**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Shouts
I Lost count how many hiphop related events I participated in but this has to be in my top five hands down. Timeless truth priceless f/ sean price video shoot. It was brick but we did the dam thing on the Brooklyn bridge and rocked you family and friends alike fans and on lookers had a great time. No beef no egos just mad fun.
Even tourist and walker by’s got in on the fun
Some even had on polo and joined in the festivities. Oh and on this cold *** day libations was on deck😂 the LO and 🥃 was everywhere
99969EEB-AADF-450C-8794-A5A233C15E3A.jpeg

The truth brothers (solace on the left,
just dropped a hot plate🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤)
672AB5D6-F13B-483D-BB4C-F949FB9E59AD.jpeg

Decepts and lo-life’s original nyc ****!!
L2r . Simie-lo,Krashone,Sean P!(ruckus) , thirstin howl the third (vic-lo) and rack-lo. And my dude esco (in the crazy crest robe)digging in the lo duffel to pull more crazy exclusives out.
7273F27A-F00F-4877-9C0F-1B73AEC5BC37.jpeg

Sean p krash and dj pf cuttin(that’s roc marcino on the far left) repping for the truth brothers
This was one of those gatherings that you saw lo you ain’t seen in years or never seen before.

2F905802-5A38-4951-8E27-153DE29A5ED0.jpeg

21 Mercer street. If you know then you know
That time I helped slum create his dunk I.D.’s (individual designs) lo-Down since forever

B76E81FB-4F0A-4DD8-8EB9-90998BED9E64.jpeg

The team has always been very supportive of each other before rap ****.
Boot camp 4 life
Decepts 2 death
The force magnum so you never forget
🤙🏾💜🤙🏾

Shout out Lou Esco! Shout out Oprime! Shout out Solace! Those cats.

LC........ this is fake ain’t it NT?
2A1726CA-511A-4B03-A42C-6710B8E345EE.jpeg

Negative. That is official tissue Ralph Lauren 'boat neck" collar sweater.

He ran with the boat neck hard late 80's early 90's. Hardly ever does, anymore. That particular crest didn't get used much, doesn't have a "street" name, and doesn't carry much weight besides clearly denoting that it is a "Polo" sweater, but no one is mad at it, either. Bid with confidence, but realize, you ain't come up on some vintage masterpiece, so bid price accordingly. Old school cats would use this as a "throw in" on another deal with "serious" pieces.

Usually has this type ribbed waist, too. Mainly found on OG Scribble Crest Sweaters.
m_5c901799aaa5b850d233f8fd.jpeg

Last edited:
Negative. That is official tissue Ralph Lauren 'boat neck" collar sweater.

He ran with the boat neck hard late 80's early 90's. Hardly ever does, anymore. That particular crest didn't get used much, doesn't have a "street" name, and doesn't carry much weight besides clearly denoting that it is a "Polo" sweater, but no one is mad at it, either. Bid with confidence, but realize, you ain't come up on some vintage masterpiece, so bid price accordingly. Old school cats would use this as a "throw in" on another deal with "serious" pieces.

Usually has this type ribbed waist, too. Mainly found on OG Scribble Crest Sweaters.
m_5c901799aaa5b850d233f8fd.jpeg

Got it for the low ......... said it’s a vintage piece ...... has old inside tags ................ Was kind of worried.

I appreciate the info my guy!!!

Update on Dive Charter shirt. Yes its screen printed and all patches are crispy.
I feel ashamed that Hilfiger has quality Polo once had.

IMG_20200809_002646.jpg

The back is screen printed. Wow.
IMG_20200809_002018.jpg

The patches are crispy and sewn nice.
IMG_20200809_001728.jpg

Quality is top of the top.
IMG_20200809_001030.jpg

Thank God people are sleeping.
IMG_20200809_001626.jpg

I will post suicide sweatshirt pics when it arrives.

Last edited:
Update on Dive Charter shirt. Yes its screen printed and all patches are crispy.
I feel ashamed that Hilfiger has quality Polo once had.

IMG_20200809_002646.jpg

The back is screen printed. Wow.
IMG_20200809_002018.jpg

The patches are crispy and sewn nice.

Original back patch was sewn back in the day. Disappointed to hear print now. But still a great find at price.

Edit:
Found an expired listing of original with pics.
1F3590DB-9DD5-4D89-8996-B489ED653C0B.png

E6595BA0-F50B-47AC-A74E-0EF9EBAD6D84.png
https://m.ebay.com.sg/itm/Tommy-Hil...8253852?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1#vi__app-cvip-panel

Last edited:
RicoSwa RicoSwa this is what I did to a 1988circle ski goose (Japanese version-only difference I could see was the neck tag and care label was one patch) I cut it the f**k up and made two shawls cause that’s what I wanted to do,yes I oxed a coveted grail oooooohhhh🙄. Long before retro Ralph I was ahead of the curve.
My guy polo Pirate 🏴‍☠️ (another heavy hitter not just lo but all this flyness we do) gifted me this goose. No stains no rips and no dam smells
8C5BC0FD-5AE7-4490-980D-623F87E0EAA3.jpeg

Chopping block it was. When I do customs I already have the idea 💡 but sometimes I just go in. ✂ I had two holiday 2010 released shawls ready
068B3E57-B8B4-408E-B593-E179917B0987.jpeg

Had a few extra original cookie patches so I was good (keep in mind this before any replicas was available) laid out what I was going do and went in.
6257A5E5-38F5-4771-8D6E-55DD6C8F26E8.jpeg

Pantoned it Touch up w/some acrylic paint for the polo USA sleeve strips. Heat set and applied the stripes to the arms and cookie to the chest
441821AF-A3B9-4E7F-9DA7-E4D33451900F.jpeg

Ox the circle ski man on the back and made a patch out of it. Made a border and used a thin felt for backing then applied it to the chest and cookie to the arm. Everything hand sewn 🧵.walah two warm fresh Shawls made out of one dope goose.all because I’m a creative Chop chop!!
DA1B0CDB-B3C8-4241-AF97-1FE8A3419B3E.jpeg

To rock at lo goose on the Duce to hang out w/ some friends and have some fun back in 2012
Ahead of the curve. Did you peep I used shawls /w the man & horse 🤔
Ralph wasn’t doin that and this is before the retro USA 🇺🇸 even came out.
Trend setter
Never a trend follower

😂😂😂😂 I’ve always hated the term “head” anything lo head ,sneaker head ect. It’s a derivative of crackhead and hop head sherm head ect and I’ve never been any of that. One time in Macy’s on 34th a associate said oh you one of them lo heads and a manger in the know said no he a rocker you can tell by the pieces he has on😳😂😂😂😂 I guess he told her.

Last edited:
1596468758230.png

Gonna screen print this to the back.

HURDLES 3.png

Official vintage Polo jacket. 25.00
Official polo graphic 0 dollars.
Custom is priceless.

jacket_hurdle-removebg-preview.png

Coming soon to my wardrobe.
1 of 1.

Official Polo Sport Hoodie. 89.00
Official Ralph Lauren Graphics 0.0
Screen print shop labor 30.00
sport_hood-removebg-preview.png

beams_back-removebg-preview.png

Coming to my wardrobe. 1 of 1
Javelin_hoodie_new-removebg-preview (1).png

beams_hoodie-removebg-preview (1).png

I want to see were this go’s Rico
So get to work!!!
Execute and attack your ideas 💡
I’m not a snowbeach stadium guy and I don’t like Mitch matche lo (88 cookies on 91 ski ect. The new bs that’s now the norm) but I seen you put up previous ideas (stop showing ya thoughts and just go in) control the narrative and catalog and document everything so you can tell your story 🤙🏾 #positvereinforcment
The sport hood is interesting (again imo mixed like that is a no go for me so stadiums under the sport tag 🏷 don’t rock for me....I said me so do you)
Now that martini bear sweater w/The bucket is genius (again keep them to yourself till the shots are fired) do that **** !!! Never worry about biters they a dime a dozen and Motivators to k.i.m and never stop creating new sh*t.
I’ll give you the perfect example
I have two home girls that get busy
Both are designers and one is a stylist (she did cam nutons lo cape for the met gala) and they was doing the face mask thing years ago(more than five) and now Ralph decides to do pre Oder mask 🤔😂😂😂😂
Look up “soleflower creations” and “a chick from Brooklyn styled you” on the gram they been getting busy.
Hop on that bear sweater though
I really want to see how that comes out.
🎨

