[[ The Official SAN DIEGO CHARGERS Thread ]] ... Vol. The McCoy/Telesco Era Begins.

Off-season List:

#1. Fire Norv and AJ

#2. Hire GM and Head Coach

#3. Protect the QB. Draft Offensive Line help.

Completed:

#1. CHECK. CHECK.

#2. Hired Tom Telesco. Hired Mike McCoy.

#3. Hired Ken Whisenhunt as Offensive Coordinator.

What are your thoughts on Telesco? I don't know much about him other than he's young as heck. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm just glad they didn't promote the guy who played a role in the crap players we've been bringing in. You think the hiring means Arians is coming in?

I'm just glad they didn't promote the guy who played a role in the crap players we've been bringing in.

Good point about Raye... :lol:

You think the hiring means Arians is coming in?

That's what it sounds like may happen. I don't mind Arians since he worked with the Steelers during their SB wins in 2005 and 2007.

According to Adam Schefter, Arians will interview with SD on Monday.

SAN DIEGO -- Mike McCoy's interview with San Diego went so well that both sides felt he was a perfect fit to become the Chargers' new coach.

McCoy had one thing to do, though, before accepting the Chargers' offer, so it was a good thing Chargers president Dean Spanos' private plane was at his disposal.

"There was no doubt in my mind when I got back on that plane to go back home," said McCoy, the former Denver Broncos offensive coordinator who was introduced Tuesday as Chargers' new coach. "They wanted to keep me here last night. But I said, 'I've got to talk to my wife about this before.' If I made the decision without talking to my wife, I might get in a little trouble."

So McCoy flew back to Denver to talk it over with his wife, Kellie. McCoy, his wife and their two children were back on the same plane Tuesday morning, flying back to San Diego to take the job.

"Without a doubt, we knew this was the place we wanted to be," said McCoy, who signed a four-year contract.

McCoy replaces Norv Turner, who was fired along with general manager A.J. Smith after the Chargers finished 7-9 and missed the playoffs for the third straight season.

Sup my charger faithful. :smokin

Happy so far in the off-season.

Excited to see what McCoy will bring to the table.
It cant be any worse than Norv :x :lol:

So far so good this off-season. Now we gotta make sure we make some solid picks in the draft

Ken Whisenhunt will be Chargers' OC

Former Arizona Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt will become the offensive coordinator for the San Diego Chargers, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Chargers hired former Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy as their new coach this week.

Whisenhunt was dismissed by Arizona on Dec. 31 after six seasons. He led the Cardinals to their only Super Bowl appearance in his second season, and they won their second straight NFC West title the next year. But after a 4-0 start this season, the Cardinals lost 11 of their last 12 games to finish 5-11 for the second time in three years.

Whisenhunt was 49-53 in Arizona, including 4-2 in two playoff appearances. The Cardinals lost to Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl after the 2008 season.

Whisenhunt was also an offensive coordinator with the Steelers, and his offense in Arizona fared much better in his first three seasons when Kurt Warner was the quarterback than the last three.

With Warner, the Cardinals ranked 12th, fourth and 14th in total yards from 2007 to 2009 and seventh, third and 11th in points during that span. They didn't finish higher than 19th in yards and 24th in points in the past three years.

Whisenhunt, 50, began his coaching career as an assistant at Vanderbilt in 1995. He jumped to the NFL after two seasons, joining Ted Marchibroda's staff as tight ends coach in Baltimore in 1997. Whisenhunt spent two seasons with the Ravens, then was Cleveland's tight ends coach in 1999 and the New York Jets' special-teams coach in 2000. He went to Pittsburgh in 2001, serving as the tight ends coach his first three seasons and offensive coordinator the next three.

:wow: :wow: :nthat:

So far I like what I'm seeing on mock drafts... just about every MD I've seen has the Chargers taking an O-lineman at 11.

THANK GAWD. let's just hope Telesco/McCoy are thinking the same as well.

Back
Top Bottom