The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

nothing like looking at the box art and then the back of the box to determine whether or not you were gonna cop a game...then getting it, opening it...the smell...then reading the instruction manual for the art on the way home before you played it.

or

seeing images of the game in a gamepro/gameplayers/gamefan/egm/egm2/Nintendo power...especially if it made the cover art.

smh younger ppl will never know.

There was nothing better for me than going to the closest store every 5th of the month to buy egm/gamepro/psm mags :pimp:

Also grabbing chips, cookies and soda to eat while reading :pimp:

https://www.gamesradar.com/i-have-s...scom-and-i-finally-understand-whats-going-on/

tenor.gif

https://wccftech.com/kojima-says-even-now-he-doesnt-understand-death-stranding/

Death Stranding… even now, I don’t understand the game. Its world view, gameplay, they are all new. My mission is to create a genre that does not currently exist, and which takes everyone by surprise. There is, naturally, a risk in that…

Kojima, the creator of Metal Gear Solid, then explained that game design is a holistic process for him that encompasses all aspects of the title, from the story to graphics and sound.

Now I have my own studio, but what I want to do is the same as before. I want to do monozukuri. Game designing is a holistic thing for me. Working with all the designs, stories, concepts, graphics and sound. That is the meaning of game designing. We might have it more melodic when a character looks in this direction, and then have that fade when they take some particular action. It’s like the cello coming in, or the drums adding accent to movement when Tom and Jerry are wrecking things in one of their cartoons.

tenor.gif

I'm still ready for this 50 minutes of f'ery later

famb...

death stranding is going to be game of the year. gameplay looks like it plays a lot like MGSV, and that isnt a bad thing.

I'm not gonna lie. I wasn't really feeling the game too much when I first started playing it. But as I went along with it, got to know the characters, and saw the events of the story unfold (and played the DLCs to get more story), I got completely engrossed by it to the point where, as I mentioned above, got emotional for the ending. :lol:
I wish we got that alternate ending for the game that was gonna come out. I would have loved to see it.

As for the trailer, I envy you for being this strong. :lol:
Keep it up, because the payoff will be better than anything you can imagine right now.

Yea I love FFXV. It wasn't really a slow start for me because I started it straight after watching Kingsglaive but I really did dig the roadtrip vibe and the companionship with the crew.
Probably the closest group of characters I've played in a RPG, that I can remember anyway.

FF15 is one of the ones on the backlog I actually want to complete as well.

And it has been patched into oblivion so I bet the final product is even better

I got the FFXV plat in 2 weeks and haven't touched it since.
I feel like another playthrough is not out of the question at this point with all the patches, modes, DLC and other stuff that's been done it.

Patched to Obivion is so true :lol:

I've even wondering if I should try and wait for FFVII on PS5 instead at this rate.
No loading time might just make me wait for it.

famb...

death stranding is going to be game of the year. gameplay looks like it plays a lot like MGSV, and that isnt a bad thing.

Cool. But I'm just not hyped enough to buy any of the biggest games because we all know PS5 will be out a year from now in Holiday season 2020.

- The Last Of Us Part 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Death Stranding, Ghost Of Tsushima, FF VII remake are on hold for me until after PS5 is out and I cop one.

No way I’m holding off on FF VII Remake or TLOU Part II. Everything else I could if I had to.

I have to watch that Death Stranding demo. If it’s not what I’m looking for I’m cancelling my preorder and copping Borderlands 3 instead.

Death Stranding will eventually be purchased, just not right away for me.

Gimme info on Ghosts of Tsushima.

Some RPGS of note on sale now:
Ni no Kuni II deluxe
Odin Sphere
Tales of berseria
Tales of vesperia
some Final Fantasys
I am setsuna (I'll be copping, been waiting for a sale).

it would be really nice if these companies allowed us to transfer saves from previous generations over to whatever new consoles they come up with.
with that said, i'm all in and will cop the ps4 version of the ffVII remake and i'll get it again for the ps5.
smh at myself.

Cool. But I'm just not hyped enough to buy any of the biggest games because we all know PS5 will be out a year from now in Holiday season 2020.

- The Last Of Us Part 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Death Stranding, Ghost Of Tsushima, FF VII remake are on hold for me until after PS5 is out and I cop one.
If you got a backlog then it makes sense.

If not then, it might be tough
it would be really nice if these companies allowed us to transfer saves from previous generations over to whatever new consoles they come up with.
with that said, i'm all in and will cop the ps4 version of the ffVII remake and i'll get it again for the ps5.
smh at myself.
This is probably me.

They got me with the steelbook already

If you're at all sensitive to spoilers, you're really playing with fire, particularly when it comes to TLOU pt2. I wouldn't want to be navigating the internet for however many months between TLOU 2 and what you are assuming is a ps5 remaster.

If you're at all sensitive to spoilers, you're really playing with fire, particularly when it comes to TLOU pt2. I wouldn't want to be navigating the internet for however many months between TLOU 2 and what you are assuming is a ps5 remaster.

That’s exactly why you you should cop day one and shut out all social media regarding TLOU. It’s a narrative driven game and all it takes is one tweet or post to spoil massive plot points and gameplay experiences. Do yourself a favor and experience it for yourself without outside influence and discuss afterwards.

That’s exactly why you you should cop day one and shut out all social media regarding TLOU. It’s a narrative driven game and all it takes is one tweet or post to spoil massive plot points and gameplay experiences. Do yourself a favor and experience it for yourself without outside influence and discuss afterwards.

I agree. Reviews and antics across the internet plant seeds in your head that low key rob you of the ability to just go on the ride with a game that you have been anticipating.

Yea I agree on waiting but TLOU2 will unfortunately be spoiled if you do. I don’t have gamer friends but either on here or reddit it will be

Anybody get the "no network connection detected..." when playing Call of Duty? Any version? I've been getting that lately, as it happens 10 mins into a game then will just randomly pop me out of game and say no network detected. My WIFI is fine, ive tested it, and all my other WIFI connected device still work.

Ive reset my router counterless times too, same issue.

Back
Top Bottom