The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Just been playing smash here and there since beating the second main boss in sekiro about a month ago. Not sure if/when I’ll get back to it. Randomly played some cup head at a friend’s a few weeks ago which was a blast.

Kudos on platting Sekiro. I still haven't even fought a main boss yet :smh:

Thanks. Platting Sekiro and Bloodborne have been the most fulfilling, satisfying achievements in gaming I've ever done. I'm hoping DS3 has a similar feel of satisfaction once completed.

Man sekiro was way difficult for me lmao I made it to some one eye guy and I felt I was The one doing parkour n trying to go unscene lol my stress levels was high

What's everybody playing?

I'm been tackling Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm at the final showdown and decided to post pone that and clean up some trophies. I'm going to go ahead and platinum this one. I'll hopefully finish Dragon Quest XI next. I got about 60 hours logged and stopped playing right before the final boss.

Just picked up Nier Automata and Gravity Rush 2, not sure which one I will play first. Needed a break from the HUGE Open world type of games before I try the The Witcher 3

I'm been tackling Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm at the final showdown and decided to post pone that and clean up some trophies. I'm going to go ahead and platinum this one. I'll hopefully finish Dragon Quest XI next. I got about 60 hours logged and stopped playing right before the final boss.
assassin creed odyssey, Division 2, Diablo 3, Random golf game, and warframe.

FIFA 19. Days Gone. DMC5. MK11. Rage 2. Borderlands GOTY. Doing way too much and I'm like 30% done with each FIFA excluded lol.

Thanks. Platting Sekiro and Bloodborne have been the most fulfilling, satisfying achievements in gaming I've ever done. I'm hoping DS3 has a similar feel of satisfaction once completed.

I would like to platinum Sekiro. I have 50 percent of the trophies, I’m on Ishin on my first play through. I’ve only tried him a few times but haven’t made much progress and really have no idea how I’ll beat him.

At this point I just want to beat him and start new game plus. Haven’t tried in like a week now. He’s certainly intimidating.

I’ve platinumed Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 Remeastered. Ended up at like 86 percent of the trophies in DS3 and just never finished them.

finally bought Kingdom Hearts 3 and started it. I watched all the little "catching up" videos that are in the game....bruh how can anyone follow this story :lol:. People being split into two hearts being put in different people turning into different people 13 of the same people...like what?

Anyway...fun so far

Looks like bunch of FF7 Remake stuff was leaked over the weekend.
From a Reddit post here:

-Game is in fact 2 parts. Part 1 ends exactly as Aerith is let down into the water after her death and a fade to black.

-Materia is shown in ALMOST all weapons. They do not appear in accessories nor do accessories appear on your character model. Different weapons will however appear on your model for example Rune Blade will be on Cloud's back if equipped and exploring.

-Different weapons have different triangle heavy hits (does not cost an ATB charge) Buster Sword has Punisher Rune Blade for for example has Cleave. You use these heavy hits after a string of regular hits. Regular hits are chip damage and the main damage will be from heavy combo finishers and the of course the massive LIMIT BREAKs.

-Using Magic will consume ATB along with MP. You get more bars as the game progresses.

-Summons will work for the most part as cut scenes like the original, they do not fight with you on the field. There is 1 new Summon Amarok and appears to be a wolf and causes darkness in addition to damage.

-Over-world map is almost seamless. There are some "zones." There will be roads and methods of transportation. It is open world. Vehicles like the Tiny Bronco work almost exactly the same only being able to go in lighter water. There will be items available occasionally on the field. Chocobos will of course be obtainable after the farm.

-They have really made an effort to make each town feel lived in, and feel like there is a reason why each place is like the way it is. Each town is very unique from the last. Cosmo Canyon iand its occasional dust storms are a stark contract to the streets of Midgar. Upper Junon feels very much more like a military installation than Midgar as well.

-Sephiroth is very limited in what is shown of him until the Kalm flashback. Before this you only hear his voice or see glimpses of him during Clouds breakdowns.

-The HP shown during the state of play is not indicative of what their HP should/would be normally during those times. Simply for Dev showcasing.

-There will be demos on the game floor with PSN demo following shortly after for people at home directly after E3.(Playstation Plus required)

-Monster redesigns for a lot of the enemies but most will remain recognizable. Some do not make an appearance. For example there was no ghost enemies in the train yard.

-Shin-ra HQ wont have quite as many floors to explore but MORE to do on the floors you do go to so it still feels like your fighting through a lot to get to the top.

-The design for Tifa is also true to the original outfit, her face appears to be mostly similar to her Advent Children design but slightly more western. Materia also shows up on her gloves.

-Cait Sith seems to be pronounced "Ket" Sith but has undergone no major design overhaul. His fighting style is more close up, and does have his BARS for a LIMIT BREAK.

-Golden Saucer will have some games that are not playable(yet) because they are essentially replaying a part of a later story mission. Some will be playable right when you arrive. They want it to feel more grand and provide a break from the main story beats while still eventually having to incorporate the story into it later.

-Red XIII has clones Cobalt XIV and Indigo XV you must fight before he joins your party in Shin-ra HQ

-Cid does not appear to be smoking but you see evidence that he does. He is clearly upset with Shera but toned down the aggressiveness as they felt it was unnecessary.

-Yuffie and Vincent are no longer optional. You can miss them up until a certain point where they then become mandatory to get. You automatically get Yuffie if you have not gotten her before Rocket Town for example.

-Cloud will have a dress and wig in one particular scene. But its fade to black getting in/out of it.

-Honey Bee in requires GIL to get into instead of a membership card.

-Squatting mini-game returns.

-As these are FULL games each will be in fact priced at 59.99 USD

-Signals have gone out to retailers to prepare for pre-orders."

If it's fake, he did his homework.

Even the "new summon" makes a lot of sense:

-Amarok is a gigantic wolf from inuit mythology

-Cloud's fenrir emblem from AC?

-FF7 doesn't have a fenrir as an enemy, so I could see them add a wolf-like summon based on the fenrir emblem

-"causes darkness in addition to damage" well the name of the outfit is "cloudy wolf", I can kinda see how cloudy and the status effect darkness could be related

Getting hyped, it's finally happening :wow:

Still considering whether to go on Media Blackout for FF7 :lol:
So hyped

upload_2019-5-21_17-1-20.png

upload_2019-5-21_17-1-51.png

upload_2019-5-21_17-2-20.png

upload_2019-5-21_17-5-17.png

upload_2019-5-21_17-5-51.png

upload_2019-5-21_17-6-31.png

upload_2019-5-21_17-8-1.png

upload_2019-5-21_17-8-44.png

Some takeaways from Sony's meeting.

• Gaming easily Sony's most profitable arm.
  • They are not looking to get left behind when it comes to streaming. I actually think they're in a good position with their headstart and their patents from Onlive and Gaikai. Still though, competition will be tough.
  • Interesting that they mentioned 5G as one of the ways to make Playstation the best place to play. Looking forward to seeing how they will implement it.
  • Very impressive to see the growth of first party titles. Quite a few have hitt have hit the 10 million mark this gen with GOW being the latest. This bodes well for next gen. Uncharted 4 and Last of Us sales :wow:

GoW-PS4-Sales_05-20-19_Charts.jpg

get

Full Press Release and Slides:
https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/201905/19-045E/index.html
https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/irday/pdf/2019/GNS_E.pdf

despite the 120 dollar price point for the complete set...
...and the change in the battle system

i'm ALL in. I have 100% ffVII multiple times on multiple systems and the saga will continue.
if only we could get a remastered/remake of parasite eve and brave fencer musashi.

hopefully news on optional bosses and new, powerful weapons, armor, accessories and material will surface soon.

i'm all in.

upload_2019-5-21_17-40-4.png

upload_2019-5-21_17-40-38.png

upload_2019-5-21_17-41-57.png

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/05/20/playstation-productions-to-adapt-sonys-games-for-film-and-tv
https://www.techradar.com/news/playstation-productions-is-set-to-turn-your-top-ps4-games-into-movies

The Rock as Kratos, you heard it here first :lol:

I'm all up for it after what Sony Animation did with Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. It's about time Video game move is start doing better but Sonic is not helping.
Rumour is that there will be a Twisted Metal TV show. The last game didn't do too well but good to see that the IP is still relevant to Sony. This could be a way to resurrect other IP's

upload_2019-5-21_17-46-43.png

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2019/05/21/twisted-metal-tv-show-playstation-productions/

What would you guys like to see as movies or TV shows?

Uncharted, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Wipeout, Killzone etc.. could all make good TV shows/movies.

All that sounds good with FF VII but at the very least, I need a release date. I know that I'm going to play VII regardless, just get it released :lol:

My excitement for FF7 is back. But I know will die down when we hear the official release date lol.

Tbh if there is a demo available after E3, we might be closer than we think. Maybe January/February 2020?!?!

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom