**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

What jeans get damaged in the washer? I've never seen that but always heard of that.

Wash them inside out in cold water, on delicate if you have to.

I wash mine after 4-5 wears. When I wear them I'm not doing any physical activity, just socializing. I don't sweat a lot so it may be different if you're 300 pounds and sweat a lot. :lol:

Edit: Nevermind, I see what you guys are talking about.

Lol at dry cleaning jeans. Just wash them, b.
Go to sufu and the best looking fades are not from dudes doing beach soaks or freezing them or wearing x month before touching water. They’re from dudes that wear them and wash when they feel it’s necessary.

Another technique….

You can fade your own jeans by mixing a bleach/water solution (how strong your ratio is will determine how light or dark the fade will be) in a spray bottle and spraying areas of the jeans you want faded, scrub with a tooth brush or sponge, wash them and bingo.

Lol at dry cleaning jeans. Just wash them, b.
Go to sufu and the best looking fades are not from dudes doing beach soaks or freezing them or wearing x month before touching water. They’re from dudes that wear them and wash when they feel it’s necessary.
To get the fade and whiskers looking right you need to put in work with raw denim. That means wearing them as much as possible. There's not really a point in going the raw denim route if u just wear them once in a blue moon. With beach soaks u want to wear them into the ocean preferably and once u get out rub sand roughly where u want the fades. You want to do this after they've been properly worn in for a year+ for best results. These are just methods to use to get a certain look with the fades. They're no rules but can be a waste of money if u just casually wear them. If fades are what you're going for.

I didn’t say anything about wearing them once in a blue moon, just that you should wash when you feel is necessary.

Honestly this whole waiting x months before washing comes off as marketing from brands that consumers took for gospel and spread around.

When I bought a pair of the FH Inazuma, I asked the guys at SE on the wash thing (I think Andrew Chen at the time was still working the NY store) and was told to wash when it’s too dirty for my comfort. Kiya also told me the same thing. The founder of Resolute has an interview somewhere stating he does weekly washes.

Again, you’re free to browse sufu’s threads. Over the years the pics I’ve seen of what I consider the best fades are from people just wearing and washing as needed, not from those on some I need to wait x amount of time/wears before giving them a wash.

I was all for the raw selvedge game till I experienced crotch blowout for the first time... then the **** happened again and again ... $200+ down the drain on a few pair for "sick fades"

I'm good with my $80 dollar ralph jeans now and I wash them when they're dirty (or dry clean em if I'm feeling fancy)... done and done

Hope this goes on sale...

Screenshot_20210709-061915_POLO.jpg

it was on Sale at Macys about a week or two ago

Anyone stop by the “POLO on the road” pop up store yet?

trying to decide whether or not to head over.

Looks like it’s selling the “colors shop” stuff, but with some special customization options.. maybe some new graphics?

anyone stop by and got a pic of what they are offering?
C8F09F8B-E47C-4ACA-90FF-6C70304DC4D0.png

Getting late to take advantage… but if you are in Chicago… Ralph double whammy available.

“POLO on the road” is at navy pier

also there today is the traveling RL x MLB pop up shop. Think that one does food too, right?

27AEA298-7F7E-4D47-962E-D51263A44F03.jpeg

nice to see some Ralph love for Chicago lately. Been mostly ignored for a long time.

Considering Ralph Lauren Michigan ave is their biggest store in the world, and his first restaurant is also next door… (not to mention his daughter has a huge store 2 blocks down the street. I think it was her largest store for a while too.)Youd think there’d be a little more love.

Anyone got pieces from the Ralph “Colorado Collection”?

it was a country/southwest collection for polo, but With purple label quality and pricing.

anyone got this jacket trying to get a sense of how it fits. First time I’ve ever seen this jacket below $500. Gotta at least consider it..
5C64C35D-CA0D-4A1E-A992-2DDFCD375CC5.png
B3E01737-7426-47DE-A760-CDD25D1437F3.png
9C86A3DF-3D3D-485A-8049-1FB5BEC5DF62.png
That same jacket sold at $256 new with tags recently...Yes the same men's jacket, not the cheaper women's version.

I passed on all of it. There were a couple of retro items with minor changes that I liked, but the o.g. items were better quality IMO.

Last edited:
That same jacket sold at $256 new with tags recently...Yes the same men's jacket, not the cheaper women's version.

I passed on all of it. There were a couple of retro items with minor changes that I liked, but the o.g. items were better quality IMO.

This jacket is a retro? I didn’t realize.

i love the look of the collection, and felt I had to grab a few pieces over time… won’t get too many opps for purple label versions of classic polo styles. Not sure which pieces were purple label and which weren’t, tho. (Pretty sure the Jeans were made like normal, and a couple other pieces.)

$256 is insane. I’ve seen folks trying to pass off the nearly identical women’s version as the men’s Colorado jacket… but I’ve been watching on&off for a couple years and they are almost always in the $700-1200 range.

did see a Yosemite piece with tags the other day. Have never seen this before…
350BA754-AA68-49C8-A90A-443B39F5B3C1.png
7AC6C01B-40F9-4DEE-A735-4002C144CEC0.png
906842C6-D16F-478A-BBDB-07550838B932.png

This jacket is a retro? I didn’t realize.

i love the look of the collection, and felt I had to grab a few pieces over time… won’t get too many opps for purple label versions of classic polo styles. Not sure which pieces were purple label and which weren’t, tho. (Pretty sure the Jeans were made like normal, and a couple other pieces.)

$256 is insane. I’ve seen folks trying to pass off the nearly identical women’s version as the men’s Colorado jacket… but I’ve been watching on&off for a couple years and they are almost always in the $700-1200 range.

did see a Yosemite piece with tags the other day. Have never seen this before…
350BA754-AA68-49C8-A90A-443B39F5B3C1.png
7AC6C01B-40F9-4DEE-A735-4002C144CEC0.png
906842C6-D16F-478A-BBDB-07550838B932.png
That jacket is not a retro, but a few of the items are. I agree; The collection is very nice.

The tagging is all over the place. There's the current Blue/gold label, Polo Western label, Classic Polo Blue label, and one Purple Label. The Purple Label and most of the of the Classic Blue Label items are made in Italy.

Im still on the fence about a couple of things that I may buy if they surface.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom