The Official Rookie of the Year Thread vol. Evans/Curry/Jennings

Jennings fell off so hard, I thought he would have this award locked up.

He's shooting 36.8%.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by axel f0ley

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by axel f0ley

another reason why i hate the warriors
so3c7k.gif
so3c7k.gif
You just mad the Mavs don't have Devean George anymore
devean george was a secret spy sent by the warriors in 2007 to steal the mavericks' game plans
so3c7k.gif
How many championships do the Mavs have? I'll wait.
so3c7k.gif

but since 1980, the Mavs inaugural season, how many do the warriors have?

Evans definitely deserves to win it, no one comes close to him, and yes that includes bumass Stephen Curry

Evans gets plenty of hype...don't know what ya'll talkin about.

Reke definitely owns this award tho. I had Evans and Curry as my top 2 rooks coming into the season even before Blake got injured. Just got the order wrong.

And some of ya'll @@@ backwards. You can't say "replace Jennings w/ Collison" when despite his shooting %'s he's still putting up good numbers in a full year stretch for a playoff team and Collison has just been blacking for a month and half.

Evans is currently 20/5/5.5. That's more points, more rebounds, AND more assists than Curry is doing. Evans also has more wins and it's going to stay that way. On top of that, Evans has 3 gamewinners just off the top of my head. Curry doesn't have any mostly because the Warriors never win. Plus, for some reason, League Pass always broadcasts the Kings' opponents' commentators, so I hear what is being said about Evans around the league. All the media is saying it's a landslide. ESPN is just trying to be controversial and spark interest in their site.

And I agree that Collison needs to replace or at least be added to Jennings in the title. Believe that if Collison got PT and played like this in the beginning of the year, he'd be on everyone's list. 20 assists is on par with 55 points.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Evans will win it, but if the the season started in January, Curry would be taking this easy.
i dont know about that...what Curry averaged in January to now, is what Evans been averaging throughout the whole season

Evans, Curry, and Collison are the goods. Jennings is a bum but I give him credit for having his team in the playoff race (although it's mostly John Salmons and Andrew Bogut contributing to this). Jonny Flynn be getting NO PRESS about him so I don't know if people are sleeping on him or if he's just been playing average.

dont sleep on Jennings. Yea he probably wont win the award put he's helping his team get to the playoffs, whereas Sacromento, Golden State,and New Orleans wont be good for the next 3-4 years. Jennings is solid.

Evans probably has it but if Curry wasn't playing with another guard that averages 20+ a night it would be closer than some of you think...

Curry would be taking a lot more shots if he wasn't playing along side Monta...

NBA.com’s Rookie Rankings are just one man’s opinion and are released every Wednesday during the season. If you’ve got an issue with the rankings, or have a question or comment for Drew Packham, send him an e-mail. You can also follow him on Twitter. For past week’s rankings, click here.

[table][tr][td]1. Stephen Curryhttp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4612/news;_ylt=AliXu.wKGIIVu0XUmmYZodCO4aJ4/l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/fn/default/full/p_note_none.gif);">http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/...t/full/p_note_none.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: initial; -webkit-background-clip: initial; -webkit-background-origin: initial; background-color: transparent; visibility: visible; vertical-align: middle; font-size: 0px; height: 13px; line-height: 13px; background-position: 0% 0.2em; ">(notes), Golden State Warriors[/td][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]G[/td][td]MPG[/td][td]PPG[/td][td]RPG[/td][td]APG[/td][td]SPG[/td][td]BPG[/td][td]FG%[/td][td]3P%[/td][td]FT%[/td][/tr][tr][td]63[/td][td]35.9[/td][td]16.0[/td][td]4.2[/td][td]5.4[/td][td]1.8[/td][td]0.2[/td][td].455[/td][td].417[/td][td].878[/td][/tr][/table]Last Week: 2 | Drafted: 7 
I can no longer ignore the fact that Curry is playing better than Evans. Evans may have already won over too many voters, but Curry is certainly making his case in a big way. ESPN.com’s Marc Stein had an interesting column this week in which he spoke with several scout around the league. One Western Conference scout had this to say about the two: “[Tyreke] Evans is going to win it and [Brandon] Jennings was up there early, but [Steph] Curry is going to wind up being the best player of the three. He’s the ray of hope in Golden State because he’s got the shots, he’s got the moves, he’s marketable and he’s only going to get better. And I think his teammates like playing with him. He’s a great shooter, obviously, but he’s unselfish. He’s looking to get other guys involved. You can argue that [Curry’s] numbers are inflated playing in Golden State’s system, but you could have said that about a lot of rookies over the years. Most of the top rookies are on bad teams. Rookies of the Year aren’t coming from the Lakers. The issue is what the Warriors are going to do with [Monta] Ellis, because it’s obvious that that team needs to be built around Curry, and Curry defers too much when Ellis is in there.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

A late surge by Curry doesn't overtake Evans for me.

Evan's numbers are better and he's been doing it all season, that seals it for me.

Curry as a sleeper pick.

Evans has by far been the most consistent, and a huge reason to the King's success.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

I think its definitely Curry.

If he had not given Tyreke a head start it wouldn't be close IMO
u just made a case why curry wouldnt take it over evans.....why are these dudes saying it "wouldnt be close" or it "would be curry easy" if curry played the same way hes played in January to now throughout the whole season?
both players are averaging 20pts 5rebs 6+asts in 2010...so what makes it landslide win for curry?? both teams have only won 8 games in 2010.

how many rookies out there can put up 20/5/5 for the course of a season? how about, how many players in the league can put up 20/5/5??? not many

and yes, i know the people who are saying curry easy, are warriors fans
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom