The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

What is it people like about P5? I like the gameplay but all that stuff you do in between mending hearts (I think that’s what it’s called) is so boring to me. I don’t want to build relationships like that. A side quest here and there is cool but not days of it. If it wasn’t for that, these games would probably be down to 40 hours. All that filler, word to @nawghtyhare :lol:

The game starts off crazy slow almost like every Persona game does, but the story isn’t filler it’s really good. But the social aspect of it comes in to play based on how you want to fuse your Personas. As you level up your confidants you unlock more powerful Personas. To the point where it becomes a game within a game.

In Persona, I always feel like I am missing something due to only being able to do a set number of things in a day and often having to choose. And the fact the trophies are often tied to exploring very specific sets of events always made me shy away from finishing them.

I have P5 in the backlog, though. And P4 Golden on my Vita if I ever get to go on another business trip. :lol:

In Persona, I always feel like I am missing something due to only being able to do a set number of things in a day and often having to choose. And the fact the trophies are often tied to exploring very specific sets of events always made me shy away from finishing them.

I have P5 in the backlog, though. And P4 Golden on my Vita if I ever get to go on another business trip. :lol:

That game is so goddamn long :lol: I loved it though but agree with you. Navigating the dungeons by the end of the game kind of gets to be a lot too. Wish Royal was available as DLC, can't drop 60 on it.
Also wish P4 Golden was available on PS4. P5 was my first/only Persona and I heard 4 is where it's at

The game starts off crazy slow almost like every Persona game does, but the story isn’t filler it’s really good. But the social aspect of it comes in to play based on how you want to fuse your Personas. As you level up your confidants you unlock more powerful Personas. To the point where it becomes a game within a game.
Like Triple Triad in FFVIII?

I tried P4 Golden but the fact it took 2 hours before the first battle meant it wasn't for me. I don't have that kinda time anymore.
I wish I did though.

I started my FF VII Hard run and I can tell it's gonna be frustrating :lol:

I also will be building my PC today (assuming the parts come in) and will have access to more JRPGS that I can start and never finish :lol:
What are the specs?

What are the specs?
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K46MrV

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.69 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler ($38.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($238.00 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($85.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC 3X Video Card ($548.00 @ B&H)
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($127.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1428.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-25 11:40 EDT-0400

Nothing too crazy. It’s my first build ever and so I’m still learning a lot. I figured I’d just go with the little bit I know and go from there. If I kept asking everybody and reading online forums, I never would have did it because I would kept second guessing myself :lol:

Ugh, I'm selling FF7 soon as I beat it, final boss fight is annoying AF if you die having to start it all over from the beginning and watch all those stupid cutscenes over and over...

I wanna get into Persona, but I simply don't have the patience for turn-based combat.

Pokemon is the only exception I will make.

It was cool. I just beat it. Put it on ebay because I'll just buy the DE version of the next episode that will probably include this anyway. Guess I'll get back to playing P5R now...

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K46MrV

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.69 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler ($38.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($238.00 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($85.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC 3X Video Card ($548.00 @ B&H)
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($127.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $1428.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-25 11:40 EDT-0400

Nothing too crazy. It’s my first build ever and so I’m still learning a lot. I figured I’d just go with the little bit I know and go from there. If I kept asking everybody and reading online forums, I never would have did it because I would kept second guessing myself :lol:
Nice specs.
Building a PC is fun and rewarding.

Whats your strategy for next gen.
PS5 primary console then PC for exclusives & Xbox games?

EC56A12F-D7D5-4C53-ACC6-1AD0417C6A4B.gif

Nice specs.
Building a PC is fun and rewarding.

Whats your strategy for next gen.
PS5 primary console then PC for exclusives & Xbox games?
Yeah, exactly my plan. I'll still play all Sony exclusives and multiplayer games (CoD, Battlefield, Rainbow 6 etc.) with friends on PS5. Everything else will be on PC.

That's my plan. So far the PC x GamePass combo is great.
Yeah I have gamepass until December so I'm gonna check out Forza Horizon 4 and hopefully Motorsport 8 and Halo Infinite if they release this year.
How much does a complete gaming computer cost?
It varies. I spent $1400+ for my parts. I think jetpacunlimited jetpacunlimited has dual 2080 TI so that's around $2400 (estimate) just for the GPU. I'm broke over here :lol:

Back
Top Bottom