The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I just finished Red Dead Redemption II. I'll give it a solid 9/10. I put it down back in November because it felt too slow and I was into Blackout on BLOPS4. I also had came back from Korea and was focused on closing on my home and spending time with the family. Chapter 4 is where I feel the game picks up and really gets going. It gets a 9 instead of a 10 from me because those sluggish controls feel awful to and even worse because it's 2019 and Rockstar is still releasing their games with said controls and also
I feel like the game could have ended at the end of Chapter 6 with Arthur dying. That Epilogue was entirely too long and could have easily been left out. Minus the last few missions where you propose and go and get Micah, I felt the epilogue added nothing to the game. Uncharted 4 still has the best epilogue imo.

Fully agreed on the controls, picking up items in the game is annoying.

Epilogue is just fan service for people who loved the first game, so I loved it. Uncharted 4 epilogue is dope as well

I bought my PS4 used last year for $90 from a guy who just had a newborn so he just didn't use it. it's the UC4 blue console
still going strong today and I've been playing nothing but the heavy hitters RDR2,GOW ,SM, HZD, TW3 etc.

thing gets used constantly since i put my wife on to HZD, and I'm now in the replay/NG+ phase as I holdout for all the heavy hitter game remasters for the PS5
TLOU2, GOT, CP2077

Thing is crazy quiet, but I clean it out once a month, as in fully tear it down and put it back together. I like doing ish like that, did it with my PS3
Playing with the idea of getting a Pro, but I gotta put my hustler hat on again, because I'm not paying over $150 for it

Fully agreed on the controls, picking up items in the game is annoying.

Epilogue is just fan service for people who loved the first game, so I loved it. Uncharted 4 epilogue is dope as well
I'm not sure about the story mode but I know that in online a lot of the animations have been sped up so they done feel as clunky anymore. With the edition of the roles online is actually pretty dope now

Everyone once in a while I get the urge to fire up red dead and fart around.

Then the controls and mechanics feel so off that I just set a waypoint on the map and auto ride the horse on cinematic cam while I look at my phone.

Wish there was a legit photo mode. That’s really what I want to do.

Last edited:
When is the PS5 coming out?

My original PS4 is complete trash.

Slow downloads, controllers always need to be reset, every time I want to play there’s a new download, laggy.

Your launch console is near 7 years old. Seriously what you expect or you expect it to not be be sluggish at this point ?

giphy.gif

Quit being a broke boi.

Holiday 2020.

And yeah my PS4 Pro is starting to struggle a little with the newer games I couldn’t imagine the base model.

Base model checking in.

I usually play games to unwind and relax, but end up more frustrated than when I started.

A lot of newer PS4 games just don't run well in general. Digital Foundry has some videos showing frame rate dips, etc...

I wonder if I'll fill up my 5 TB hard drive by the time the PS5 drops.....

Really? I felt like there was some recoil for sure.

You been playing too much Destiny :lol:. Now those guns feel :pimp:

I have been playing too much Destiny. :lol:

I was getting kills and being killed from 75 feet away with SMG's. You throw a grip on the M4 and you have laser gun.

It was definitely fun, though. I won't be buying it, but maybe I can convince the guy I game share with to buy it. :lol:

I might cop if my bro and bro-in-law cop and actually play it. I don't necessarily need it nor do I have to have it but it'll be fun squading up with them. If not, I'll stick to Division 2, Borderlands 3 and my loner single player games.

Back
Top Bottom