**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

IMG_5279.JPG
XL.. TOO BIG NEEDED A L .. FOLLOW MY IG https://www.instagram.com/blink_yung/

Jimmyjazzstores has an event going right now looks like at the 125th one w RL they're showing off the stadium pieces on they're ig story

Jimmyjazzstores has an event going right now looks like at the 125th one w RL they're showing off the stadium pieces on they're ig story
was there a few days ago. They had a couple new joints (the patchwork hoodie and the camo cardigan).

About the stadium collection.

I think polo loyalist need to take deep breath and consider the facts. RL is now has a good handle on thr fast fashion manufacturing model. This is why all of your "limited edition" bear shirts and hoodies keep being printed on white and grey shirts. Take a look at the what they call patchwork colorblocked hoodie, and l/s and s/s tees. These were sold out in everysize but small on .com, but magically Urban outfitters has full size runs instock, followd by RL showing full size runs. RL produces, sells out, and the producrs again-fast...and the cycle continues.

There's no way RL is leaving all this retro money on the table when they know these customers are ready to throw it all at them. I think that RL will do the initial launch, watch resell values for a week or two, and then keep releasing small size runs again and again until certain products start to sit for more than a day. They could use this to drive sales for the brand through the end of sprong 18. RL isn't dumb. They can produce this stuff and have it on racks faster tmand cheaper than they ever have been able to before. They will find a way
to collect all of the money that's waiting for them.

All this stuff is listed as "oversized classic fit". Gonna be hard enough to cop, now not even sure what size i need.

SMB- I've had the same thinking. They pump faked hard on those martini bears last year. People were paying $100-$200 over retail when .com sold out. I ended up copping for $100 something on clearance. Only problem is, you wont know for sure until its too late. As careful as they been about whoring out their classic lines, i could definitely see a few items being limited to the initial drop. It seems the pwing items are making it to plenty of other retailers tho.

Last edited:
About the stadium collection.

I think polo loyalist need to take deep breath and consider the facts. RL is now has a good handle on thr fast fashion manufacturing model. This is why all of your "limited edition" bear shirts and hoodies keep being printed on white and grey shirts. Take a look at the what they call patchwork colorblocked hoodie, and l/s and s/s tees. These were sold out in everysize but small on .com, but magically Urban outfitters has full size runs instock, followd by RL showing full size runs. RL produces, sells out, and the producrs again-fast...and the cycle continues.

There's no way RL is leaving all this retro money on the table when they know these customers are ready to throw it all at them. I think that RL will do the initial launch, watch resell values for a week or two, and then keep releasing small size runs again and again until certain products start to sit for more than a day. They could use this to drive sales for the brand through the end of sprong 18. RL isn't dumb. They can produce this stuff and have it on racks faster tmand cheaper than they ever have been able to before. They will find a way
to collect all of the money that's waiting for them.

I agree that it is time for sober thinking. I think Polo loyalists have gone into a collective funk once they learned that Stadium pieces will only be released at 4 stores nationwide. The grieving on instagram is quite the spectacle. Dudes that schemed and plotted and saved money are now in a reflective, melancholy mood.

With that said, it should be noted that multiple RL stores across the country had Stadium collections in the stock room but were ordered to send all product back to corporate in New York. Why, you ask? Because we have been phone bombing RL stores for the last 1-2 months! "Are you getting the Stadium collection?" The company, overwhelmed, dismayed (and disturbed) by the demand said, "We gotta rethink this! How are we going to roll this out?" They have never had to deal with hyped/hypebeast/Supreme style/camping out for Jordans type of releases before.

We all know that exclusivity is the rally cry of brands now. Hype it up on multimedia platforms, leak a few images to insiders and watch the masses salivate. You say that RL is using the fast fashion playbook? Well, they have also taken a few plays from Supreme; Supreme only has a handful of stores worldwide. They release in=store and online. RL is no different.

Bottom line: RL will release at 4 stores and the rest on line.

Imo i think that Ralph might end up putting out more Pwing items in the future. Look at when they first launched the bring it back campaign and put out the limited bear, after they seen the want for it they started cranking out bear items every season until finally in 2017 the outlets are flooded with bear items (again). I really think this release might put the Pwing on a similar trajectory. The stadium stuff im not so sure about.

So it seems Jimmy Jazz may be carrying the stadium line? According to Andy that’s what it seems like...going to get on the phone tomorrow and confirm ...there’s still hope..lol

Attachments

• B0980126-AB55-4A27-9E29-D29708D81DEC.png
    B0980126-AB55-4A27-9E29-D29708D81DEC.png
    959.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 614F5AB2-AA95-4BDB-935F-83170960E4AD.png
    614F5AB2-AA95-4BDB-935F-83170960E4AD.png
    955.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 9F8905AB-1D92-4102-9154-778973AEFBB9.png
    9F8905AB-1D92-4102-9154-778973AEFBB9.png
    959.4 KB · Views: 23
Lets take the focus off of the stadium collection for a min. The second edition of Bury Me With Lo On is available for preorder. The projected ship date is December 2017. The price has gone up from the first edition and I am not sure why the shipping price is so high....

http://burymewiththeloon.com/#book

Attachments

• buryme_01_2.jpg
    buryme_01_2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom