The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Anyone else never buy consoles on release date?

Usually no games and the release date consoles have issues sometimes.

Could be an unpopular opinion but I think they ought to take GTA out of the US - go global and reduce the overall scope of the open world. Tired of seeing the same NYC, Miami and LA cities as individual games.

They dabbled with this briefly with an expansion pack to the original GTA called London 1969 and there might've been a mission in GTA 3 which had you 'flying' to a different city (been so many years so I can't remember too well).
take it to Columbia, Cuba, Jamaica (top boy), or mexico

Anyone else never buy consoles on release date?

Usually no games and the release date consoles have issues sometimes.
Wii (my brother's) and PS4 are the only consoles I had on release date.

PS4 sucked for me only cause that was my introduction to mandatory install/downloads. I came back from the midnight release and didn't even play cause PSN was jacked and then the game (Killzone) took forever to download.

That said,

PS5 Day One for me :lol:

XMB is the GOAT UI. Really simple to use and really organized. Sony should bring it back, IMO.

I don't think I've ever bought on release date. I've got plenty of games on the backlog, so no need for me to rush and get the new system and add some more. Usually new systems got like 1 game that interest me on release so I'll let them build some up and get on discount.

I need the PS5 day 1. Had the ps2, ps3 and ps4 all day 1.

Right now I'm just waiting on TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima.

Death Stranding had my interest but I'll see how that goes.

PS5 is a Day one for me
I usually buy day 1 and ride out a console generation until it's completely dead(PS3) then jump on the current gen when it's close to ending(PS4) and cheap. and now with PS5 I'm gonna ride it out till it's dead again.

I really just need the system if its backwards compatible. I've only had the PS4 for a year. Still a ton of games I need to play

I've had every Sony console day one since PS2. I had N64 day one as well, but that was the only console I was gifted and didnt pay for with my own money.

PS5 should be a day one for me, however I am in no rush to pre-order until I hear more details.

I’ll try and pre-order at Best Buy to avoid the risk of it getting “lost” in the mail but I won’t do the midnight release ever again. I’ll happily pick it up after work or in the morning when I wake up.

I agree. Servers were down when PS4 dropped. I ended up going to sleep and finally logging-in in the morning anyway.

We pretty much know of certain games that will be there for launch. Assassin’s Creed Vikings (not the real name), Call of Duty BLOPS 5 (rumored), Madden, FIFA, 2K etc.

I know I’ll cop Assassin’s Creed solely based off of Origins and Odyssey. Give me a multiplayer game and I’ll be cool with that. No way I obtain a backlog anywhere near what I have now.

Ya same here... ps5 is day one cop since its tradition lol... got the ps2, ps3, ps4 all on release day...and I was only one but I copped the vita on release day as well at midnight lmao...its exciting to cop on day one... for games I tend to not cop on release day since its half price a couple months later usually on black Friday... I make the exception though on release date for the consoles cuz I need games to play and for certain games like gta or red dead... one thing I hope changes on the ps5 but I doubt it is the mandatory install that’s on the ps4... I don’t remember it being like that for the ps3 but I could be wrong... it just seems like a drag and it makes me not want to play the game anymore smh

5CA80CC1-135A-4A3D-B612-EA66F7DC0C84.jpeg

no chance i day 1 purchase a ps5. I can't even justify buying games as soon as they release because the price drop on most is imminent. There would have to be killer titles for ps5 on launch and they would have to stop making all ps4 games at the release for me to be a day 1 buyer :lol:

Gamestop has the new colors in now.

Everywhere else seems to be getting them in a few days.

"Limited/ reduced scope" is not a phrase that will ever be used to describe a GTA.

R* has the $ and manpower to make things more organic while still going big.

I thought the 'scope' and 'open world' in GTA 3 and GTA 3: Vice City were just about right. Sadly with the money coming in from GTA 5: Online they will stick with what works best for them.

Back
Top Bottom