**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

1602963954613.png

BIG THICK CHEILLE PATCHES.

Why not make a stadium sweatshirt with the 1992 and all the branding in chenille?

They can make NEW CLASSICS but they dont want to.

Nice shirt tho.

Last edited:
1602965425202.png

Tommy is better than Polo right now.
Not better than Purple Label.
But definitely better than blue label at the moment.

Wow. Look at the patches and detailing. Sheesh.
Is that a tassel hanging from the shirt?
Yes that is.
This is the TH they sell in Europe. Not the states.

Its like the twilight zone.
Woke up and TH is better quality than Polo.
Pinch myself... and I'm still here. smh

This man want the crown. Lady liberty wearing the crown. sheesh.
Screen printed 90s style.

1602966129413.png

Patches look like somebody sewn then in a tailor shop. TH europe aint playing with you boys.

1602966353136.png

Im doing some espionage. Its dont look good. They cooking up in europe.

1602966525429.png

Leather detailing on the black letters. The letters are leather. sheesh.
1602966732057.png

They want the NY crown. sheesh. Heavy flight jacket.
1602966914872.png

1602966948292.png

1602967434330.png

Hilfiger has better quality than blue label now?

Last edited:
BIG THICK CHEILLE PATCHES.

Why not make a stadium sweatshirt with the 1992 and all the branding in chenille?

They can make NEW CLASSICS but they dont want to.

Nice shirt tho.
Because the Stadium Collection is a Summer Games Collection and the retro capsule kept the items close to the originals. The heavier varsity lettering wouldn't make sense to introduce into the retro capsule.

The Official Polo Olympic Team uniforms and the other Polo Spring tribute collections (1932 sewn on) from the past do use chenille patches on the sweatshirts, sweaters, and jackets.

Tommy is better than Polo right now.

Its like the twilight zone.
Woke up and TH is better quality than Polo.
Pinch myself... and I'm still here. smh
This is false. None of the examples that you posted scratch the surface of Polo Ralph Lauren quality. And don't get caught up in the color of the labels; There is plenty of Polo that is better quality than Purple Label.

Because the Stadium Collection is a Summer Games Collection and the retro capsule kept the items close to the originals. The heavier varsity lettering wouldn't make sense to introduce into the retro capsule.

The Official Polo Olympic Team uniforms and the other Polo Spring tribute collections (1932 sewn on) from the past do use chenille patches on the sweatshirts, sweaters, and jackets.

This is false. None of the examples that you posted scratch the surface of Polo Ralph Lauren quality. And don't get caught up in the color of the labels; There is plenty of Polo that is better quality than Purple Label.

Tke P Wing is a varsity jacket my good man.
There is heavy varsity apparel in that line.

A nice chenille sweatshirt with heavy stadium patches would have been a new classic.
And I am talking about lately. Not quality over time.
It looks like as of late, polo sportswear is going with a low cost high out put form.

Polo has a better quality over the years in sportswear.
But thats not the case right now. I see nike sweatshirts with better
quality than Polo right now.

Nobody is touching those 1992 windbreakers for a reason.
I guarantee you those things would be sold out if the 1 9 9 2 was screen print or sewn into the fabric.
I crossed that bridge already and won't go back there.

1602969280617.png

Macys cant give these away. They had them for 150.00.

These will be in outlets like most of this 1 9 9 2 collection.
Add "S U M M E R 1 9 9 2" sewn in and they would be sold out.
Its designed to go to the outlets in the first place. Thats why
the corners were cut. This is a 69.99 jacket at most.

Last edited:
Whats a good price to pay for the classic leather windbreaker? Macys had it for 488 last week but i figured id wait a couple weeks to see if it went on sale again. I haven't had owned one since the early 2000s. Is the quality the same?

Whats a good price to pay for the classic leather windbreaker? Macys had it for 488 last week but i figured id wait a couple weeks to see if it went on sale again. I haven't had owned one since the early 2000s. Is the quality the same?

Throw up a pic of the windbreaker and somebody on the forum will know the right price.

Tke P Wing is a varsity jacket my good man.
There is heavy varsity apparel in that line.

A nice chenille sweatshirt with heavy stadium patches would have been a new classic.
And I am talking about lately. Not quality over time.
It looks like as of late, polo sportswear is going with a low cost high out put form.

Polo has a better quality over the years in sportswear.
But thats not the case right now. I see nike sweatshirts with better
quality than Polo right now.

Nobody is touching those 1992 windbreakers for a reason.
I guarantee you those things would be sold out if the 1 9 9 2 was screen print or sewn into the fabric.
I crossed that bridge already and won't go back there.

1602969280617.png

Macys cant give these away. They had them for 150.00.

These will be in outlets like most of this 1 9 9 2 collection.
Add "S U M M E R 1 9 9 2" sewn in and they would be sold out.
Its designed to go to the outlets in the first place. Thats why
the corners were cut. This is a 69.99 jacket at most.
The OG Stadium Baseball Jacket did not have chenille lettering; None of the OG Stadium items did.
The idea behind the capsule collection reissue was to stay as close to the originals as possible; not to winterize classic Spring/Summer the items with heavy chenille patches.

RL can save the chenille patches for the next new red/black/silver Winter Stadium Collection where it would make sense.

And now you've moved to Nike Quality. The moving target strategy doesn't work here. Stand on your Tommy Hilfiger statement and the examples that posted. None of those images that you posted supports your statement about Polo quality.

The Polo Pullover is not selling because the jacket was over-produced; not because the fonts are not embroidered. We've seen the same jacket years in a row, and the unique color scheme of both variations only appeals to a small group of customers.

The OG Stadium Baseball Jacket did not have chenille lettering; None of the OG Stadium items did.
The idea behind the capsule collection reissue was to stay as close to the originals as possible; not to winterize classic Spring/Summer the items with heavy chenille patches.

RL can save the chenille patches for the next new red/black/silver Winter Stadium Collection where it would make sense.

And now you've moved to Nike Quality. The moving target strategy doesn't work here. Stand on your Tommy Hilfiger statement and the examples that posted. None of those images that you posted supports your statement about Polo quality.

The Polo Pullover is not selling because the jacket was over-produced; not because the fonts are not embroidered. We've seen the same jacket years in a row, and the unique color scheme of both variations only appeals to a small group of customers.

Th point is the varsity p wing jacket is a part of the stadium line.
I was just saying a sweatshirt with the stadium branding in chenille would be the new classic they
are looking for.

And once again, I am only criticizing recent polo sportswear and not polo as a whole.

How come they under produced the polo sport cup tennis shirts?
People wanted a graphic polo sport shirt. Now they cant find it.
Its no coincidence that the cheap item was over produced and the screen printed
quality polo was under produced.

Thats business. Just pointing out the items that are sitting, just so happens to be
the low quality stuff. I dont see that Polo cup tennis shirt sitting anywhere except maybe the UK.

Note:

1. The people want graphics on the Polo Sport.
The plain branding is boring. Run that up the flag pole.

1602982536683.png

2. Stop producing the Polo Bear items for a while.
They are over saturated.

3. Release the missing pieces from the snow beach and summer 92 lines.
If you POLO guys do that, then I will never rant here again.

4. Stop cheapening the re issued items. I dont buy items because they look cheap.
Collectors buy 2 of everything when its done really well.

5. Put the graphics on the backs of the ski jackets. Nobody wants
illustration on the front of their coat. It looks tacky.
Businesses brand the backs of jackets. Not the front.

Run that up the flag pole. Tell them at the conference meeting thats what the people
want.

Last edited:
10 commandments of making a good Polo Re issue.

1. Never ever use heat transfer for anything.
You must only do the following:
SCREENPRINT, EMBROIDER, OR PATCH.

2. Never place graphics (illustrations)on the fronts of coats.
If it aint a jacket, you got to back it.

3. Do not overbrand it.
If there is a symbol already, there is no need
for a P O L O spell out.

CP93 can stand alone. Pracing can stand alone.
RL 2000 etc. If it has a symbol, no need to do a spell
out of the branding.

4. Rugbies should be patched or embroidered.

5. Put an illustration on Polo Sport items.
The plain branding is boring.

6. Use the original colorways for the items.
eg.
Hitech jackets should have some red and yellow.

7. Put a lining in all jackets.

8. No track jackets.
Do a sweatshirt if you cant do a jacket.

9.Down Vests should be puffy. Ski etc
No flat CHESTS? Then you should know this...
No flat vests.
No flat vests.
No flat vests.

10. Use original silhouettes.
Dont make short coats long. And do not make long coats
short.

Done.

Then on Sunday he rested.

Last edited:

yeah until 2 days from now until we have to hear the same lame *** drivel again... Just write all this stuff down in a moleskine dude.
Also super funny you mention collectors not buying low quality; remember a couple days back when you bought trash quality T shirts for full MSRP $50 USD cause they were red? LOL

yeah until 2 days from now until we have to hear the same lame *** drivel again... Just write all this stuff down in a moleskine dude.
Also super funny you mention collectors not buying low quality; remember a couple days back when you bought trash quality T shirts for full MSRP $50 USD cause they were red? LOL

I said in the post that I know the tee shirt was not great quality. I only bought it for the stadium collection.
I said I was not wearing it. Its an original colorway. The goal is to sell it when I get rid of my polo collection.
That color wont be available then. I am actually sending back the extra one due to the quality.

Follow the 10 commandments and prosper.

1602989488279.png

Last edited:
How much was the Sportsman Hoodie? Think that's my size too
It was $50
Where is this store located? None of these items ever make it to the sales floor where I live.
This was in CT but a lot of the MA and RI stores get similar stuff. If I see something I like but not in my size I can usually find it at a different store. I always hit up different stores throughout the week to see if they have anything new.
Well then if anyone comes across a M or L for that price & the print on the front isn’t damaged hit me up, should be able to make it worth your time 🙏
I picked up that medium for my friend but I’ll keep a lookout for you

today’s fit

9706AE7A-23FD-44C2-B735-2C2B54CE44BE.jpeg
1437F573-8A57-48E0-89DE-F5D914D2B288.jpeg

i still want all the other Colorado pieces

F48BBCD1-E7BE-4EEF-AB16-F3EE08BF318E.jpeg

E0D454D7-BB6C-4262-A516-7B65C600A00D.jpeg
That's nice! The Colorado collection is one of the best quality Southwestern groups all-time. A lot of the Polo items were made in Italy, as you already know. Your jacket is incredible. I didn't buy anything from the Colorado group yet, but I'll catch the one item that I want within the next year or two.

That's nice! The Colorado collection is one of the best quality Southwestern groups all-time. A lot of the Polo items were made in Italy, as you already know. Your jacket is incredible. I didn't buy anything from the Colorado group yet, but I'll catch the one item that I want within the next year or two.

yes, made in italy, the rico special speciale 🔥🔥🔥

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom