The Official Public Transportation Thread...

Montreal Public transportation system is very decent.

But like Drew said, singapoure is up there.

Same thing with Bangkok sky train

Sun Tran buses in Tucson for a few years was my only way of getting around. Now that I'm employed I haven't been on the bus in a while, might try it again next semester to save some gas though

I was in Chicago last week, of course I rode on the L train. 

It was pretty smooth. 
pimp.gif

Public transport in the US is trash other than NYC. SF, DC, Chicago, etc are mediocre at best. East Asia and Western Europe>>>>>The best overall I've been on is in Seoul. Extremely clean, quiet, zero ratchets, zero bums, connections to EVERYWHERE. Paris metro comes in at #2 for me only cause it's not as clean (but still tolerable unlike some NYC subway trains).NYC at #3 cause like the other 2, there are stops EVERYWHERE and runs 24/7 (but this convenience is negated by the amount of clowns and griminess on some of the late night trains)

Last edited:

Man I would wind up killing one of these round dudes on the green line if I had to ride it everyday. I go from southern ave to archives ..so I'm passing through the heart of SE ..that's easily the worst stretch on Metro.

Not to mention the constant delays ..
Southern Avenue used to me my nearest metro station, but we moved out to Largo in 09, so Largo Town Center is my nearest station. Furthermore, The green line is treacherous from Southern Avenue to Anacostia Station on rush hour in the evenings. SOME people that get on the trains/get off don't really have no regard to human life especially, these young dudes. It's really bad riding pass those stations on the weekends because it's pretty much a free for all for these young teens..smh! You really see the quality difference from people on each line for metro. It's actually mind boggling.

Damb.

I rode the SEPTA in Philadelphia this summer while my parents were using the rental car,...... I will complain about the buses back home again :x

I saw a man once get on during July 4th in NYC ad started vomiting for about 5 minutes. Started cutting his *** and he stayed on the train while his **** rolled down and across the cart

documentary on how car companies bought out and dismantled the lightrail/trolly systems in many American cities...
mean.gif

Last edited:
The 2 train is the most disgusting, vile train in all of NYC. 

I avoid it as much as possible; literally take longer routes, if it means not taking that train.

Last edited:
The 2 train is the most disgusting, vile train in all of NYC. 

I avoid it as much as possible; literally take longer routes, if it means not taking that train.
Na, the 4,5 and 6 in the morning heading down town or the A train make me want to fight all the teenagers and dumb *** people.

Last edited:
catching that 5 train at East 180th going express in the AM :smokin

knowing all the white people getting off at 110th the maximum and all the seats open up :smokin

the Silver Spring, MD Transit Center FINALLY opened earlier this week, five years and estimated somewhere between $50-80 million over budget...it was needed though because the bus station over at Wayne and Dixon was a nightmare...now we got cover in case its raining...
pimp.gif

Last edited:
had the pleasure of finally catching one of 7000 series cars on the green line while transferring at fort totten...only complaint is the flouresent lighting is very harsh one the eyes, the 1000 series cars have softer lighting (as noted below)...

Back
Top Bottom