The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

So is the story really trash or this just salty incels? Gonna start tonight :smh:

I feel like the incel types are mad at the LGBTQ stuff, not so much the direction of the story or whatever.

I'm just making an assumption, tho, I don't waste my time reading meta user reviews, :lol:

The game has weak writing so far IMO and I'm curious to see what people are saying once they get thru the entire game.

im enjoying TLOU2. i find it to be just like the first game with better graphics the mechanics are all still there with great story telling. I guess people are probably complaining about the story?? Im not going to read any of those reviews until i finish the game and see what ppl are complaining about.

I feel like the incel types are mad at the LGBTQ stuff, not so much the direction of the story or whatever.

I'm just making an assumption, tho, I don't waste my time reading meta user reviews, :lol:

The game has weak writing so far IMO and I'm curious to see what people are saying once they get thru the entire game.

yea i can understand your point especially with the letter gang stuff going on in the game. I really dont get why people dont like the writing i guess the first one set the standard to high.

Just came in to post this, see y'all in a week

IMG_20200619_190035.jpg

im enjoying TLOU2. i find it to be just like the first game with better graphics the mechanics are all still there with great story telling. I guess people are probably complaining about the story?? Im not going to read any of those reviews until i finish the game and see what ppl are complaining about.

yea i can understand your point especially with the letter gang stuff going on in the game. I really dont get why people dont like the writing i guess the first one set the standard to high.

People didn’t know what to expect from the first game it was a brand new ip that introduced us to great characters and setting. This game still has all that while feeling like something new/fresh and retains the same core gameplay. I’m loving it. To each their own I know many people that didn’t like the first game or thought it was wildly overrated and said the core story was basic.

Last edited:
As I get further, I'm starting to see where the complaints are coming from. Very interesting narrative choices made by Naughty Dog

I'm 10ish hours in, no spoilers:

First thing, the game is easily the best looking game on any console, ever. Masterclass.

@HYPR has some legit criticisms for sure, and I welcome you to check the spoilers when you are a few hours in. That said, hasn't taken away from my experience.

There have certainly been improvements to gameplay.

I'll weigh in again near or after I finish, but currently it has met my expectations and I am having an absolute blast.

Playing through on hard. Haven’t ran into anything too crazy. I mostly try to play in stealth but of course there have been a few parts where you have to go loud.

So far it has been a 10/10. I imagine I will be done next weekend sometime and I will provide my review then.

Back
Top Bottom