The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Honestly I think that's kind of foul. If it's not Insomniac's Spider-Man why not put him on all platforms? I also don't think you can do anything "meaningful" with him as you wouldn't want to alienate the rest of your players from being able to play something significant. Exclusive games don't bother me but excluding content is not cool, imo. unless you're giving other platforms some exclusivity. I thought it was dope when Soul Calibur II put Link in the Gamecube version, that Tekken dude in the PS2 version, and Spawn in the Xbox version.

Brb, I gotta go check out the meltdown thread on ERA :lol:

Sony heavily funded Spiderman PS4 development with Insomniac and paid a hefty price to make then a internal Sony first party studio.

Also Sony for a long time has had the publishing rights to Spidey movies going back to Sam Raimi and Tobey Mcguire era trilogy

Last edited:
Speaking of which, has Skyrim been announced for PS5 and XSX? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Give it two more weeks, I'm sure we'll hear some bull**** and it'll be full price, AGAIN.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, there is a VR Humble Bundle right now and Skyrim VR is 70% off.

Honestly I think that's kind of foul. If it's not Insomniac's Spider-Man why not put him on all platforms? I also don't think you can do anything "meaningful" with him as you wouldn't want to alienate the rest of your players from being able to play something significant. Exclusive games don't bother me but excluding content is not cool, imo. unless you're giving other platforms some exclusivity. I thought it was dope when Soul Calibur II put Link in the Gamecube version, that Tekken dude in the PS2 version, and Spawn in the Xbox version.

Brb, I gotta go check out the meltdown thread on ERA :lol:

It's been happening for so long now but I think this one hurts more because it's Spider-Man.
It was only a couple of weeks ago when MS announced they will be getting the Tetris Effect multiplayer mode exclusive to them for some time but obviously people didn't get this mad.

Makes me remember COD on the PS360 when the PS3 players had to wait for new maps.

I expect this to get even worse. If Gamepass takes off nexts gen then Sony will open up their wallets more to try and keep the status quo.

People are big mad about Spider-Man being exclusive to PS in Avengers :lol: I barely even heard anyone talk about the game until this afternoon.

If I'm not wrong, Sony owns the rights to Spiderman, so I'm not sure why this is a surprise.

Sony owns the movie rights not games but there's obviously some special deal they have with Marvel.
They let Marvel use Spider-Man in the MCU and Marvel let Spider-Man be exclusive to the PS4 so they definitely have some sort of deal I think.

Gimme the same damn game with just a handful of additional destructive magic spells and I'll pay the $70.

You're probably better off getting the VR version if you want a new experience for that game.

You're probably better off getting the VR version if you want a new experience for that game.

I haven't played since the original PS3 title circa 2012 but I want the EXACT same experience with more depth in (or maybe just better styled) armor/gear/weapons, and like one or two more spells. :lol:

1596530939475.png

1596529955666.png

1596530021731.png

1596530197894.png

• Should expect pricing this month. $399 and $499 seems to be most people's guess.
  • Pandemic meant Sony sold more games between April and June than holiday season with Christmas and Black Friday.
  • Digital games accounted for 74% of games sold. Covid might just make the switch from physical to digital faster as it was trending up before.
  • This is normally a year where you expect losses because of next gen systems but with all the money they made, they won't take a big loss.
  • This could explain why they can wait for MS to announce pricing so that they can match them on price.
Ideal situation since they're all making money from everyone staying at home is for MS to go aggressive on pricing and Sony to follow suit.
They will make that money back on game sales which have spiked and with PS+ having 45 million now as well.

I haven't played since the original PS3 title circa 2012 but I want the EXACT same experience with more depth in (or maybe just better styled) armor/gear/weapons, and like one or two more spells. :lol:
You might have to go PC for that :lol:
There might be mods that give you extra spells but I don't think anything has changed with the remastered or VR version.

Back
Top Bottom