The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

My PS4 moments... thats tough.

1. Finding a good work, gaming, and social balance. Through my twenties, one of the 3 always suffered. I gave up playing for a few years, then I would binge and stop calling friends, then I would game and party while my work performance suffered. Chasing trophies has kind of instilled a desire to manage my time in a way I never had before. I always wanted to be efficient when playing a game. It seems like it would be natural cross-over into life, but I never really made the connection until around the time of PS4. While not a gaming moment, it's something I'll always remember when I think of the PS4.

2. Destiny Moments; too many to count. Standout would be getting to the Lighthouse in both ToO and TotN, Flawless Raider, and my first We Ran Out of Medals.

3. Doing a platinum run of Uncharted 1-4 in 9 days.

Bonus: playing COD for 24 hours straight to raise money for Alberta Children's Hospital during Extra Life.

where’d you get you apple watch case and band from! That’s looks dope af

That’s a steel model, no case needed, it’s basically indestructible. Screen is sapphire crystal too, only way to go imho. I bought it with the Milanese band and then wifey got me that one as a gift a few years ago - not sure of the brand. If I find out will send you a message.

Finally finished and got the plat for Ghost of Tsushima today.

Very enjoyable experience playing the game.

It's not without its flaws, but overall Sucker Punch knocked it out of the park.

For those of you that finished the game:

Did y'all kill or spare Uncle Shimura?

As much as his *****ass annoyed me with his "honor above all else" spiel throughout the game I couldn't kill him because he's still family.

On another note, Tomoe was looking right man.
1600570730246.png

I know she could've killed Jin, but I would've risked it for a chance to sample those yambs. :lol:

I finally bought The Witcher 3 complete edition on a PSN flash sale for $14.99 and haven't even started it yet :lol:

You could play and finish it by the time ps5 is out. Game has so many things to do. I want to replay it just to defeat that damn wendigo boss.

Obviously you should be hooking up a console by wire if possible but the series x not having wifi 6 is kind of a big deal in my opinion. Anything less than wifi 6 is going to start to feel slower over the next few years.

Obviously you should be hooking up a console by wire if possible but the series x not having wifi 6 is kind of a big deal in my opinion. Anything less than wifi 6 is going to start to feel slower over the next few years.

What did ps4 have?

Also, does wifi 6 mean less lag when playing Madden or 2k online?

If anyone purchased the digital and is willing to trade for the disc version, let me know. I'd rather have the digital version.

Also, are there any images yet of the back of the console showing what ports will be included?
Same as PS4? :nerd:

PO

What did ps4 have?

Also, does wifi 6 mean less lag when playing Madden or 2k online?

OG PS4 had WiFi-4
PS4 Slim/Pro has WiFi 5

WiFi 6 is an improvement all round from WiFi 5. More future proof.

More Bandwidth
More Range
More simultaneous connections so less dropouts

If you can't use Ethernet or Powerline then for gaming consider an upgrade.
If you can use a wired connection then no rush in buying one since not a lot of devices have WiFi 6 chips yet.

Also, are there any images yet of the back of the console showing what ports will be included?
Same as PS4? :nerd:

PO

1600593337884.png

Digital is just a bad deal overall really.

No it’s not :lol: it’s the best deal for casuals. Psn games go on sale dirt cheap. Maybe not as quick as physical but After a year or so you could probably get the complete edition of a game with all dlc for 20 maybe less if you are ps+. Sometimes less than that if it’s older. Resident evil raccoon city edition (resident evil 2 and 3 remakes) was $35 As a bundle not to long this summer.

Last edited:
No it’s not :lol: it’s the best deal for casuals. Psn games go on sale dirt cheap. Maybe not as quick as physical but After a year or so you could probably get the complete edition of a game with all dlc for 20 maybe less if you are ps+. Sometimes less than that if it’s older. Resident evil raccoon city edition (resident evil 2 and 3 remakes) was $35 As a bundle not to long this summer.

Yeah everyone keeps forgetting that Digital does get sales as well. That's all I've been seeing people talking about "oh digital will get stuck at full price." Like MS and Sony don't have monthly, weekly and seasonal deals

Back
Top Bottom