**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

stupid price. the **** are they thinking
Screenshot_20190118-125229_Instagram.jpg

Need

Key west,life gard and fly fishing ect lines got so many under the radar piece. I would come up on them from stores like syms,Burlington (back when they sold lo,)Filene’s basement,Tj maxx Marshall’s.This is long before the peanut gallery knew these stores even existed. “I never knew they Made that for this line “ was a second language. Lol
Got a few Key West & Life Guard pieces but always looking for more out in the wild. Definitely a low key line but I like the different details the pieces come with. I was racking from Ross & Burlington in the 90’s also the infamous price tag switching used to run rampid till they finally cracked down on it by the 2000’s. I remember walking out with Polo Sport jackets for $12.99 and little Philipino lady’s working the register not even trippin’. Good times.

got 30% coupon at the polo outlets plus the store got up to 60% off... going to check it out after work... see if i can get some good deals on winter gear

not looking for the tracksuit just saying in general looking for good deals there

Last edited:
Ralph Lauren Corp. is stuck with so much inventory right now that they are releasing new items at 30% off right now, and stacking an extra 40% off sale prices. The resellers that cant sell what they have are going to send what they're hoarding back for refunds and make it even worse for Ralph, who still has to sell the Spring collections.
On top on the price cuts, RL is toying with inventory numbers daily to make it appear as if items are selling out only to have full size runs show up 24 to 48 hours later. I'm going to love seeing what's left when I'm ready to start buying.

Ralph Lauren Corp. is stuck with so much inventory right now that they are releasing new items at 30% off right now, and stacking an extra 40% off sale prices. The resellers that cant sell what they have are going to send what they're hoarding back for refunds and make it even worse for Ralph, who still has to sell the Spring collections.
On top on the price cuts, RL is toying with inventory numbers daily to make it appear as if items are selling out only to have full size runs show up 24 to 48 hours later. I'm going to love seeing what's left when I'm ready to start buying.
Everything’s so watered down and over saturated, it’s beyond me how people can still get excited for retro Polo pieces knowing the quality is most likely garbage, stock numbers are through the roof on most pieces and the designs resemble bootlegs of the originals..I’m still a willing costumer no doubt, but I’ve been finding it difficult to get excited, I’ve also been reluctant to buy “decent” pieces at 75% off because then I’ll be forced to wear it knowing I don’t love it. I’ve purchased a couple of vintage pieces off eBay and a couple of RRL pieces just to keep the fire burning

Unless you have access to inventory, tough to say they have more or less than usual.

Their pricing strategy was to jack up prices, take advantage of "gotta have now" folks on release and then try to sell more volume to a diminishing sales base by using discounts. (Folks tend to spend more when they feel getting a deal.)

We will know more next earnings call, but I've seen folks say this before and their numbers weren't any different than previous years. I do think they are jamming distro with alot of product, but I don't think they will show any atypical increase in inventory.

got 30% coupon at the polo outlets plus the store got up to 60% off... going to check it out after work... see if i can get some good deals on winter gear

Stopped down and grabbed the japanese denim sherpa trucker jacket normally $399 was marked down to $199 plus 30% off came to $139! Also got a price adjustment on the green snorkel i purchased ended up paying $105 for it all said and done (original price is $399)

Attachments

• 45D97172-8AE2-457B-8012-02950C92B575.jpeg
    45D97172-8AE2-457B-8012-02950C92B575.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 41
  • B27A4F17-D5F3-4E72-8CC1-1AAC0D4C2A9B.jpeg
    B27A4F17-D5F3-4E72-8CC1-1AAC0D4C2A9B.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
:smh: So if you got Netflix peep this comedy.
Season 1 Episode 3 of this show...

This guy Slobby gets over on this dude selling him like $600 (maybe) worth of Polo for $2,200. Besides maybe one or two items everything was used eBay specials (flag sweater & sweatshirt,polo sport collard shirt that goes for like $15,ect...) and some memorabilia items. Hearing the dude run game and give false information on the pieces was funny and sad at the same time.
Dude who has the show is a total money hungry douche but he’s stacking off it. He even exposes on the show how he make insane profit off each customer. If you bored just check that first 10
Or 15 minutes of that episode for the hilarity.:lol:

Also saw this on the gram. Somewhere in New York...
78FFBA45-E146-49C4-8AA2-BD2147E3E35B.jpeg

64EBF840-7C64-45ED-B9CE-2AD1E4C00001.png

86A3DFF8-22CE-4A09-8B86-AC6AE7E26C76.png

73823DC5-796A-44DA-A7CC-F1AC80620682.png

Last edited:
Everything’s so watered down and over saturated, it’s beyond me how people can still get excited for retro Polo pieces knowing the quality is most likely garbage, stock numbers are through the roof on most pieces and the designs resemble bootlegs of the originals..I’m still a willing costumer no doubt, but I’ve been finding it difficult to get excited, I’ve also been reluctant to buy “decent” pieces at 75% off because then I’ll be forced to wear it knowing I don’t love it. I’ve purchased a couple of vintage pieces off eBay and a couple of RRL pieces just to keep the fire burning
All of this is true. These days I watch from the sidelines and pick up things that I haven't yet marked of my wishlist when I see them. The excitement about the brand is great, and I enjoy practicing in it. But the allure of the classic items is slowly going away.

Unless you have access to inventory, tough to say they have more or less than usual.

Their pricing strategy was to jack up prices, take advantage of "gotta have now" folks on release and then try to sell more volume to a diminishing sales base by using discounts. (Folks tend to spend more when they feel getting a deal.)

We will know more next earnings call, but I've seen folks say this before and their numbers weren't any different than previous years. I do think they are jamming distro with alot of product, but I don't think they will show any atypical increase in inventory.
You make some great points for conversation, but I've watched this RL thing for quite a while. There is definitely much more inventory than usual, and this is obvious without obtaining the manufacturering reports from corporate. You are correct that Earnings should not change, and that's expected since the MSRP has doubled/tripled on clothing constructed of cheaper materials. My point is that warehouse space is limited as is retail floor space, and both RL and the department stores must sell this stuff. You even have stores like Saks5thAve pre-selling items so they don't have to store hold them. On the RL side, there hasn't been this much overlap in Fall, Winter, and Spring ever, and everything is on sale from old to new. Yes the pricing strategy is a large factor, but it's obvious that RL is pressed to move inventory to make room for thier next big, strategically priced, thing. More discounts will be applied to help RL achieve this, which is always the last thing they want to do.

Enjoying the conversation fellas... got some major plans for the year so taking off shopping in 2019, but I come in here to live through you guys.
Im saving for a house but the clearance prices keep reeling me in. Every time i swipe my card i say "im done", well...
Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 8.52.41 AM.png

My size had been sold out on these 3 items i've had my eye on, and this morning they popped back up. Needless to say, but they are on the way! :smh:

This guy Slobby gets over on this dude selling him like $600 (maybe) worth of Polo for $2,200. Besides maybe one or two items everything was used eBay specials (flag sweater & sweatshirt,polo sport collard shirt that goes for like $15,ect...) and some memorabilia items. Hearing the dude run game and give false information on the pieces was funny and sad at the same time.
Dude who has the show is a total money hungry douche but he’s stacking off it. He even exposes on the show how he make insane profit off each customer. If you bored just check that first 10

Wow Just wow both of these guys are clowns dude dropped 2200 on pure garbage but hey one mans trash is another mans treasure

This dude looks sleazy af. Sleazier than the fiend that offered me a 26 of vodka for two dimes a few weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom