The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

course it will be very hard because your character will be very unexperienced and at first they will handle certain weapons with struggle, it will get better the more they use them.

I got mentioned something about ray tracing being used to eliminate clipping of the various clothes on the character's bodies, but I don't know anything other than it may be a thing on the next gen versions of the game.

Available at launch, but after the current gen versions.

-Gran Turismo 7 will be announced featuring full VR and RT support, native 4k and 60 fps. It will be a technical showcase for the console. Available at launch.

It features a single player carreer like the old GT games and a multiplayer mode similar to the sport mode in GT sport. The partnership with the FIA continues and the one with Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes becomes even stronger (Lewis and the Mercedes brand are on the cover of the game and a big part of the single player carreer).

-New R&C game announced from Insomniac. Full RT support and sequel to the remake, but part of a new trilogy. Semi-open world with pilotable ships. It looks even more like a Pixar movie, this time on a way bigger scale. Available in 2021

-Capcom will show a demo of their updated RE engine and announce Dragon's Dogma 2 exclusively on the PS5. Deep Down was not all to waste and Capcom wisely decided to build upon it and create this new DD. It's a really impressive game technically. Full open world with fights and monsters similar to a Monster Hunter game. It will run at 60 fps on PS5.

It's unclear if the exclusivity deal has a limit or not. I'm willing to bet it will come out on Xbox Series X/S after a while

-Shuhei Yoshida will showcase lots of indies coming to PS4 and PS5 as part of the new "PS❤Indies" intiative at SIE. Games such as: Sky:children of the light, Inaka project, a new game from Jonathan Blow, Lost Soul aside and the new game from Ken Levine studio (not really an indie, but it will still be present in this short segment).

-TLOU: Factions will be revealed, coming to PS4, PS5 and PC these holidays. It is a multiplayer only title made to replace the "Factions" mode of the original TLOU. It features an open world similar to games like DayZ, but with the love and care that you can expect expect from a team like ND.

It will feature: different seasons like Forza Horizon 4 (each will come with its pros and cons), clan support, a battle pass, a fully destructible map, lots of depth for roleplay (players will be able to cover various roles in their games: doctors, bounty hunters, traders, mercenaries for the various groups of players, soldiers ecc.), the players will be able to build camps and even "addomesticate" clickers and runners. 4k/60 with RT audio on PS5 and 1080 30 on PS4/pro. Cross play is being experimented (the difference in framerate may be an issue).

-Sony reveals a new team based in San Diego and their new game, Uncharted. A sequel to U4, but with different characters and a few cameos from the old games. Just a teaser will be shown featuring exotic locations from all around the world and glimpses at veichles both aerial and terrestrial. No release date given.

-Activision announces Crash Bandicoot:worlds on PS4 and PS5 for then end of the year (think Mario galaxy, but with Crash Bandiccot) and confirms that COD will be back at the end of the year on PS5 and in partnership with PS once again.

-Square Enix shows an impressive tech demo of a new version of the luminous engine featuring RT shadows, reflections and lighting along with 4k textures and realistic facial animations. Very reminiscent of the aestethic you can find in a FF game, but no real announcement is made (for now).

-Guerilla announces Killzone: Breach. A mp only title for PS5 and PC. The influence from games like R6 can be seen a lot during the trailer. Full destructible enviroment and a "War" mode that features up to 80 players in a fully destructible arena (Remember that first Crackdown 3 demo?). Available at launch.

-Mark Cerny announces full backwards compatibility with PS4/3/2/1/VR and that PS Vita and PSP are in the works. The PS4/2/1 whole lineup will be fully compatible from launch. As for PS3 games, they will be made compatible regularly by Sony in a way similar to how Xbox already does it on Xbox One with 360 games. All the games will receive technical enhancments like 4k resolution, better AA and 60 fps. Demos for TLOU 2, RDR1, Jak 2 and the original GT are shown briefly.

-Last announcement will be a small teaser with in-game graphics of Horizon 2. The teaser shows an older Aloy meditating on the top of a Mountain before being attacked by a huge machine and hijacking a thunderbird in order to ride it and fly around the huge machine to fight it. 2021

-Please note that all games that I've listed are exclusive to the PS5 unless I've said otherwise.

