting a new console day 1 so I’m hoping it will be different for the PS5

They shouldnt be. getting empty lobbies?

everyone’s getting booted from online sessions. I just figured out as long as I’m in one I started by myself I can join request missions but multi person online sessions seem to be glitching.

Probably. One of the reasons I don't play FF XIV is because there are just too many commands for only 4 face buttons. I told my brother I'd build a PC and play with him then....that was like 3 years ago :lol:
Badreligion said what I was going to say but with more info. I didn't know it got up to a point where PS4 players couldn't keep up but it makes sense. But yea like you, I'm thinking paddles could mean extra buttons for commands and stuff but I've never played the game so not sure if it would work.

I see it more of a preference for shooter games for "console players," since PC players have a plethora of control options w/ keyboard & mouse in their shooter games
Yea, got me thinking that for Sony to put paddles as standard, they will need to come up with more use cases than just shooters.

I must be the only person here who has next to 0 interest in the PS5 (besides maybe Jetpac lol) I have more than enough to keep me busy till there are a good chunk of games to play on thereb

Honestly IMO, the SSD upgrade alone will be worth it. PS4 games won't be able to take full advantage of it compared to PS5 games built from the ground up but still, you'll get this:

Having a faster UI and better OS on top is always a plus and if there's a boost mode like on the PS4 pro then expect better framerate and overall performance for PS4 games.

If your backlog is huge and you get a good deal on the PS5 then it's probably going to be worth it even if you don't buy any PS5 games for a long time.

ehh, I don't think Rockstar would want to pass up that massive install base...
Fall 2020 release before PS5 to get that double dip again. It's a good strategy. Sony did it also with TLOU did and TLOU2 is going to do it too.

I wonder if GTA6 is even more ambitious so needs more time or more than current gen consoles can handle.

Rockstar knows their game will print money regardless since GTA doesn't follow rules when it comes to sales. It sold the most so far in the UK this year, 6 years after release and has sold over 110 million already worldwide.

Also if next gen consoles are expensive, then a GTA6 would be a good injection for sales so it won't surprise me if Sony and MS want GTA6 only on next gen but I dunno how much of a say they have.

They can keep GTA6 if it's going to be anything like GTA5 (which it will be). GTA Online has basically taken over.

I played FFXIV for several months on PS3/4. I played with 2 friends who played on PC. Apparently SE did an very good job integrating controllers into the MMO landscape.

That said, once you got into end-game content certain classes just couldn't keep up with PC players. However, at the time I think tanks and DPS console players were neck and neck with PC players (other than some of the crazier macros).

I really enjoyed that game. However, it was worse than Destiny 2 for me in terms of taking over my gaming schedule.
I want to dive deep into it. I beat the main quest and just stopped. I have Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers to play. I enjoyed it but I just wasn't fond of the PS4 controller. I believe I was using a Bard and I just felt like I was late with attacks and things of that nature. I have a mouse and keyboard and may give it a go once I get home and get through some more of this backlog. I think next year will be a good time for me to get back into it. Aside from, TLOU2 and FF7, I don't plan on buying anymore current gen games, even on deep sales.

People will buy a new system to play gta.

and if they don’t they’ll still play GTA 5 Online.

it’ll be next gen only, pretty sure.

everyone’s getting booted from online sessions. I just figured out as long as I’m in one I started by myself I can join request missions but multi person online sessions seem to be glitching.
Might have something to do with the update coming later today.

Could be an unpopular opinion but I think they ought to take GTA out of the US - go global and reduce the overall scope of the open world. Tired of seeing the same NYC, Miami and LA cities as individual games.

They dabbled with this briefly with an expansion pack to the original GTA called London 1969 and there might've been a mission in GTA 3 which had you 'flying' to a different city (been so many years so I can't remember too well).

