The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

So my boy got an email from Sony saying that his PSN account info was changed. He unfortunately didn't see it until a few hours after they sent it since he was at work. They got in and changed his name, ID, and made all his info private.

Any ideas on how he can get his account back? Sony phone support is closed.
This happened to me in august.

There’s a link for online chat. Hit them up and let them now what happened gonna ask him a few questions to make sure it’s actually him. they are gonna send you a reset link that takes off any of the security measures they changed.

not sure if they are gonna be able to get his username back though.

mine was just some bum *** kids. all they did was play fortnite and change all my setups for skins :lol:

1600791958430.png

1600791930878.png

This is probably going to be announced as compatible for the PS5. Only the 1TB hits 7GB/s so the smaller drives might not make the cut.

I wasn't expecting the 1TB to be $229. It's still a lot of money but given that it's not proprietary, these would drop like the other Gen 4 SSDs.
Just waiting on Sabrent or Microcenter to come through with their versions for half that.

I took some disc based games to GameStop today and got about $200 in store credit. I'm pretty sure they gave me a bonus as I said that I was prepping for next gen. Little did he know I'm scooping the digital PS5. He pulled out a list of games that I could pre-order. I asked if he could make those digital pre-orders. Once he said no, I asked for PSN cards. He didn't seem pleased :lol:

So my boy got an email from Sony saying that his PSN account info was changed. He unfortunately didn't see it until a few hours after they sent it since he was at work. They got in and changed his name, ID, and made all his info private.

Any ideas on how he can get his account back? Sony phone support is closed.

same happen to me . Said I need my og credit card and serial number . They couldn’t do anything for me

Somebody tries to hack my PSN every other week. Luckily for me though I have 2FA on my account so all I get is an annoying text that I’ve just learned to ignore at this point :lol:.

Also, regarding the Bethesda news, I think it’s being blown a little out of proportion. Don’t get me wrong, it’s huge news. And even though I don’t play any Bethesda games, I understand how big this is for Xbox players. But you got Sony dudes mad about it like we don’t got games like SpiderMan, GOW, HZD, etc. to play. And on the flip side, Xbox dudes talking about “this makes PlayStation irrelevant” and “Sony is done” as if we don’t got games like SpiderMan, GOW,HZD, etc. to play. People on both sides looking foolish. Ain’t nobody buying a PS5 to play Fallout :lol:

Somebody tries to hack my PSN every other week. Luckily for me though I have 2FA on my account so all I get is an annoying text that I’ve just learned to ignore at this point :lol:.

Also, regarding the Bethesda news, I think it’s being blown a little out of proportion. Don’t get me wrong, it’s huge news. And even though I don’t play any Bethesda games, I understand how big this is for Xbox players. But you got Sony dudes mad about it like we don’t got games like SpiderMan, GOW, HZD, etc. to play. And on the flip side, Xbox dudes talking about “this makes PlayStation irrelevant” and “Sony is done” as if we don’t got games like SpiderMan, GOW,HZD, etc. to play. People on both sides looking foolish. Ain’t nobody buying a PS5 to play Fallout :lol:

its huge news for rpg gamers

MS now owns all the big title western rpg games. People to this day still play Skyrim.

these are games that ppl play for years, literally. Not some quick single player game that you can beat in less than a week.

spiderman, gow, hzd are all games you can beat in a week. After you beat these games no one is going to go back to play them consistently over the next 5-10 years like people do with elder scrolls.

MS owns the biggest titles now for a whole genre of gaming. Not saying Sony is done for or that MS won this generation, things are now actually competitive, which is good for consumers. This means that Sony isn’t going to get lazy and neither is MS.

MS now owns all the big title western rpg games. People to this day still play Skyrim.

these are games that ppl play for years, literally. Not some quick single player game that you can beat in less than a week.

spiderman, gow, hzd are all games you can beat in a week. After you beat these games no one is going to go back to play them consistently over the next 5-10 years like people do with elder scrolls.

MS owns the biggest titles now for a whole genre of gaming. Not saying Sony is done for or that MS won this generation, things are now actually competitive, which is good for consumers. This means that Sony isn’t going to get lazy and neither is MS.
Nothing against what you said but I feel like The Witcher III was better than any Bethesda game I’ve played. Western RPGs never really clicked with me but after 3 attempts I finally got into TW3 and realized how good that game is. I feel like Bethesda games play and run like **** but when I bring this up, hardcore Skyrim fans tell me it’s part of the charm :lol:

Nothing against what you said but I feel like The Witcher III was better than any Bethesda game I’ve played. Western RPGs never really clicked with me but after 3 attempts I finally got into TW3 and realized how good that game is. I feel like Bethesda games play and run like **** but when I bring this up, hardcore Skyrim fans tell me it’s part of the charm :lol:
I don’t play any of the game but those games have big followings system sellers to some no need to downplay ms scored big

I agree with that. Me personally, I like games that I can beat in a week (although between my schedule, marriage and kids, they normally take me about 3). If they’re really good games I’ll come back again at some point and replay them. I don’t doubt this is big for western RPG fans. I just think the “Xbox is anti consumer” and “PlayStation is doomed” rhetoric is overblown

never played tw3 and yea Bethesda games look and play clunky but it really is part of the charm.

