The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Yeah but on the other hand, developers have to scale back their games even more because of base model consoles. The jump from PS3 to PS4 really wasn't the noticeable to me. I would love to see a huge upgrade this go around. I mean they could just release only a PS5 "Pro" but then people would complain it costs too much. A lot of people are already expecting PS5 to repeat what PS4 did and drop with a $399 price tag. Imagine if they dropped a "Pro" only SKU at $599.

I see both sides but I personally want the best console from the start.

PS3 to PS4 wasn't noticeable right off the bat because of the excessive remastering. I think it was only around '16-'17 when games actually developed for the PS4 hardware started dropping. We're going to see the same issue on the PS5 as there'll be excessive remastering immediately with 'complete' editions featuring 4K/60fps visuals.

There's a slippery slope dropping a Pro model right away as you're essentially telling your consumers that they aren't quite getting the 'best' experience. Different story if SONY opts to have the 'base' be digital only with the 'Pro' having an optical disc drive.

Any of you guys get the new ghost recon? It’s different but fun. Sorta sucks no computer ai as a teammate. Solo or team up with people online.

PS3 to PS4 wasn't noticeable right off the bat because of the excessive remastering. I think it was only around '16-'17 when games actually developed for the PS4 hardware started dropping. We're going to see the same issue on the PS5 as there'll be excessive remastering immediately with 'complete' editions featuring 4K/60fps visuals.

There's a slippery slope dropping a Pro model right away as you're essentially telling your consumers that they aren't quite getting the 'best' experience. Different story if SONY opts to have the 'base' be digital only with the 'Pro' having an optical disc drive.
Please don't give $ONY any ideas.

playing last of us for the first time (remastered version)

game is amazing and the fact that this game is 6 years old and im still loving every second of it proves it.

really reminds me of god of war 4 with the whole father son/daughter vibes.

cant wait for last of us 2.

I want PS5 nooowwwwww.

maxresdefault.jpg

Please don't give $ONY any ideas.

Lol my G GTA 809 GTA 809 you know those SONY boys been thinking about this for well over a decade. You see the emphasis on digital only while 'disc' games have day 1 mandatory downloads - not even the odd patch after a few months. :smh::smh::smh:

I get a mid-life hardware refresh but launching 'Pro' models right off the bat is extremely whack.

I'd say next gen will be the last gen with physical copies. Ya'll better get ready :lol:

I'd say next gen will be the last gen with physical copies. Ya'll better get ready :lol:
i can't remember the last time i bought a physical game in years. i don't have time to get up and change games. plus the day one updates are as big as the game.

Man, I miss the days of a good manual. When I was a kid, I would take them to school, and draw stuff from the artwork inside the booklet.

Manuals back in the day were like mini art books, some of them had really cool concept art. Good times.

I guess the original post was deleted because i don’t see it anymore but what was the discount code for Newegg for the psn subscription? TIA

Still not and will NEVER be a fan of PS Now streaming game service Sony is trying to push & sell.

Most of the games like: GTA V, God Of War and other popular games you can find for $19 or even cheaper.

Sony should expand and offer a tier system to PS+ subscribers where PS Now is included with PS+
$14.99 a month just like Game Pass but not yet for a single price. I think they're on the right track and it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually become bundled.

Back
Top Bottom