-Don't expect any PSVR2 news. VR will be mentioned as you can see, but it is still a bit early for PSVR2.”

Again take all of this with a grain of salt

Let's see if he's right

-Gran Turismo 7 will be announced featuring full VR and RT support, native 4k and 60 fps. It will be a technical showcase for the console. Available at launch.

It features a single player carreer like the old GT games and a multiplayer mode similar to the sport mode in GT sport. The partnership with the FIA continues and the one with Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes becomes even stronger (Lewis and the Mercedes brand are on the cover of the game and a big part of the single player carreer).

Awesome if true. I think it would also be GT's first time as a PS launch title.

From reddit:

zporl6j90tb41.jpg

So rumor of XSeX coming in at 10 tera flops makes sense why the higher end model will be $599

Let's assume those specs are legit, what does it mean? I'm not tech savy.

Can you tell me what it would do that no current gen console can't?

Beat ratchet and clank. Really enjoyed it.

hopefully they make a sequel. Grew up on this series along with Jax and daxter and sly cooper

ALL OF THIS
if you thought you were getting your *** whooped in DBFZ wait til MVC2 comes back on the scene
I wasnt though
but if u wanna keep up with that theory go ahead
u remember i recorded those matches right
still on my youttube page
i can easily post em

The console
1 extra joypad
3TB cartridge
Demon's Souls physical
Gran Turismo 7 physical

All copped day 1, if those rumors are accurate.
And the specs sound impressive, but then again specs for new consoles always sound impressive when they're about to launch.
All I hope for is that with all that power the damn thing won't sound like an airport inside my living room when it's running. Please make noise reduction a high priority this time Sony, unlike with the launch of the PS4 Pro, where zero dambs were given.

What's yall expectations graphics wise? Do you think it'll be a big difference from the Pro?

Honestly, if the graphics didn't look any better than Red Dead 2 looks on the Pro, I wouldn't be bothered.
It's not the graphics that need to improve that much. It's the performance. 30fps needs to die out and be a part of history with the release of PS5. And if not, then every game should have a resolution vs performance option.

So much wishful thinking in that Reddit post.

I also find it hard to believe Sony would unleash PS5 onto the world by showing a remastered title by Bluepoint games as its initial introduction. Not impossible, but improbable.

A new version of Luminous Engine? :lol: Again, I find that super hard to believe.

A part of me wants to write off all those rumors as baseless speculation.

But another part me wants to believe it's true, for no other reason than I can't even imagine the level of psychosis necessary to spend that much time and effort coming up with such specific fabrications.

I also find it hard to believe Sony would unleash PS5 onto the world by showing a remastered title by Bluepoint games as its initial introduction. Not impossible, but improbable.

This has been practically confirmed. A guy from Bluepoint said that they're working on a launch title remaster for the PS5. We just don't know what game that is a remaster of, but common sense points to Demon's Souls.

I don't deny it's existence; my hesitation is that Sony would introduce PS5 to the world with a remaster from a 3rd party studio. Why would they use it as the first game at their event?

"-First game announced for the PS5 will be from Bluepoint, Demon's Souls. "

You would think it would be a first party game.

However, maybe they will introduce Bluepoint as the rumored "newly acquired studio", which would resolve that issue.

Soulsborne games have struggled to run on the PS4. Bloodborne couldn't even run at a solid 30 and it took forever to load. It would be a powerful statement if this Demon Soul's remaster looked good and could run at 4K/60 on the PS5 with short loading times. Then people would have a clear point of reference between the PS4 and PS5 in comparing how a Soulsborne game looked and performed on a PS4 vs PS5.

Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP.

It's gonna be a ray tracing showpiece. Armor and weapons are gonna be nice and shiny.

Also consider that Knack was the first ps4 game shown, so DS would be a step up.

Last edited:
In computer graphics, ray tracing is a rendering technique for generating an image by tracing the path of light as pixels in an image plane and simulating the effects of its encounters with virtual objects.

The mindflayer is gonna look so good (god willing this is actually a thing)
mind-flayer-large.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom