The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

You're lost lol. They did this same thing with the PS4

I keep seeing this and its absolutely incorrect. Sony held an event on the 20th of Feb. 2013. Almost 10 months to the day the console launched. Dating back to almost November of 2012 Sony gave steady information on what the system would be. They wanted to get the jump on Microsoft, period. Seems we're back to arrogant Sony days. So we'll see how the works for them this time around.

In a nutshell, it'll load 5-10 second faster than the X (Proper way to say it instead of the forced and lame XseX crap) but it'll be under powered at almost all terms everywhere else. Welp. Good to know. With more games going multi-platform. Sony's gonna have to keep going the Nintendo route (stellar first party) to keep its sizable advantage. The X has all the hype right now.

Phil and whoever runs the XBOX division already said no new exclusive game for XSeX for at least 2 years

So not full BC, only top 100 PS4 games and no emphasis on ray tracing...

yeah this will def be a much cheaper console

No, he said they tested the top 100 PS4 games and on PS5 and didn't have any issues. Not that they'd be only one with BC capability.

In a nutshell, it'll load 5-10 second faster than the X (Proper way to say it instead of the forced and lame XseX crap) but it'll be under powered at almost all terms everywhere else. Welp. Good to know. With more games going multi-platform. Sony's gonna have to keep going the Nintendo route (stellar first party) to keep its sizable advantage. The X has all the hype right now.

:rofl:

Ok so now we wait for both companies to reveal games, release date, pre-orders.

Assuming this COVID-19 doesn't push releases on both consoles until next year.

No, he said they tested the top 100 PS4 games and on PS5 and didn't have any issues. Not that they'd be only one with BC capability.
Sony tested 100 of the most-played PS4 games and most of them should be ready for launch though Backwards Compatability for PS4 is not 100% and will need to be handled on a game-by-game basis as the PS5 is too fast for certain titles

if you have full PS4 BC day one you say that. If you are going to have full BC in the future you say that. It’s not gonna happen here. They will make some games but not everything from last gen

I'd rather have 10 Sony teraflops than 12 Micro$oft teraflops, though. I can tell you that right off the top.
In the end I'll buy both the Xbox and PS5, but pending some incredible must-have PS5 exclusive I might be buying that Xbox first.
Will 2 more flops make Crackdown 3 not horrible anymore?

tenor.gif

Y'all trying talk smack because the StruggleStation 5 ain't as powerful.

I know what might have been boring for some but I enjoyed that.

Finally good to put a value to the speed of the SSD.

As far as I know, there still isn't any gen 4 PCIE cards over 5GB/s that you can buy on PC's just yet.
Obviously by launch there probably will be but this really is top of the line with regards to SSD's and no it's not just loading times that will benefit.

Also good to hear that you can use off the shelf drives for expansion when they come out but they will be expensive for sure.

As for the PS5 being cheaper, i wouldn't be so sure with the SSD they have and also the fact they need to cool the GPU at 2.2GHz. That won't come cheap IMO.

I can't wait for the comparions with the xsex, 15% less on the GPU but 100% on the I/O on the SSD.
Going the higher frequency route with less CPU's will apparently make them closer as well but we'll see about that.

I'll be interested to see how they compare and if only exclusives can take advantage of the PS5's strengths.

Next gen here we come.

“Cerny” said:
Running PS4 and PS4 Pro titles at boosted frequencies as also added complexity. The boost is truly massive this time around and some game code just can't handle it. Testing has to be done on a title by title basis. Results are excellent, though. We recently took a look at the top 100 Playstation 4 titles as ranked by playtime and we're expecting almost all of them to playable at launch on Playstation 5."

so it sounds like almost all PS4 games will be bc but not all can use boost mode... yet

Sony tested 100 of the most-played PS4 games and most of them should be ready for launch though Backwards Compatability for PS4 is not 100% and will need to be handled on a game-by-game basis as the PS5 is too fast for certain titles

if you have full PS4 BC day one you say that. If you are going to have full BC in the future you say that. It’s not gonna happen here. They will make some games but not everything from last gen

I stand corrected.

It's very impressive that XSX has full BC throughout it's generations of consoles.

All struggle box has games wise is:

-Gamepass which also allows you to play all of their exclusives on PC and Xcloud devices.
-Rehashed or new Halo game at launch.
-Rely on 3rd party developers to maximize their faster TFlop's system.
-Full backwards compatibility

That's it !

Back
Top Bottom