I know that sounds ridiculous but fans (including myself) love it.

I don’t play any of the game but those games have big followings system sellers to some no need to downplay ms scored big
Not downplaying this acquisition at all. In fact, I previously stated that this was great for MS. I’m actually more interested in why people are such big fans of games that, in my opinion, run like ****. I often ask the same about GTA V/RDR 2 but tend to give them a pass because the stories in those games are top notch. I think that as a Western RPG, TW3 took the crown this gen. Fallout 4 wasn’t as well received and aside from that, Fallout 76 which was a dud initially and ESO which was also rough initially, what has Bethesda (the developer) done this gen that was so impressive?

never played tw3 and yea Bethesda games look and play clunky but it really is part of the charm.

I know that sounds ridiculous but fans (including myself) love it.
I guess I’d compare it to the Souls series and how it can feel sluggish at times (on console) but I still love it :lol:

I’m still going to give New Vegas a shot too, just on PC this time.

Just waiting on Sabrent or Microcenter to come through with their versions for half that.

Same here and Sabrents drive is faster apparently.

Looking to get a 5 GB/s for the PC and a 7GB/s for the PS5 at one point down the line.

Skyrim is the only one I know off that people played for years and that was mainly also because of remasters and VR and releasing it on every platform.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Fallout 4 didn't receive the same acclaim as previous entries and then the online one flopped.
Sony's first party are now starting to show legs they didn't before. I still see sales chart with The Last of Us Remastered, Spider-Man, Horizon, etc still selling.

1600844358458.png

This is not to downplay the acquisition because it is huge but, it's not game over for Sony as some people think even though I like seeing them as the underdogs now.

MS on the other hand has the studios but will need to execute from here since Zenimax wasn't bought at their highest point.
The budget for Elders Scroll, Starfield and Fallout is not going to be cheap so are they going to give them all the time and money they need?
I wonder if these games are taking long because of engine changes to the buggy mess they used previously.

Also the smaller titles like Wolfenstein and Rage, we will have to see how they do without PS. Are they all enough to get people to get an Xbox or PC to play?

Find out on the next episode of next gen wars.

Agreed.

CD Projekt Red is worth 10 Billion dollars.
The Witcher alone has made them have the same worth as Ubisoft who has 23 studios I believe and more than the 7.5 Billion paid for Zenimax. It's madness :lol:

The next batch of Bethesda RPG's will need to bring the heat. They will sell regardless because of the name but if they want the crown back then they can't have Starfield or ESVI do a Fallout 76.

For those who were able to pre order from bestbuy. Do they initially charge for the ps5 pre order.

I was charged, but oddly enough.. today i found extra monies in my account. a bit confused.

Thanks everyone, he got his account back. Hacker just got on 2k and spent all of his VC :lol:

I've never understood the knock on PS first party releases as "games you beat in a week and never touch again". GOW, TLOU, Spiderman and Horizon all have a lot of content. I've put in more hours in those games than anything else this Gen except 2K and COD. Hunting the valkyries in GOW, completing TLOU on a yearly basis, doing all the side missions and stuff on Spider-Man, hunting machines and seeing the world in Horizon, etc.

And I know sales aren't a good indicator of whether a game is good or not, but 6 of the top 10 selling PS4 games are those "one and done" games.

So looking at the entire picture, the critical reception, fan reception, consumer engagement and sales tells me that Sony is doing something right. It's only a very small part of the hardcore gaming community on the internet who think otherwise.

If anything, Microsoft could do better in that category, and I think they will going forward with all their new studios. Fallout and Elder Scrolls are undeniably huge games that have made the Xbox much more appealing. I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. But until either Game pass truly takes off in a few years, or Microsoft starts producing those one week games at a higher level than Sony, the Playstation will be just fine. Those are the games most people are looking for.

In my opinion :lol:

Last edited:
For those who were able to pre order from bestbuy. Do they initially charge for the ps5 pre order.

I was charged, but oddly enough.. today i found extra monies in my account. a bit confused.

I was charged & it didn't fall off, but I did in-store pickup.

I'm not sure if thats the policy or not, since I assumed you would only have to pay when you pickup or when it ships. But not bothered by it.

PO

Back
Top Bottom