The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Not surprised hearing the rumors of PS5 might have issues for 3rd party devs hitting 4K 60 FPS or optimizing games for it compared to XSX. I mean come on Microsoft and XSX has been catching a lot of bad press recently and that competition is relying on the usual 3rd party devs which ties into them pouring money and having strong relationships with those 3rd party devs and Gamepass

Or as one might put it

No more Phil true 4K :lol:

Master Zik Master Zik

Which enemies are in the Miles Morales storylines?
Mostly alt versions of Spider-Man villains.

They're probably just gonna snatch up Marvel villains and make it more personal for Miles.

S6
Green Goblin (or a GG that looks different than the movie one, more like the one in Spideyverse)
Kingpin
The Prowler (different version that is his uncle)
Venom
Mysterio (different version)
Kangaroo
Spot
Electro (female)

So what’s up with these leaks saying that the PS5 can’t run 4K?
Has to be boredom at this point. I blame us not knowing price and release date :lol:

I like how the PS conference had everything running on PS5 including gameplay after they showed GTA5 but Sony's the one in trouble apparently.

Games like FIFA were native 4K on PS4 pro so how would those devs be struggling on the PS5.

Digital Foundry did Pixel counts on games in the reveal event and confirmed many of them are native 4K.

1597420726558.png

1597420753797.png

1597420793327.png

1597420825929.png

I would also expect less native 4K games as checkerboard rendering gets better. It worked well with Horizon, GOW, Spider-Man on PS4 pro.
If Spider-Man's 4K/60 mode is 1440p or 1800p checkerboarded to 4k then I'll take it.

The UE5 demo was running at 1440p while still showing all that next gen goodness.
While I'm definitely up for 4K, it was more of a selling point for the mid-gen consoles.

Native 4K or checkerboarding, just give me some of that next gen stuff like ray tracing, better HDR, no load times, no pop in, long draw distance etc.

Last edited:
I am just going to have to see more PS5 games in actual play. Seems like I don’t understand most of the technicalities and maybe what they are focusing on the most is better than what I have been expecting (everything at 4K and 60).

If I read it correctly, Batman: Gotham Knights is real and will be announced/revealed on 22 Aug at the DC Fandome event. Bad Religion Bad Religion this was the game with the Court of Owls. This was taken from Reddit I believe:

Batman: Gotham Knights by WB Montreal. Soft reboot of the Arkham franchise. The menacing Talon and the Court of Owls manipulate several factions into taking out the Bat family. Play as Batman, with Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl unlockable for side quests and free roam. Launching November 2020 for XBO, XSX, PS4, PS5 and PC.

Avengers Beta seems to be live
Just signed up for the account, now just waiting for the accounts to link

Just realised my spoiler above had no pics :smh:
Edited it for those who wanted to see the resolutions.

1597420726558.png

1597420753797.png

1597420793327.png

1597420825929.png

If I read it correctly, Batman: Gotham Knights is real and will be announced/revealed on 22 Aug at the DC Fandome event. Bad Religion Bad Religion this was the game with the Court of Owls. This was taken from Reddit I believe:

So Rocksteady is doing Suicide Squad instead of Batman. Interesting.

Wasn't Arkham Origins done by WB Montreal as well but it wasn't as well received as the other Arkham games.

So Rocksteady is doing Suicide Squad instead of Batman. Interesting.

Wasn't Arkham Origins done by WB Montreal as well but it wasn't as well received as the other Arkham games.

It was. I actually never played Origins because of the feedback/it seemingly getting treated like it doesn't even exist now :lol:

Played with Hulk and just finished up playing with CA.

Those would be my favorites to play with so far.

Caps combos :pimp:

Hulk can pickup giant rocks and a huge *** tank and throw it like nothing but can't pickup the cars on the bridge :lol:

So far it's a fun game. I'll play some more later.

Anyone try Fall Guys? The homies and I have been playing late night after Warzone pisses us off and its pretty damn fun and full of lulz 😂

Loving the positive Avengers impressions. I want the game to do well as long as the micro transactions don't get out of hand.

I need to try Fall Guys. Some people are calling it the next Rocket League

Back
Top Bottom