**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Ur comment was in response to a comment about the last two collabs being garbage. U said the browns collab was trash also. If u can't name a better collab than the browns drop, sounds like u just aren't ****in with any of the collabs in general. And if that's the case, why post a response about it at all??? I don't necessarily think the browns collab is the end all be all of collab drops but definitely not trash by any means.

are you the polo police?

for you to assume i like any of the collabs to begin with is not my problem. after i call 3 collabs trash you finally come to the realization that i dont like any of the collabs lol. They are all trash to me. You want me to sit here and rank trash from least to worst?

If we playing the assumption game: It sounds like you hit on the Browns drop and we’re all excited to have some rare Lo and now you’re upset I’m calling it trash. You can have that Scottish Ronald mcdonald browns polo my friend.

:smile:

in all seriousness because we are all good guys in here..
if ralph wants to keep up with the youth by doing collabs hes got the right idea but wrong formula

some people just like plain clean looking clothing, I show my clothing to various people and the main response I get is "dope but I couldn't pull it off"
I don't see anything wrong with wearing that navy hat and tee with some navy jeans and white af1's and enjoying the fit. it may be basic to some, but ralph is the master of providing options for all spectrums of style.

Some fly belts over on Dillards..
1619015091261.png

1619015101880.png

1619015126792.png

Looks like this is next PRL worldwide retailer collab: Beams Japan.

I dunno... ALL this polo game centers on the logo, which logo, and how they rocked the logo on the piece it's self. When I first saw this, I just stared. Not wack, not dope, just stared. Because I was basically looking at my steeze, and my signature color. I actually try to make sets like this. EXCEPT... that logo is MAD wack. It just is. They way they rocked (=size, placement, colors, etc) it, they ruined what could have been a classic set. If you bumped into me on an average summer day, I'm pretty much dressed like that, except the logo changes everything.

Below is not meant to be some "fly spreadmasters", it's some of what I literally just brought up from the dryer and dumped out the basket to be put away.

Plain.

Jeans. Kicks. Shades. Wrist. Waves. I'm out.
IMG_1569.JPG

Damn. Gotta iron.

Exactly you cant explain whats intriguing about these items. I would be able to explain it. Either a unique design or the quality or something else. You just like the fact that the tag at the neck says beams or asos or one of those other wack clothing lines.
Never bought anything ASOS or beams in my life. Never bought anything solely because it’s a Collab. I buy what I like and buy things that I think will be too timeless and not faddish looking and Navy Blue and Gold definitely fits that timeless description. You can’t go wrong with that combo. Sorry it’s not a collection that screams look at me I have the new “whatever collection”.

THe browns was cool this beams collab is trash. For those saying its dope ya need to explain. Just plain clothes with a horsey that say ralph lauren. Looks like a hotel workers uniform or a free give away type of item. Its starting to feel like people will just buy any junk as long as its a collab.
Why does someone need to explain what they think looks good, kind of weird. I’m sure you have **** in your closet that needs an explanation on why you thought it looked good, but no one’s going to ask you why you thought it looked good.

It is a meh collab, nothing about it screams unique. It looks like something that stays in stock at any outlet or department store, which is fine in general, but not so much for a collab.

are you the polo police?

for you to assume i like any of the collabs to begin with is not my problem. after i call 3 collabs trash you finally come to the realization that i dont like any of the collabs lol. They are all trash to me. You want me to sit here and rank trash from least to worst?

If we playing the assumption game: It sounds like you hit on the Browns drop and we’re all excited to have some rare Lo and now you’re upset I’m calling it trash. You can have that Scottish Ronald mcdonald browns polo my friend.

:smile:

in all seriousness because we are all good guys in here..
if ralph wants to keep up with the youth by doing collabs hes got the right idea but wrong formula
Drink some water. Try taking a nap. U too busy sippin on that haterade :lol:

Does anyone in this thread like the preppy RL-Polo stuff? It seems like the majority like the early 90s-Lo-Head stuff.

I just want to start discussion.

I mostly only wear the workwear-oriented stuff, and some of the preppier stuff with a couple exceptions. What seems to be most popular in this thread would look ridiculous on me. And I think when an entire outfit matches it looks tacky. Not putting down the clothes, or that style, just isn't for me.

I agree with you on the quality, but not on the logo.

I think the Polo Ralph Lauren Lettering size, color, and placement is perfect on this shirt.
I feel you. I do realize that there are def folks who roll their eyes every time someone post a Hi Tech joint. Thankfully, our mutual Grand-Uncle Ralph cut a lane for all of us.

So, maybe y’all already knew about this... I didn’t.

Spent way too much. They got some stuff on clearance nobody else has anymore.

posting screenshots of some items I think folks on here might want to jump on.

easy way to make some money, too... if anyone hurting. Quite a few items that are priced well below ebay averages...

If you are looking for:
Polo sport denim limited edition (most items)
Polo sport silver limited edition (most items)
Polo sport neon belts and hats
Black/Red P-Wing collection items
Etc

flannels! Link should take you to men’s stuff, already sorted by discount size.

49CB6DAF-BF25-4370-A0D5-4D326CA60574.jpeg
DFD3E32C-0BE5-4DBE-ABF8-D54AC0E11FAA.jpeg
F29D7C51-BB25-4390-BAD5-7CE57979D259.jpeg 8547C0D6-C7DF-4E5D-BCA8-8B58EDDE7EBD.jpeg B362B951-2364-4F55-9D1B-471B2BD42719.jpeg

Anyone know if Nordstrom will carry the Beams x Ralph Lauren “Navy & Gold Collection”?

they carried the beams “big polo” collection that came out last year. Had no interest in any of that stuff, but I am digging the new collection.

Using an old bag design as the basis for an entire capsule is so absurd and fantastic. Think you can’t go wrong with grabbing the tote.

if Not Nordstrom, anyone know best way to buy from beams in usa?

Back
Top Bottom