Last edited:
RicoSwa RicoSwa
When the boxing 🥊 line came out I grab everything (still need the belt and duffel bag 💼
The grey jacket was dope but the “New York” back was not it (why it was not like the reversible jacket is beyond me) soooooo me being me I do what I do,Stay creative 🧵✂️
05170B28-B771-402A-9FAB-93CE8A535FBC.jpeg

When the tees went on sale I cop all Macy’s had at the time. They went down to $8.00 a shirt
34th Street be throwing pieces away you just have to catch them. Sold most of them but the few I kept was fodder for the slaughter
A off white /light cream felt for the glove 🥊 backing and cut out the letters.
1E209EBE-16AD-47F5-9528-865CD4D68711.jpeg

Just copied the same layout from the black jacket and bd shirt. Easy peasy 123
E757C57C-4336-4173-B376-AA711E036AA0.jpeg

Even if it’s a add on Stay creating new sh*t
never stop!

RicoSwa RicoSwa Before the retro thing.
I Cop some patches from thirst and some simple ****. Remember everything is hand sewn 🧵
Classic athletic sweater
I laid this......
7A958A5D-5310-4369-BE9B-D1CC16FF5CA8.jpeg

To rock w/these bo’s trainers
(most the time I design I’m on some outer ****. This was based on the insecticons)
00CFFC40-7A22-4B0D-812A-36785E4AFAFA.jpeg

FCCDBD8B-2C02-41F0-B493-D4A784B32A84.jpeg

To go to celebrate my brother and sister new addition at they baby shower (this wasn’t the industry one this was the for the family one)
We had a great time that night 🤙🏾💜🤙🏾
E9E75B74-BCDD-4579-BF81-48C7F8E81C7F.jpeg

More before the retro era
Classic style athletic rl sweater w/ applied 67/87 cross flag patch
ADC8FA6A-7A8E-42C1-8E72-9F4969F813A2.jpeg

Again before the retro
A very soft and light cotton version of the classic rl athlete sweater w/67/87 cross flag applied
C2334D72-81AC-4AD2-95A7-17776FAC4603.jpeg

Hmmmm is there a theme going on
Do you notice all the sweater have the man & horse?! Yup cause I didn’t care and still don’t.
This is back in 2010 no retros no re works just one of rl’s best creative years. Now look at the retros...they have m&h on them. I’m not mad,it differentiate from the originals but I peep game. Have fun with **** and Stay creative.

Aside of the lo lives acknowledgment. For those that say ralph wasnt influenced by the streets he’s using some of the names we gave these pieces for the retros. For example the streets named the winged foot “p wing” and the streets named the 5 horseman rugby the “5 horseman”. From what i remember the tag on the og 5 horseman called it the “palm beach rugby”, if memory serves me right.

I never heard anyone say Polo will NEVER be the same. I heard them say bring it back bring it back.
Go back to this and go back to that.
I am one that said it here too.

I am the first to realize it cannot and will not happen.
You will never get replicas of the classics because in life YOU CANNOT GO HOME AGAIN.
This is a different company now. It is a public company with thousands of employees.

They cannot go back to luxury sportswear because everything has to be cheaply enough made so it
can go to the outlets.

The dream is over. Collect because you like Polo, but the glory days ARE GONE FOREVER.
No replicas. Replicas will be too expensive to manufacture at that quality level.

They need you to buy that polyester heat press. Its less expensive and makes shareholders happy.
That cotton linen water proof stuff with bright colors and graphics is too damn expensive.
This new stuff is supposed to look good in pictures and go to the outlets.

THE DREAM of stitched letters and bright graphics is over.

A NEW COMPANY ARRIVED AFTER 1997. POLO WENT PUBLIC.
Ralph Lauren recently celebrated his 50th Anniversary. Polo is so much more than 9 years of a small, colorful, sportswear collection from 25 years ago.

After 1997, Ralph Lauren luxury sportswear did, and still continues to get better. The fabrics used from year to year are cutting always edge; They are breathable, lightweight, better insulated, combine tech such as monitoring live metrics like heart rate, self heating outerwear, integrated leds, and that's only the beginning.

RL never left luxury sportswear. They made it more luxurious and useful. The sportswear is made to Perform. Polo Sport, Polo Golf, RLX, and the ultimate luxury sportswear RLX/Purple Label all continue. You're correct that they can't go back; Nobody without a bolt-on flux capacitor can, not even Ralph. But your statement declaring that RL luxury sportswear is over is wrong. Luxury sportswear is far from over for Ralph Lauren.

Last edited:
RicoSwa RicoSwa this is what I did to a 1988circle ski goose (Japanese version-only difference I could see was the neck tag and care label was one patch) I cut it the f**k up and made two shawls cause that’s what I wanted to do,yes I oxed a coveted grail oooooohhhh🙄. Long before retro Ralph I was ahead of the curve.
My guy polo Pirate 🏴‍☠️ (another heavy hitter not just lo but all this flyness we do) gifted me this goose. No stains no rips and no dam smells
8C5BC0FD-5AE7-4490-980D-623F87E0EAA3.jpeg

Chopping block it was. When I do customs I already have the idea 💡 but sometimes I just go in. ✂ I had two holiday 2010 released shawls ready
068B3E57-B8B4-408E-B593-E179917B0987.jpeg

Had a few extra original cookie patches so I was good (keep in mind this before any replicas was available) laid out what I was going do and went in.
6257A5E5-38F5-4771-8D6E-55DD6C8F26E8.jpeg

Pantoned it Touch up w/some acrylic paint for the polo USA sleeve strips. Heat set and applied the stripes to the arms and cookie to the chest
441821AF-A3B9-4E7F-9DA7-E4D33451900F.jpeg

Ox the circle ski man on the back and made a patch out of it. Made a border and used a thin felt for backing then applied it to the chest and cookie to the arm. Everything hand sewn 🧵.walah two warm fresh Shawls made out of one dope goose.all because I’m a creative Chop chop!!
DA1B0CDB-B3C8-4241-AF97-1FE8A3419B3E.jpeg

To rock at lo goose on the Duce to hang out w/ some friends and have some fun back in 2012
Ahead of the curve. Did you peep I used shawls /w the man & horse 🤔
Ralph wasn’t doin that and this is before the retro USA 🇺🇸 even came out.
Trend setter
Never a trend follower

😂😂😂😂 I’ve always hated the term “head” anything lo head ,sneaker head ect. It’s a derivative of crackhead and hop head sherm head ect and I’ve never been any of that. One time in Macy’s on 34th a associate said oh you one of them lo heads and a manger in the know said no he a rocker you can tell by the pieces he has on😳😂😂😂😂 I guess he told her.

That white goose. I been searching for that in an XXL for ever. Damn. That is OFFICIAL.
Customs are official. Its all Ralph product. The shawls and patches are all Ralph so its an OFFICIAL piece.

It’s the subtle obscure differences that differentiates the originals from a custom. Looking at krash’s kreations the polo dna transmits thru every choice as if the piece is merging it’s own origin story with the kreator’s. he’s in a way saying to the design house no I won’t do what should be done, I will do what they say shouldn’t be done and then lets the piece do the talking for itself. originality is the currency, respect is the receipt, and sorry no exchanges or returns accepted so you better come correct when purchasing from this department.

Last edited:
Aside of the lo lives acknowledgment. For those that say ralph wasnt influenced by the streets he’s using some of the names we gave these pieces for the retros. For example the streets named the winged foot “p wing” and the streets named the 5 horseman rugby the “5 horseman”. From what i remember the tag on the og 5 horseman called it the “palm beach rugby”, if memory serves me right.
Cookie,uni,sui (suicide) scribble,cross flag
Paddle (cross paddles) police (cop badge)
Life saver....I can keep going on and on came directly from the streets. 20+ years later rl acknowledges.....ohh but were are those even this thread that was saying things like “lo life’s did nothing for rl” “the streets did nothing for rl” “y’all taking yourself to Seriously if you think some ‘boosters’ from Brooklyn helped rl doing anything” blah blah blah.
Were are the nay sayers that wasn’t there or born at??? After rl did the recent campaign w/ thirst (one of the original founders of lo life’s ) and photographer Tom Gould (also a lo life New Zealand 🇳🇿 chapter) I don’t hear **** from these weren’t even there and couldn’t survive the days and times big mouths. Nothing but crickets 🦗. Sometimes you got to “show and prove” to ah mouther****er. 🤙🏾

Ralph Lauren recently celebrated his 50th Anniversary. Polo is so much more than 9 years of a small, colorful, sportswear collection from 25 years ago.