Hopefully the update fixes things. Can't wait for the layered armors! Mixed Sets look ugly af.

i'm ok with gta doing nyc or la again tbh.
first off they did a barren version of both nyc and la. i'd like a redo with an accurate portrayal of the population of either city.

but I would like them to do Tokyo and London (modern).

Do it in Canada, but there are no crimes committed and you follow the correct rules of the road.
^^You just want a different game then.
i'm ok with gta doing nyc or la again tbh.
first off they did a barren version of both nyc and la. i'd like a redo with an accurate portrayal of the population of either city.

but I would like them to do Tokyo and London (modern).

Bad Religion Bad Religion There's cats in Toronto being shot daily and we got an 'ish tonne of bad drivers. I think it would be a legitimate challenge to stay clear of them as you evade the police. :lol: :lol: :lol:

swendro swendro No just a different setting and an 'open world' that's more organic as a result of the limited scope.

debso debso London and Tokyo would be perfect, the overall architecture and roads are much more narrower so it would lend itself to a tighter experience.

GTA is like comfort food to me. It’s a game I always come back to whether there’s a new update, a new glitch to try out or I just want to cruise around in the world. It’s the only game on my PS4 I’ve never uninstalled. I’m ok with them focusing on online and not adding story dlc. I’m way more attached to my online character than the story ones and the story is long enough as it is. Hell, there’s people crying for story dlc that didn’t even finish the story let alone the stranger and side missions (same with Red Dead). They do however need to update the gameplay. Small things like tapping X/A to sprint and our online characters not having a voice seem super outdated to me. The way we interact with the world needs to change too. I like the way it works with Red Dead (holding R2 and bringing up an interaction menu as opposed to relying on a finicky hotbox and pressing left on the d pad to do something as trivial as sit down or use an elevator. I also hope they connect the worlds of GTA 5 and 6 so we can travel between the 2 letting us keep our characters, properties, rank etc. I feel like they might do this since Red Dead online contains the map of the first game but we’ll see

I wonder if they'll keep the multiple character for single player thing they introduced. would be nice.
also if they did do japan i'd like to see a map of Tokyo, maybe Osaka and definitely Okinawa. I think it could work.

think about the trouble you could get into plus the scenery plus music. and the cars.

I wonder if they'll keep the multiple character for single player thing they introduced. would be nice.
also if they did do japan i'd like to see a map of Tokyo, maybe Osaka and definitely Okinawa. I think it could work.

think about the trouble you could get into plus the scenery plus music. and the cars.

Agreed my man!

Bad Religion Bad Religion There's cats in Toronto being shot daily and we got an 'ish tonne of bad drivers. I think it would be a legitimate challenge to stay clear of them as you evade the police. :lol: :lol: :lol:

swendro swendro No just a different setting and an 'open world' that's more organic as a result of the limited scope.

debso debso London and Tokyo would be perfect, the overall architecture and roads are much more narrower so it would lend itself to a tighter experience.

"Limited/ reduced scope" is not a phrase that will ever be used to describe a GTA.

R* has the $ and manpower to make things more organic while still going big.

@hybridsoldier23

Now that we know it will release holiday 2020, when do you think stores will take pre-orders?

Sony is following the same blue print they did with the PS4 release. Expect a event in mid to late Feb with more tech specs.

E3 2020 Sony will be there and will reveal console design, DS5 design & improvements, price point, exact release date, and pre orders will begin at the usual retailers.

It would dope and everyone would lose their minds if Blupoint games big project is a PS2 era GTA III, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Andreas remastered collection.

Followed by GTA 6 having all their worlds: Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas, Las Venturras, San Fierro, North Yankton, Carcer City all in GTA 6 and the rumored South America parts.

I never expected a new GTA on the PS4... we'll definitely get one on the PS5 though

R* and Naughty Dog are basically at the point where they only release 1 major game at the end of each console gen.

They wait for the console install base to build up to get max sales and then wait for the new consoles to drop and release a remastered edition to double up on sales.Cdprojexkt Red falls into this same dev rep also.

Back
Top Bottom