The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

not in this pandemic
for a video game console
and people aint working
Damn I assumed most people were back at work. It’s kinda hard to gauge that kinda stuff since I’m in the Army and surrounded by nothing military people.

Are you saying that Sony has complete control of Spider-Man? Comic books, graphic novels etc. I was under the impression it was just movies.
Sony only has control of the movies and seemingly and exclusive deal on games.

Marvel owns the merch even the movie merch (or they split it out now, not sure about the new deal they made), obviously the comics, animation, plays, etc.

If Sony wanted to make a Spidey or Spidey related live action show they would need Marvel's permission and Marvel would probably make them release it on Disney+.

Damn I assumed most people were back at work. It’s kinda hard to gauge that kinda stuff since I’m in the Army and surrounded by nothing military people.
i mean im still working
ill end up getting 2
but MAJORITY
aint gonna have it like that

You can tell Sony don't have the game rights because Activision had it at one point and were making trash Spider-Man games. If Sony had the rights they would've been making exclusive Spider-Man games a long time ago.

1596617854296.png

1596617920544.png

Rumor/Leaks from 4Chan so take with the usual grain of salt.
Stated that State of Play will be next week a day before the PS Blog announced it.

Slight Upgrade to hardware. Sounds good and I've heard others mention that Sony and MS are getting good yields for the chips so they might be able to squeeze more juice out of them.
PS4 got a late revision for it's hardware from 4GB to 8GB RAM so it's not uncommon.

Major third party deals that will stir up controversy points to Spider-Man in Avengers and more. Another leaker Jeff Grubb said Sony has been opening it's wallet a lot.

Revision of PS Now and Plus makes sense to try and counter Gamepass/Xcloud

Secret game is hidden in text and the com in GamesCOM is capitalized which points to SOCOM?

Everything sounds plausible to me. The only thing I'm slightly skeptical about is the hardware revision.

Spider-Man’s new found exclusivity on Sony consoles come from the nuances of the deal with Marvel/Disney for the film rights. For all intents and purposes Marvel owns Spider-Man’s film rights again but as a caveat Sony is involved in how he’s branded going forward in practically everything including comics and media. The extended deal that they negotiated last year solidified this. It’s why Disney and Marvel casting agents (Sarah Haley Finn) are involved in casting for Sony films that are Spider-Man centric but don’t involve Spider-Man (Venom: Let their be Carnage, Morbius) and why Spider-Man in video games are now being specifically sectioned off to Sony consoles. Sony wanted in on the merchandising rights they sold back to Marvel years prior and Marvel wasn’t budging so this was their compromise in exchange for Marvel to have say in anything dealing with Spider-Man on film. This is why Sony’s ridiculous ideas for a Black Cat and Silver Sable film or a Silk film have gone back to the drawing board or canned all together because Marvel finally has full say on the presentation of their star character in media again.

TLDR; Marvel and Sony are in cahoots with Spider-Man forever. Playstation may as well be the designated Marvel console at this point. There is attention to be paid for my MvC fans out there. Street Fighter is now a Sony exclusive too....

I'm here for the exclusive 3rd party games that'll piss off other gamers :lol:

Boy the rants about Spider-Man fueled my laughter all night. Anti-Consumerism was thrown around a lot.

If Sony is really funding the next Silent Hill game or anything else like the Spider-Man deal, I expect the gaming world to be on fire.

Spider-Man’s new found exclusivity on Sony consoles come from the nuances of the deal with Marvel/Disney for the film rights. For all intents and purposes Marvel owns Spider-Man’s film rights again but as a caveat Sony is involved in how he’s branded going forward in practically everything including comics and media. The extended deal that they negotiated last year solidified this. It’s why Disney and Marvel casting agents (Sarah Haley Finn) are involved in casting for Sony films that are Spider-Man centric but don’t involve Spider-Man (Venom: Let their be Carnage, Morbius) and why Spider-Man in video games are now being specifically sectioned off to Sony consoles. Sony wanted in on the merchandising rights they sold back to Marvel years prior and Marvel wasn’t budging so this was their compromise in exchange for Marvel to have say in anything dealing with Spider-Man on film. This is why Sony’s ridiculous ideas for a Black Cat and Silver Sable film or a Silk film have gone back to the drawing board or canned all together because Marvel finally has full say on the presentation of their star character in media again.

TLDR; Marvel and Sony are in cahoots with Spider-Man forever. Playstation may as well be the designated Marvel console at this point. There is attention to be paid for my MvC fans out there. Street Fighter is now a Sony exclusive too....

Honestly, Sony allowing Marvel to use Spider-Man in films and Sony getting to have him in games is the best timeline. :lol:
We now get good movies and good games. Win WIn.

I didn't mind Venom but it was weird with no Spider-Man involvement and it made Sony a lot of money too in the box office.

As for Street Fighter, Sony did help fund the game and contributed towards the Capcom Pro Tour but their involvement ended a couple years back.
I would not be surprised to see Sony team up again with Capcom for SF6 or a new MVC though. I think there is money to be made by making PS5 the fighting games console of choice like the PS4 is. I don't expect it to happen though.

Boy the rants about Spider-Man fueled my laughter all night. Anti-Consumerism was thrown around a lot.

If Sony is really funding the next Silent Hill game or anything else like the Spider-Man deal, I expect the gaming world to be on fire.

Yea it's getting wild. Not letting you play PS5 games with the DS4 was also been thrown around as anti-consumer. Sony going the generational route is anti-consumer.

Spider-Man Avengers DLC even made BBC news as if this was a new practice.

Silent Hill rumour has been out for long so I guess people are expecting it but something like Final Fantasy will definitely need popcorn.

Yea it's getting wild. Not letting you play PS5 games with the DS4 was also been thrown around as anti-consumer. Sony going the generational route is anti-consumer.
Yeah that DS4 argument is funny. I'm sure there's a reason. Just like why I can't use my PS3 controller for my PS4 games.

Honestly, Sony allowing Marvel to use Spider-Man in films and Sony getting to have him in games is the best timeline. :lol:
We now get good movies and good games. Win WIn.

I didn't mind Venom but it was weird with no Spider-Man involvement and it made Sony a lot of money too in the box office.

As for Street Fighter, Sony did help fund the game and contributed towards the Capcom Pro Tour but their involvement ended a couple years back.
I would not be surprised to see Sony team up again with Capcom for SF6 or a new MVC though. I think there is money to be made by making PS5 the fighting games console of choice like the PS4 is. I don't expect it to happen though.

Spider-Man Avengers DLC even made BBC news as if this was a new practice.

Silent Hill rumour has been out for long so I guess people are expecting it but something like Final Fantasy will definitely need popcorn.

I personally love it. The reason why Nintendo still controls the gaming world with a Danny Rand...err Iron Fist is because they’ve created characters that people love more than their own family members. Mario? Link? Pikachu? Any one of those MF’ers will have you buying a Nintendo console SOLELY for one of their games, or all of their games or a game with all of them in it together. The concept of a system seller has been around for ages and Sony has adopted it but they are investing in it full force and are about to win this console generation before it even starts. And with Sony being responsible for reinvigorating Spider-Man as a video game property they deserve to milk this for all its worth. I personally don’t understand the fake outrage. Most of the people complaining have all 3 major consoles and PC as well :lol: people just don’t want to be chained to a decision in how they play but if Spider-Man was paid DLC for all consoles people would complain as well. He’s free on one console. Play on said console, simple as that. The beautiful irony in all of this is that NOW people are paying attention to the game. Sony made the Avengers a hot video game property too now.

Back
Top Bottom