After 1997, Ralph Lauren luxury sportswear did, and still continues to get better. The fabrics used from year to year are cutting always edge; They are breathable, lightweight, better insulated, combine tech such as monitoring live metrics like heart rate, self heating outerwear, integrated leds, and that's only the beginning.

RL never left luxury sportswear. They made it more luxurious and useful. The sportswear is made to Perform. Polo Sport, Polo Golf, RLX, and the ultimate luxury sportswear RLX/Purple Label all continue. You're correct that they can't go back; Nobody without a bolt-on flux capacitor can, not even Ralph. But your statement declaring that RL luxury sportswear is over is wrong. Luxury sportswear is far from over for Ralph Lauren.
say it again
for some of us this thing of ours started in the early 80’s .... I have been trying to stop ever since 😂😂 I’m like I’m done then I see something and I’m like oohhhhhh😳😮🤯....

That white goose. I been searching for that in an XXL for ever. Damn. That is OFFICIAL.
Customs are official. Its all Ralph product. The shawls and patches are all Ralph so its an OFFICIAL piece.
I had most of the gooses and vest back then.
If you notice most pieces from the 80’s really didn’t go pass XL but the cut would be all over the place. I could be wrong I don’t remember seeing any XXL in those (1986-1989) goose’s
Biggest was XL.
I would get off my overnight gig and be all over the garment district at every spot you could think of, leather,zippers,buttons all kinds of textiles cause it’s all relative.
Remember “you” make this sh*t official
This sh*t doesn’t make “you” official
Stay creative ✊🏾

It’s the subtle obscure differences that differentiates the originals from a custom. Looking at krash’s kreations the polo dna transmits thru every choice as if the piece is merging it’s own origin story with the kreator’s. he’s in a way saying to the design house no I won’t do what should be done, I will do what they say shouldn’t be done and let the piece do the talking for itself. originality is the currency, respect is the receipt, and sorry no exchanges or returns accepted so you better come correct when purchasing from this department.
Truth on truth
March to the beat of your own drum 🥁

Those are crazy :pimp:
Thank you 🤙🏾🎨 appreciate it🤲🏾

Last edited:
When these Jessy Owens adidas dropped a lot of heads not all that was on vga (vintage gear addicts) was saying the stupidest **** pertaining these kicks
“Yo those are fake lo kicks” “yo adidas are biting off of Lo w/ the foot and wing” “them ****s wack” yadda yadda yadda😂😂 a few of those dummy are even on this sight now. 👋🏾👋🏾 Hi stupid 😂😂😂
Leather mesh suede.... these are a things of beauty. The Zx 800 model is one of my fave track and field shoe (gooogle zx800 boba fett 😳😮🤯)

735693A0-17F5-4C81-96FD-24E381007A6C.jpeg

I digg for lo like I digg for records...I go in.century 21 by the twin towers used to have nothing but goodies. Trooping trough the city one day I stop in and they must have done inventory cause they had racks on racks of sport items this is at least five years after the line was discontinued. Everything marked down to pennies (I got a lot of sport pieces like this from various store closings) this tee is one of them.
928E318C-5128-4609-82BE-0B467C8D8A8B.jpeg

Again them wheels in my head start turning
I wanted to make a lo jacket commemorating
Jessy Owens. Again a random find coped from
Filene’s basements that was on 6th ave
Un branded Olympic big pony mesh track jacket(still when the big pony was something)
Then I found a embroidery/patch maker in the garment district just walking by and in the when do there was samples of the work and some of the patches looked a little lo-ish
And they had a k-Swiss one on the sample bord
now peep this out not only did the samples look lo-ish it was LO!! Around this time it was fashion week and they was doing mock ups for RL when he first started doing the metal crest patches/badges. So I got some Swiss shield ones done (see above pick
also in the pick is my first lo patch I ever made in the upper left of the pic I still have that scribble patch)
they came out great.
2A260529-3DC0-4CF8-BA79-F9409F3AD466.jpeg

Also got the number patches from the garment district again used some red felt for backing.
I own nothing from the recent stadium games line (that line has a lot of new classics) cause they didn’t rock it right
First they did not even do anything w/ the Owens estate (stop...think about how phenomenal that would have been) and then do the utter disrespectful thing as to make graphics of Jessy photographs, reversed them and make them look like punk *** Obama!!! G t f o h!
If I ever get any of those pieces I will be darkening them up acrylic style.
Stay creative 🎨

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom