The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

No, but from what I heard the PC port was not good.

Of the 3 (XIII, XIII-2, and Lightning Returns), XIII-2 is actually good.

Just give me Lightning Returns on PSNow so that I can beat and plat it. I dread hooking my PS3 up just for that game. I don't even think I have a DualShock 3 (I know you can use a DS4) :lol:

This is correct. Out of the three games. XIII-2 was actually my favorite. And it has the only FF boss I could never beat. Damn you Gilgamesh... :lol:

I just hope that the PS5 versions (or enhancement patches) of games like Cyberpunk, Dying Light 2, Elden Ring etc. are available at launch.

This was brought up on Sacred Symbols, but I am sad that Sony never did anything with that PSOne trophy patent they filed a few years back.

From RE
- Official name is PlayStation 5
- Ray tracing support is hardware based
- New SSD will help boot times, loading times and streaming
- Controller has now adaptive triggers, haptic feedback, new speakers, USB Type-C
- PlayStation 5 devkit is real and that developers already have access to both the devkit and the new controller
- better DS5 battery
- heavier than DualShock 4, but lighter than a XBO controller with batteries in it
- haptic feedback could have been included in the PS4 Pro but they decided against it
- Wired also seems to speculate that game installs will be more modular and that you can choose which parts to install/uninstall (SP/MP/both) They also mention a "completey revamped user interface" that allows you to join multiplayer activities instantly from the OS for example

While a number of studios already had their PS5 devkits, the controller prototypes began rolling out much more recently, and no one is ready to name specific titles they're developing for the PS5. "We're working on a big one right now," says Marco Thrush, president of Bluepoint Games, which most recently worked on last year's PS4 remake of Shadow of the Colossus. "I'll let you figure out the rest."

That doesn't mean they're not exploring. "The SSD has me really excited," Thrush says. "You don't need to do gameplay hacks anymore to artificially slow players down—lock them behind doors, anything like that. Back in the cartridge days, games used to load instantly; we're kind of going back to what consoles used to be."

Great to see confirmation of hardware based Ray Tracing
DS5 sounding real premium. Big upgrades and also good to hear that the lightbar and touch pad are staying. (PSVR 2 better not use light tracking though)
Modular game installs sound great. That being a standard going forwards is great.

Bluepoint working on something big I see. Sony should really buy them. They have such a good track record. Excited to see what that is.

With the SSD tech, I really feel like next gen will be massive in setting new standards. can't wait

I wonder if the rumor of it being 2 different versions of the PS5 is true? A base and pro version?
That was the Xbox and I think they scrapped the idea.
PS5 though was always rumored to be one version.

PS5:

HCJ9lfa.gif

I didn’t see the light bar staying, they could have kept that. It does nothing useful imo, just drains the battery. DS5 going have better battery but probably still die quick with light plus all new tech.
DS3 was GOAT status when it came to the battery :smokin

I'm also thinking of waiting too.

Square will definitely use all the tech PS5 has to offer and probably do a mega collection at one point as well.
I'm hoping 25th anniversary style :lol:

1570566640290.png

I can also see them going FFXV on this and making gameplay tweaks as well along the way

1570566245654.png

However can I resist this and not playing it when it's coming so soon.
Decisions, decisions.

I didn’t see the light bar staying, they could have kept that. It does nothing useful imo, just drains the battery. DS5 going have better battery but probably still die quick with light plus all new tech.
DS3 was GOAT status when it came to the battery :smokin
Lightbar is needed in PSVR games for tracking and is most likely staying for PSVR compatibility.
Also used for local multiplayer games as well to know who's playing who.

They still need to have the option to turn it completely off and only come on when needed.

Last edited:

I beat XIII-2... it was solid. XIII (part 1) was so damn linear. I didn't play Lightning's Return because I was waiting on the remaster (or whatever) for the PS4. Looks like I won't be finishing the series.

I think you'll see a way to play them again. I feel we are on the precipice of companies like SE, Capcom, Konami, ect releasing definitive versions of their games digitally via subscription models.

I just hope that the PS5 versions (or enhancement patches) of games like Cyberpunk, Dying Light 2, Elden Ring etc. are available at launch.

There was a PS5 game release list and 'remasters' of all those joints were day one. :lol::lol::lol:

Damn controllers going to cost more than the consoles if they keep adding all these gimmicks to 'em. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Damn controllers going to cost more than the consoles if they keep adding all these gimmicks to 'em. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Sony trying to "out-Nintendo" Nintendo on these controllers now LOL

"HD Rumble? PFFT...........we got HAPTIC FEEDBACK, *****" :lol:

I wonder how Nintendo will follow up on the next generation of the Switch (or w/e the next gen Nintendo console is, heh)

There was a PS5 game release list and 'remasters' of all those joints were day one. :lol::lol::lol:
Not sure I know what you mean. Did you mean PS4 or is there some sort of leaked prediction list of PS5 games :nerd:

Either way, I don’t think we will see many remasters. I think we’ll basically get straight ports (think AC Black Flag, PS3 & PS4 versions) or enhancement patches similiar to what Xbox One X does for it’s current games plus older 360 & OG Xbox games.

I got an XS Max, I don’t feel anything other than standard vibration :lol:

You have to have haptic feedback turned on in your settings but an example would be 3D touch.

If you think of the standard vibration as one repeating sensation at the same interval and same intensity, haptic feedback is usually 1 - 4 sensations and can be at varying intervals and varying intensity.

My favorite is the silence ringer haptic, haptic feedback in general really doesn't help my adhd obession with tactile sensations. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom