**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

The Hi Tech line was missing a yellow and red nylon
jacket. This colorway pops the most with this line.
Patched and no vinyl heat pressed branding.

yellow_tech-removebg-preview.png

yellow_2-removebg-preview.png

hitech_girl-removebg-preview.png

The yellow pops the red on the hi tech line.
Aesthetics. Patched and no extra branding.
There are rules to each line and I wont give away any more.

red yellow tech.png

1593339163429.png

Last edited:
I don't think Polo could handle me doing a line and runway show.

1593346574666.png

They dont really want me bringing young people back to this brand.

young money.jpg

The Fresh Prince of Brooklyn Heights upbringing is too much. See yall Next Week.

Last edited:
I heard on the news the entire retail fashion industry is taking this tact, and that those huge 'Rona sales everybody was waiting on is type no go. Basically, they said, "We ain't givin' away sh*t". We'll sit on it, first."
They going to have to give something to Macy’s and bloomingdales You would think those guys expecting orders to be filled

The Hi Tech line was missing a yellow and red nylon
jacket. This colorway pops the most with this line.
Patched and no vinyl heat pressed branding.

yellow_tech-removebg-preview.png

yellow_2-removebg-preview.png

hitech_girl-removebg-preview.png

The yellow pops the red on the hi tech line.
Aesthetics. Patched and no extra branding.
There are rules to each line and I wont give away any more.

yellow hi-tech dope af
that patch completes the look imo

ralph, make it happen

Meanwhile... been snagging subtle joints here and there.
301D563C-08B0-489F-A9D9-C24DED528E78.jpeg
9A259577-A383-40F5-8EE7-EB9788D65266.jpeg

Remember how I said I walked past the power pieces back in the days and got subtle joints that I could freak for longer with more fits back in the college days? The white pullover is the epitome of how I rocked it back then. All Lo Sport label was not the same. Some was made dirt cheap and flimsy, some was on a higher level. This is rip-stop nylon. This is also were I got my love of unlined nylon pullovers and how I could understand what Ralphy was doing with that new Easter 1992 joint he dropped. Most thought it was too thin, I just thought it was old school Ralph.

Red joint in the middle is my own creation. Make Ralph in my own image. Copped these circa '91 joints;
Hi Tech shorts.jpg

Hi Tech Country Patch.jpg

Copped this 2020 Pocket Tee;
Pocket Tee.jpg

Oxed the pocket off the shirt and the patch off the shorts and made the above in the middle. cut the built-in underwear out of the trunks and rock as shorts around the house. Ralphy won't feed me properly? I'll learn to fish.

Last joint... man... it deserves it's own thread. The Windsurfer Tee. A hunt 12 years in the making. Finding the size, the condition, finding one at all; the thrill is definitely in the hunt. This would only pop up about every three or four years at all, and then not in my sizes. When it would, it would be $250 dollars or gone when I decided to hold my nose and pay. FInally, last month, on what I call a "deep search", (block off about 5-6 hours and into the wee hours of the night), I found this "out there" in London, for only $80 Pound sterling. ($110.00 US). Just sitting there. Had been posted about a month, unnoticed, and oddly titled. (Seriously, the post title was "Ralph lauren Polo sport rare as**** windsurfer tee". LOL!) Thought it was an old dead link still showing as available and that I had already clicked on it. Click anyway, got my mouse set to click off, and... WHOA. Is this live? Long story short, it now hangs behind me as I type.

90% of my personal "grails" are now in my closet. Still hunting this, (the "rubberized" version, although I do have the nylon "Golf" version);

33c200i-white rubberized hi-tech rainjacket.jpg

89262146_885802288528166_7832660015208171259_n.jpg

My uncle Ralph gave us all so MANY lanes to drive down.

My grail is NOT your grail!

Last edited:
I heard on the news the entire retail fashion industry is taking this tact, and that those huge 'Rona sales everybody was waiting on is type no go. Basically, they said, "We ain't givin' away sh*t". We'll sit on it, first."
Yes, and at recent investors conferences RL also stated that their strategy going forward is "full price sell through". They want products selling at full price and are slow to do markdowns. Polo Sport is a great example; nearly all of the Polo Sport fleece shorts are sold out at $90. No markdown. However, department stores are doing markdowns seemingly every weekend. Lord and Taylor is currently 40%; Macys just had 30% off Friends Family. I don't care what RL does; I'm buying stuff on sale/factory store or not at all.

I asked the same thing a couple months ago hope he ok he prolly Just got banned from the site or something it happens in that posting life

I followed him on the gram too. Here, there - one day, everything just stopped. Like, Dec 27 or something. Don't like the vibe. Was hoping someone knew him in real time. Anyway, just shouting out.

