**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Polo had a couple or three selvedge jeans from a "Worldwide Denim Project" a while back that are decent. Japanese, Italian, and US Selvedge IIRC.

RRL is decent too so I hear.

PRPS makes some good denim too IMHO.

But the GOAT is Levi's for me....all things considered.
Ya rrl and prps are dope. Need to tailor my prps pair.

The raw RRL stuff flies off shelves and the website, atleast in my size. Can never go wrong with a simple pair of Levi's but the Japanese brand options are endless

If u mess with raw denim, the RRL selvedge jeans are where it's at.
I personally hated my RRLs when I had em. Ended up giving my pair away to my homie after not really seeing any progress in my fades.

The fit was also just okay to me (slim narrow).

I'm personally much more into Nudies.

Last edited:
I persoy hated my RRLs when I had em. Ended up giving my pair away to my homie after not really seeing any progress in my fades.

Totally forgot about Nudies.

Always heard they were great jeans but the folks that told me that also said they never washed them / put them in the freezer to "clean" them. :sick:

Totally forgot about Nudies.

Always heard they were great jeans but the folks that told me that also said they never washed them / put them in the freezer to "clean" them. :sick:
There are just so many options in terms of cuts for nudies it can be a bit overwhelming but they really offer something for everyone imo. I haven't washed my most recent raws from them but I have some non selvedge stuff that has washed without issue.

Yeah Nudies actually recommends to not was your denim for 6 months to a year.
Washing too early (or at all really) ****s the fade up. There's people who go years without washing their denim. They need the wear to show jussssssttttttt right

EDIT: Freezer thing supposed to kill bacteria and eliminate odors

Ralph is moving towards Unisex collections this Summer. I personally don't like this. There's something special about the masculinity of men's clothing, and moreover; something beautiful about the femininity of women's clothing. I really hope that RL stops this asap.
This isn’t a RL thing. Fashion industry in general is moving more androgynous

I personally hated my RRLs when I had em. Ended up giving my pair away to my homie after not really seeing any progress in my fades.

Yeah RRL raw denim takes a while to wear in and start fading. In my opinion that's a good thing because I've found that they last way longer than other raw denim (*cough apc)

Washing too early (or at all really) ****s the fade up. There's people who go years without washing their denim. They need the wear to show jussssssttttttt right

EDIT: Freezer thing supposed to kill bacteria and eliminate odors

Tried this with some (non-selvedge) Polo jeans after the Nudie folks put me on.

Instead of the wear showing just right - ended up with an odor just ripe.

Put them in my freezer to "clean" them and ended up with funky denim flavored ice cubes.

Maybe it only works for selvedge?

My pair of RRL slim fit, worn on and off since 2008

Attachments

• EFCDBB41-FFC6-4C8F-BE89-B0BEB48446D3.jpeg
    EFCDBB41-FFC6-4C8F-BE89-B0BEB48446D3.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 300172A8-E9A0-42D0-BBEA-EC345F3E4082.jpeg
    300172A8-E9A0-42D0-BBEA-EC345F3E4082.jpeg
    380 KB · Views: 115
Freezing jeans is a dumb myth
Doesn’t work

hand wash if they are raw/indigo and you want deep specific fades related to the way YOU wear your jeans

if you don’t care about them ugly stripes and **** you get on your jeans by machine washing then by all means do you

if you doing all that extra work for a pair of NON selvedge NON raw denim you’re wasting your time.. nothing gonna happen

Dry cleaning them is the way to go. Not often but maybe once or twice every year or so. Not for everyone I know but if u want ur raw denim coming out correct. The more messed up & dirty they are the better they come out.

Back
Top Bottom