The Official Reebok Question (A.I.) Thread.

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius , dope pick up. I didn’t hesitate to cop when they dropped. Straight up teenage nostalgia for my old *** :lol: You going to keep the straight white laces? Or swap in the “checkered” style extra ones they included?

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius , dope pick up. I didn’t hesitate to cop when they dropped. Straight up teenage nostalgia for my old *** :lol: You going to keep the straight white laces? Or swap in the “checkered” style extra ones they included?

I took the checkered ones smoove out :lol:

Whites :pimp:

ywdd1et00xpwezyf32gz.jpg

I might go back and forth though

Man this takes a lot of scrubbing lol
The end results though.... :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::pimp:
Good work, G

Man if they were really trying to do the 2001 ASG MVP joints they would’ve added the 3M to the top of the tongues and added some red. These are more like a “team shoe” retro what with the outlined “3’s” in the heel. All good though, I’ll gladly take them if they’re available.

Last edited:
Man if they were really trying to do the 2001 ASG MVP joints they would’ve added the 3M to the top of the tongues and added some red. These are more like a “team shoe” retro what with the outlined “3’s” in the heel. All good though, I’ll gladly take them if they’re available.

Thanks for reiterating the discrepancies stemming from the omission of particular details on the version that Iverson wore in the 2001 NBA All-Star Game with that upcoming white/black Question release.

I never realized he wore a pair of Question in a NBA All-Star Game in his career because I always assumed he wore whatever signature Answer version for the particular year's Game. It literally took me 20 years to realize that all because of your prior posts!

I agree that it's not a legitimate retro because Reebok didn't rehash the details accordingly as you expounded on. I refuse to view these as the All-Star Game shoes he wore.

But I'll still get these only if there's a good deal I can find because I can wear them as a feasible substitute for the Answer I to go with the authentic white 1997-98 76ers jersey I have. I would prefer a rehashed original Answer I to wear with the jerseys, but these Question will work because I don't know when they'll re-release some original Answer I.

I never realized he wore a pair of Question in a NBA All-Star Game in his career because I always assumed he wore whatever signature Answer version for the particular year's Game. It literally took me 20 years to realize that all because of your prior posts!

Reebok wanted A.I. to wear the Question for every single all star game he’d participate in, start a tradition. Man....Iverson ****ed that up the 1st time he made the ASG in 2000 when he was supposed to wear these honoring the Golden State Warriors arena where the event was being held.
1614306442387.jpeg
Iverson let other players in the locker clown him and he decided to wear some blk/wht Answer 3’s instead. Mind you this happened minutes before the game and many of the big dollar Reebok investors in attendance of the game. Todd Krinsky begged Iverson and even Iverson’s mom to get him to put the shoes on at least for one quarter of the game to satisfy the investors. Iverson never wore them and the shoes sat eventually going to $39.99 pissing off Footlocker, Champs, Finishline...etc.

Iverson wore the Question the following year (2001) but made up for it by winning the MVP. He wore Answers for the next few all star games but the next Question he would’ve worn was the 2007 ASG in Las Vegas. Sadly, he was injured and did not play. However you can see pictures of Kobe Bryant in the locker room where Iversons (then a Denver Nugget) shoe are laying next to him. There used to be a photo of Kobe holding those shoes in his hand too!
1614307419462.jpeg

Reebok ended up re-releasing that gold colorway for Packer Shoes honoring the St. Anthony high school basketball team that wore them.

Edit: I forgot to mention Kobe wore the upcoming white/black Question as well. Back in his sneaker free agent days. Surprised Reebok didn’t mention that.
1614307947552.jpeg

1614308028024.jpeg

Last edited:
What did you use?

I bought those because we didn't have the pair that's coming up available...which was what I actually wanted. I think I'm going to let mine patina naturally.

I used some warm water and a dab of Jason Mark cleaner and rubbed them with a microfiber cloth. Definitely happy with the result they look even better in person.

- I remember AI wearing those white and black Questions and I was so underwhelmed as a kid. All Star game shoes had become loud and wild at that point and he wore those boring *** shoes. I hate that color way, won’t touch them.

- I never noticed AI was supposed to wear the gold and cardinal Question in that All Star game. I thought those were the Boston College PEs? Top 5 Question colorway for me, love that color.

When I first saw the “Why Not Us” theme/nickname for the white/black Questions I thought it was a nod to Kobe wearing them during his sneaker free agency.
Could be. It works in that way as well. Reebok being the underdog in landing Kobe :emoji_thumbsup:

- I remember AI wearing those white and black Questions and I was so underwhelmed as a kid. All Star game shoes had become loud and wild at that point and he wore those boring *** shoes. I hate that color way, won’t touch them.
2001 was the first year I can remember when shoes went crazy with colors. Iverson wearing the yellow/blue Questions at the 2000 ASG would’ve stood out crazy but he would’ve been ahead of the trend a year early. Iverson just went with what matched his home white uniform since all they did was place “All Star game” patches on them.

- I never noticed AI was supposed to wear the gold and cardinal Question in that All Star game. I thought those were the Boston College PEs? Top 5 Question colorway for me, love that color.
Yeah, he was supposed to but got injured. Too bad we never got to see A.I. and Kobe play as teammates in a official game :frown::smh: Reebok was sponsoring Boston College at the time so they supplied them with that colorway since they matched perfectly. It could’ve been the other way around too since the Vegas ASG unis just happens to match. You see Packer Shoes later repurposed them for St. Anthony baksetball squad. I agree, those are some of the nicest Questions ever made.

Here’s Tyrese Rice rocking them
1614333201950.jpeg

This colorway was around waaaay before the “Watch My Shine” though. Some might be old enough to remember these being a “team shoe” at one point. Iverson did wear a similar colorway when he won MVP of the 2001 All Star Game. His version had solid black soles, grey hits on the eyelets, and 3M reflective top part of the tongue. The General release pairs later released with translucent red soles and and Reebok logos.
1613902551559.jpeg

1613902623465.jpeg

1613902817229.jpeg

in these pics the shoe ai is wearing appears to have a very dark smoke transuclent outsole

Back
Top Bottom