I don't need Ralph Lauren to do anything other than keep releasing 3 to 4 items every Fall that meet the RL Standard for quality.
Screenshot_20200629-184535_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200314-214225_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200422-101425_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200629-185742_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200629-185359_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200629-185611_Gallery.jpg
Mad heat rocks in a Superman blue post. Ernest Hemmingway sippin' Kentucky Pappy Van Winkle vibes. Mad, MAD quality. Ralphy gonna give you your four. Like Krash stated the other day, that Safari line he dropped as a major push in like, '08? That was a mainstream line and he had major details on that whole line. Prices were like today, but he was bringing it. This stuff pictured here is beyond beyond. I seek out his military shorts and pants. Shawl necks he sneaks out some high test, too.

Last edited:
Famousname Famousname I agree. The Safari line was great. You're right. The prices were a bit higher for the era of RL, but definitely one of the better Spring collections to date.

The shawls and military items are still well made, so I see why you focus on those items.

Good to see the grail purchase. The best thing is to see someone check one off the list.

I haven't seen SlunderKingpin SlunderKingpin post outside on NT since December. I hope that he's doing okay these days.

Last edited:
Oh, let me tell y’all ‘bout that “P-wing” hat in the background on that last pic post I made. It’s actually what I call “accidental bootleg”. LOL. Wasn’t looking to make that hat, I’ve never been a
P-Wing grail type guy, never owned any P-Wing until last fall, when my ace unexpectedly gave me one of those new thin workout material P-Wing hoodies. What I did want, however, was a plain navy blue flex fit hat with no nothing on it. For once, rock hat with no logos. One problem; while wearing it, I looked like the Feds! That’s all I could see in the mirror, and then, walking through the grocery store, I was getting looks from the hood like, “He them undercovers”, AND looks from undercovers like, “He one of us”.

Oh schnap! This ain’t gonna work! Call me crazy, but this is what was going through my head.

So, what to do? Remember I told you about Rack Lo’s patches? Well, one time, to get to the color Hi-Tech patches that I wanted, I had to buy a 4 pack - two hi tech, one snow beach, one P-wing. Freaked the Hi Techs, put the rest away for like a year. Then hat-gate went down. So, (remember, actually wanting a plain hat), I knew I was going to have to patch this one to save this $25 hat. Went through my patch collect, skipped the P-wing several times, but finally, held if up to the hat and... had to admit, it fit perfect. Reluctantly did my thing. The application of the patch reshaped the front of the hat just right so it it didn’t look like a referee or La Federales anymore. It actually came out better than many of these high dollar, purpose built replicas you see on the gram. I still treat it as a red head step child and it gets treated pretty rough, but it is a go-to grocery getter. Now the look I get is local sports dads trying to figure out “What high school is that?”

So, “accidental bootleg.” LOL.

5A242DDB-6E19-4C57-8A0B-25DFD2F845F9.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh, let me tell y’all ‘bout that “P-wing” hat in the background on that last pic post I made. It’s actually what I call “accidental bootleg”. LOL. Wasn’t looking to make that hat, I’ve never been a
P-Wing grail type guy, never owned any P-Wing until last fall, when my ace unexpectedly gave me one of those new thin workout material P-Wing hoodies. What I did want, however, was a plain navy blue flex fit hat with no nothing on it. For once, rock hat with no logos. One problem; while wearing it, I looked like the Feds! That’s all I could see in the mirror, and then, walking through the grocery store, I was getting looks from the hood like, “He them undercovers”, AND looks from undercovers like, “He one of us”.

Oh schnap! This ain’t gonna work! Call me crazy, but this is what was going through my head.

So, what to do? Remember I told you about Rack Lo’s patches? Well, one time, to get to the color Hi-Tech patches that I wanted, I had to buy a 4 pack - two hi tech, one snow beach, one P-wing. Freaked the Hi Techs, put the rest away for like a year. Then hat-gate went down. So, (remember, actually wanting a plain hat), I knew I was going to have to patch this one to save this $25 hat. Went through my patch collect, skipped the P-wing several times, but finally, held if up to the hat and... had to admit, it fit perfect. Reluctantly did my thing. The application of the patch reshaped the front of the hat just right so it it didn’t look like a referee or La Federales anymore. It actually came out better than many of these high dollar, purpose built replicas you see on the gram. I still treat it as a red head step child and it gets treated pretty rough, but it is a go-to grocery getter. Now the look I get is local sports dads trying to figure out “What high school is that?”

So, “accidental bootleg.” LOL.

5A242DDB-6E19-4C57-8A0B-25DFD2F845F9.jpeg
That’s basically the story why me and the crew started rocking lo so we could cop trees uptown and not stick out like some 21 jump street jersey boys....great anecdote you not crazy they absolutely were looking at you that way

That’s basically the story why me and the crew started rocking lo so we could cop trees uptown and not stick out like some 21 jump street jersey boys....great anecdote you not crazy they absolutely were looking at you that way

And here I thought it was just me. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom