The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Sony owns the movie rights not games but there's obviously some special deal they have with Marvel.
They let Marvel use Spider-Man in the MCU and Marvel let Spider-Man be exclusive to the PS4 so they definitely have some sort of deal I think.

Got you, that makes sense.

Gimme the same damn game with just a handful of additional destructive magic spells and I'll pay the $70.

WetLargeBobcat-size_restricted.gif

Facts. I switched over to Saints Row, but then they got too wild too. Obviously, Rock Star doesn’t need my 60, but I‘ll stick to my PS2 era of GTA.

Too many 'open world/sandbox' type games these days. FWIW, I finished and enjoyed Sleeping Dogs as it a was compact, tighter experience.

I guess those of us who played the original GTA back in '96/'97 are somewhat burned out.

I got my early beta access code for The Avengers emailed to me from Amazon this past Saturday. Ready to check it out this weekend. If I get a second beta code from my Best Buy pre order I'll hook up a NT'er who wants in also. I pre ordered the deluxe version from Best Buy because the game has a $10 rewards zone for pre ordering it there and it also comes with a steelbook case. I'm going to cancel my Amazon pre order eventually.

I got my early beta access code for The Avengers emailed to me from Amazon this past Saturday. Ready to check it out this weekend. If I get a second beta code from my Best Buy pre order I'll hook up a NT'er who wants in also. I pre ordered the deluxe version from Best Buy because the game has a $10 rewards zone for pre ordering it there and it also comes with a steelbook case. I'm going to cancel my Amazon pre order eventually.
Definitely post impressions. I may or may not look into getting if my bro cops.

Do you guys think it’s possible to do an Apple style release? Announce the price and launch a few weeks later.

2TB internal is more than enough. I mean if you got money to burn SSD's are still expensive:

SSD.png

Installed a 1TB in my Pro as soon as I purchased it - have no idea what the stock drive feels like. 1TB works great but you have to uninstall games once you're done - I think 2TB would be just right but prices aren't great on them (at least in Canada).

Installed a 1TB in my Pro as soon as I purchased it - have no idea what the stock drive feels like. 1TB works great but you have to uninstall games once you're done - I think 2TB would be just right but prices aren't great on them (at least in Canada).

Same here... For both my launch day Pro and 500 mill edition... never used them before installing a SSD.

For my launch day PS4, I ran it for a while with the stock drive and then installed a 1TB seagate hybrid.

I have yet to run out of space but I'm not a super avid gamer. I just like having the best experience when I do find some time to play....

Do you guys think it’s possible to do an Apple style release? Announce the price and launch a few weeks later.

I don't think Sony or consoles in general have that kind of clout compared to Apple and phones. Apple knows come release they will sell millions instantly.

Consoles are really price sensitive so I think it will work against them if they left it late.
They also use pre-orders are a way to gauge the different levels of demand around the world to help with launch.

This is why MS had to back pedal for the Xbone launch when they saw lack of pre-orders.

Same, I put in a 750GB SSD into my pro on day 1.
Managing it was a pain at first but hey at least I'm prepared for the PS5's 825GB SSD. :lol:

1596571307129.png

Have a 2tb external full and about 300 gb left on the pro. Getting a 8tb with the ps5

I think we're going to be stuck with low drive space for a while since external drives will only work for PS4 games on PS5.

There's no expandable storage fast enough for the PS5 out yet.

I know XSX is offering additional SSD storage up to 1GB I think. I would hope Sony does the same.

I want to see game sizes because I told myself that I wouldn't get any additional storage this gen. I have 4TB total and still delete games. I was basically buying stuff just because it was on sale and knew I had the storage for it. No reason to get the reckless again with next gen. The plan is to keep a few multiplayer games installed and one to two single player games. Once the single player game gets beat (platinumed), it gets deleted.

At launch, 100% compatible XSX expandable storage functionality really trumps PS5.. not sure how much it costs, though. If it costs rape, not so jealous.

I know XSX is offering additional SSD storage up to 1GB I think. I would hope Sony does the same.

I want to see game sizes because I told myself that I wouldn't get any additional storage this gen. I have 4TB total and still delete games. I was basically buying stuff just because it was on sale and knew I had the storage for it. No reason to get the reckless again with next gen. The plan is to keep a few multiplayer games installed and one to two single player games. Once the single player game gets beat (platinumed), it gets deleted.
At launch, 100% compatible XSX expandable storage functionality really trumps PS5.. not sure how much it costs, though. If it costs rape, not so jealous.

Microsoft's got an exclusive contract with Seagate to manufacture proprietary SSDs - they could in theory charge more for these 'expansion cards' because of this.

Non proprietary SSD's will be better in the long run.
MS method is the same as Vita's memory cards which were overpriced. It's simplicity is nice though.

We should have SSD's fast enough by the end of the year but the only issue is price because even those drives will cost a a limb.

Cerny said you need SSD's that are at least 7GB/s for expandable storage and the closest thing we have coming out soon is the Samsung 980 pro and that's only 6.5 GB/s read speeds and it will easily be $300 plus for 1TB.

Personally, I'm gonna chill for a year. Get another controller, camera or headset instead. I won't think about expandable storage until sometime next year and you might not even have a choice if no consumer SSD fast enough comes out this year.

In a way it just goes to show that the SSD is cutting edge tech.

Got you, that makes sense.

I researched it a bit, and it seems that Sony does own all the rights to Spider-Man, and allegedly have since 1985. Disney/Marvel using Spider-Man is a "joint deal" and it is still entirely up to Sony's discretion. They also now own Insomniac, who have the exclusive rights to the game (him being in the Avengers game again, was still up to Sony).

I researched it a bit, and it seems that Sony does own all the rights to Spider-Man, and allegedly have since 1985. Disney/Marvel using Spider-Man is a "joint deal" and it is still entirely up to Sony's discretion. They also now own Insomniac, who have the exclusive rights to the game (him being in the Avengers game again, was still up to Sony).
Are you saying that Sony has complete control of Spider-Man? Comic books, graphic novels etc. I was under the impression it was just movies.

Are you saying that Sony has complete control of Spider-Man? Comic books, graphic novels etc. I was under the impression it was just movies.

I then read into it more; different articles seem to say different ****. It looks like the comic books are still Marvel owned, but it seems that everything else, including merchandise, is Sony? This **** confusing as hell.

From what I've read it looks like Sony owns the film rights and Marvel everything else. Seems that Marvel made a deal with Sony for Insomniac to develop Spiderman games (like Activision previously) that is completely separate from the film deal.

But like you said, it's confusing :lol: different people/articles say different things. But I've seen the Sony/Insomniac/Marvel deal mentioned most.

Back
Top Bottom