**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Fall 2017-Spring 2018 is shaping up to be RL's most anticipated year ever

Here's the Fair Isle Bear Sweater that's been floated around by many Polo loyalists

The fair isle pattern on this sweater is SO GOOD. I'm not into the bear, but I won't miss this one since the fair isle and the cityscape look so amazing.

The 2017 P Wing Collection is weeks away. These will be gone at retail prices.

Last edited:
Why must they always put these polo bears on white tee shirts? 

Any news if next months will be colored or not? 

Here's the Fair Isle Bear Sweater that's been floated around by many Polo loyalists

The fair isle pattern on this sweater is SO GOOD. I'm not into the bear, but I won't miss this one since the fair isle and the cityscape look so amazing.

The official name is 'Bearisle Sweater'. It also features a rear perspective of the bear on the back of the sweater which hasn't been done. Definitely picking this one up!

Agreed, this one is butter. Will def grab this at retail.

The official name is 'Bearisle Sweater'. It also features a rear perspective of the bear on the back of the sweater which hasn't been done. Definitely picking this one up!

Any idea on the price?

Are most predicting that the bear sweater will sell out at retail price? In the past Bear sweaters made it to 50% + discount..

Man, I think some of y'all would cry when if I told you how much that stadium piece is going to cost...
There's going to be a lot of the Stadium stuff that will be on the higher end price point. To keep it as close to the original as possible, it takes various screens for printing, materials were harder to source, etc... There will also be Stadium pieces exclusive to certain stores.
B

There's going to be a lot of the Stadium stuff that will be on the higher end price point. To keep it as close to the original as possible, it takes various screens for printing, materials were harder to source, etc... There will also be Stadium pieces exclusive to certain stores.
B

While as I agree with most of what's been said here, I differ in your reasoning as to why the upcoming Stadium pieces will carry the luxury price points.

As a brand—Ralph Lauren being the purveyor of the finest quality—all brands archive their designs so the files are safely kept for cataloging somewhere safe. The process for screen printing is cents on the dollar and less by volume. The price lies in the quality and demand. RL knows that these pieces are highly coveted. Rereleasing them for their original price point wouldn't make sense for a resell value 3-5x that. So it's a top-down approach which other brands like Jordan/Nike screw up royally. RL is giving those same classic designs with an ultra lux execution from their top tier which commands the highest price. That way, they command the get the highest profit (profit margin), demand ensures a proper sell through, and they close the gap between retail and resell.

Other brands will rerelease the same designs with cheaper quality and higher prices = poor value and unhappy customers. I haven't bought Jordans in years for that reason alone.

Also...

This is not a polo. It's actually a short sleeve sweater[emoji]128293[/emoji]

Last edited:
^i noticed that when the pics were first leaked. The waistband is what gave it away to me.

While as I agree with most of what's been said here, I differ in your reasoning as to why the upcoming Stadium pieces will carry the luxury price points.

As a brand—Ralph Lauren being the purveyor of the finest quality—all brands archive their designs so the files are safely kept for cataloging somewhere safe. The process for screen printing is cents on the dollar and less by volume. The price lies in the quality and demand. RL knows that these pieces are highly coveted. Rereleasing them for their original price point wouldn't make sense for a resell value 3-5x that. So it's a top-down approach which other brands like Jordan/Nike screw up royally. RL is giving those same classic designs with an ultra lux execution from their top tier which commands the highest price. That way, they command the get the highest profit (profit margin), demand ensures a proper sell through, and they close the gap between retail and resell.

Other brands will rerelease the same designs with cheaper quality and higher prices = poor value and unhappy customers. I haven't bought Jordans in years for that reason alone.

Also...

I agree.

Looks like it's completely cashmere with woven/knit designs, not screen printed graphics...which is why there appears to be a lack of detail compared to the OG. One of my Purple Label Spring cashmere sweaters has woven patterns and retailed over $2,500.
I would expect the Purple Label Stadium Tops to be in the $1,500-$2,500 range if they are full cashmere.

My whole crib is Lo beared out

Most my son and I's bear pieces are hanging outside the closet

My whole bathroom is Lo'd out too but I didn't take a pic (my son left his bath toys all over the place lol)

So yeah.. I def need those new bear pieces that are dropping.

I also didn't know the outlet was dropping a new piece monthly. I randomly went in and bought the tennis one the other week but gotta say the quality isn't up to par like past bear shirts

Also...

I agree, and that is a large part of the higher price - not enough volume is being ordered. RL is underestimating the interest in these older pieces and lines.
It's been a struggle for the powers that be to "get it" and trying to explain to them that although it has been 25 years, there are die hard Polo heads that will line up for this release.

^dope!

Hope you dont keep your knits on hangers tho!
Thanks! Yeah they're on hangers... I didn't think too much of it. I got the bear sweater that has the shades on from the outlet a few months and it was on a hanger there. They're still brand new unworn minus the red one but that's an older piece.

I got the rugs/throw pillows custom made with the bears about a year ago to compliment my RL obsession cuz that's all I wear. I was gonna go with the horses but I felt it was too cliche because I saw a pic that went viral of a tacky RL inspired bathroom that had the horses all over it so I took it a step above and went with the bears since there's more swag to em
@dakidbanks Are you getting the bear Collis slippers or the Purple Label bear stuff?
Are the slippers apart of the upcoming selection? That PL bear stuff looks great but I see a lot of stuff I'm eyeing outside of the bear stuff.

I'd love to get em all but I'm only gonna get what I can afford lol I'm definitely getting something out of that PL slection though

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah they're on hangers... I didn't think too much of it. I got the bear sweater that has the shades on from the outlet a few months and it was on a hanger there. They're still brand new unworn minus the red one but that's an older piece.

I got the rugs/throw pillows custom made with the bears about a year ago to compliment my RL obsession cuz that's all I wear. I was gonna go with the horses but I felt it was too cliche because I saw a pic that went viral of a tacky RL inspired bathroom that had the horses all over it so I took it a step above and went with the bears since there's more swag to em

Are the slippers apart of the upcoming selection? That PL bear stuff looks great but I see a lot of stuff I'm eyeing outside of the bear stuff.

I'd love to get em all but I'm only gonna get what I can afford lol I'm definitely getting something out of that PL slection though

:smh: the outlets had em on hangers? You should fold em cuz the hangers gonna have the shoulders looking all messed up.

:smh: the outlets had em on hangers? You should fold em cuz the hangers gonna have the shoulders looking all messed up.

Yup they had em on the hangers in the rear of the store. I got that particular sweater for $40 too.. definitely a steal

Back
Top Bottom