Best Offensive Trio:

Andre Woodson QB , Rafael Little RB , Keenan Burton WR

Most explosive players:
Darren Mcfadden Ark RB and Percy Harvin UF RB/WR

Biggest Busts: :smh:
smh.gif

Houston Nutt & Co at Arkansas
Blake Mitchell (Again)
Mycah Johnson (I hate to put him here, but he's gotta turn things around quickly. He was so hyped coming into college. then relegated to special teams role, and now missing spring with surgery on a herniated disk. its not looking good for the big man )

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

The Andre Berto Movement:Get Down or Lay Down

I'd take Flynn's play at QB over Cox. Thats why I chose LSU out West.
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Quote:
Kentucky
Georgia
:lol:
laugh.gif

Flip those two, and I think you're on to something. I can't see South Carolina surviving all those road games they've got, so I can see putting Kentucky over them. Like I said in the other topic, I think all 6 SEC East teams could see a bowl.

Quote:
Brent Schaeffer
:rofl:
roll.gif

This dude stays taking L's.

Taken from ESPN.com Insider:
Les says more: Miles takes on USC

Quote:
Juicy story out of Louisiana this past weekend: Apparently, LSU coach Les Miles wasn't shy about saying what most SEC folks have been thinking for years. That not only is the SEC the best conference in college football, but Miles also ripped the Pac-10, with a particular eye toward USC. The source of the story was Miles' interview with WWL radio in New Orleans, with the quotes reprinted in the Baton Rouge Advocate:

"I can tell you this, that they have a much easier road to travel," Miles said of the Trojans. "They're going to play real knockdown drag-outs with UCLA and Washington, Cal-Berkeley, Stanford -- some real juggernauts -- and they're going to end up, it would be my guess, in some position so if they win a game or two, that they'll end up in the title [game]. I would like that path for us.

"I think the SEC provides much stiffer competition."

And Miles didn't stop there.

"The Big 12 is a conference that might have two really pretty good teams, maybe four," said Miles, who coached in the Big 12 while at Oklahoma State. "I think the Pac-10 may have one or two really good ones. The ACC certainly, arguably, has some quality teams.

"I don't think there's any conference out there that has as many quality teams as ours."

My three cents: Props to Miles for speaking his mind. I agree with him that the SEC is the best conference in college football. At this point, I don't think it's even close. Right now the league has more "very good" teams than any other. I'd classify Florida, LSU, Auburn, Georgia and Tennessee as heavyweights at this point. Arkansas also was a top 10 team late in the season. Most conferences are lucky to have three programs playing at that level in a given three or four-year span. Usually it's only two.

That said, I don't think Miles is being fair with the dismissive "juggernauts" shot lumping UCLA and Cal in with Stanford. That's like comparing Arkansas to Vandy.

Cal smashed a Texas A&M team that had just beaten Texas. And, yes, I know that same Cal team also got destroyed by Tennessee. Then again, the Arkansas team that was giving everyone in the SEC so much trouble also got destroyed at home by USC. Still, because there has been such a level of inconsistency from everyone else in the Pac-10, save for USC, it's hard for people outside of the West to take the league's other programs very seriously.

Since 2000, there are five SEC teams among the top 15 in I-A winning percentage. (USC is No. 6 overall, while Oregon is the next best Pac-10 team at No. 19. UCLA is No. 42. Cal is No. 50. Those two numbers actually surprised me but they probably don't surprise SEC folks and certainly not Miles.)

To me the other big disparity is that the top SEC team has to play another heavyweight team at the end of the regular season in the conference title game, whereas the Big Ten, Big East and Pac-10 teams don't.

I also agree with him about the Big 12, which basically has been OU and Texas and then a varying parade of "Arkansas/South Carolina" teams since Nebraska, Colorado, K-State and A&M slid back out of the top 10.

But the teeth in this Miles' rant was focused on the Trojans, who figure to be the preseason No. 1. His point really can be distilled like this: There is one legit heavyweight in the Pac-10, and no doubt USC is it, but if you're the only heavyweight in your own league then you're really not playing any other powerhouses and you're probably not getting as worn down physically as if you have a huge battle every other week.

I buy that, although I do think the Trojans at least should get some credit for having a non-conference schedule that isn't loaded with cupcakes (Notre Dame, Arkansas and Nebraska).

Then again, Miles probably can dismiss that too since LSU hammered Notre Dame team in January.

Question of the day: USC is 48-4 over the last four seasons. How many more losses, if any, do you think the Trojans would have if they played in the SEC and not the Pac-10?

All this talk about the Pac 10 vs. SEC has even got to the coaches. I def agree with Miles. Also for all those that say LSU has such an easy non-conference schedule obviously they haven't seen what conference they play in. And this is coming from a Big10 student and fan.
"You can take the boy from the island but not the island from the boy. Cause the island stays in you're heart and I'll never forget where I'm from."-Justin

Whoa buddy, whoa.

Gunna, You made me sign into NT at work.

You better put Goff up there for those best pro prospects.

You know what, we're winning the East. I'm done with this.

laugh.gif
Wizard

Ive got to view the Michigan game and the Tennessee game to see if I think he's top tier NFL talent :b
tongue.gif
Quote:
Dont be shocked if this year's LSU=the 05 Tenn

It could happen, he lost an important Assistant coach.I just dont think its likely because The QB situation is much more stable. All Flynn has to do is Not turn the ball over without making any plays and that teams talent is enough to win 6 games alone. Now if he makes any plays, which I know he will, that could be a mini monster.

Quote:
Ive got to view the Michigan game and the Tennessee game to see if I think he's top tier NFL talent

Don't even pop in that UT tape. That game never happened. Our whole team looked pathetic out there. How about those UF and Arkansas games? Hey, even Mel Kiper thinks he's good, so if Kiper does, he MUST be good.

@#%$, September 15 we'll see, make sure u on ya sidekick or wateva, I want ya AIM name too cuz Imma hound yo @#%$ *pause* after this "W"

it's gonna be Florida vs LSU at the SEC Championship

don't underestimate Florida just because a bunch of seniors graduated, we still have plenty of talent. Tebow is gonna destroy anyone's D Line. I'm just scared of the Florida at LSU. I think that's gonna be the toughest game for Florida because it's a game right after Auburn. I hope we beat the @#%$ out of Auburn this season cause we got screwed over by that bs call which costed us the game.
TEAM SUPREME SWAGGER

Vandy's Schedule
9-1-07 RICHMOND
9-8-07 ALABAMA
9-15-07 MISSISSIPPI Ole Miss
9-29-07 EASTERN MICHIGAN
10-6-07 at Auburn
10-13-07 GEORGIA
10-20-07 at South Carolina
10-27-07 MIAMI OH
11-3-07 at Florida
11-10-07 KENTUCKY Kentucky
11-17-07 at Tennessee
11-24-07 WAKE FOREST :lol:
laugh.gif

Thinkin on it some more, Ive just changed my mind. I almost forgot that Gary Crowton is now runnin LSU's Offense :x
sick.gif
:x
sick.gif
:smh:
smh.gif

Auburn should win the west with a "1" Loss record.
I'll adjust my predictions accordingly.

Wiz, U must be back home hittin some jumbo green top vials. :lol:
laugh.gif
U need to get back to Vanderbuilt ASAP and out of that environment

Quote:
Wiz, U must be back home hittin some jumbo green top vials. U need to get back to Vanderbuilt ASAP and out of that environment
:rofl:
roll.gif
. You're saying that now, but when we finished the season 14-0 with the Nat'l Title, you will all say man that kid was on point with his predictions.

Seriously though, did they fix the problem with the clock running in the 4th quarter and stuff?

My Burning Questions for each SEC team

1. Will Tim Tebow prove to be an efficient passer now as the BMOC?

2. Will Georgia find a go-to threat in the passing game?

3. Who will step up in the WR and CB's positions for the Vawls?

4. Can Blake Mitchell stop with his Rex Grossman impersonation?

5. Will Kentucky find some remnants of a D?

6. Will Vandy's D come to the rise and stop people?

7. Was Matt Flynn a 1 game fluke or will Ryan P. take over during the season?

8. Does Bama have enough talent to be a force in the West?

9. Can Casey @#%$ get his Trent Dilfer on and "manage" the game well enough so they do not lose?

10. Is there any hope of success for Croom at Miss St?

11. Can Schaeffer put it together at Ole Miss like he did at UT?

12. Will Cox take it to the next level for the Tigers?

Quote:
Seriously though, did they fix the problem with the clock running in the 4th quarter and stuff?

Yes, they did
Quote:
1. Will Tim Tebow prove to be an efficient passer now as the BMOC?

Nope, not this 1st yr

Quote:
2. Will Georgia find a go-to threat in the passing game?
:pimp:
pimp.gif

Quote:
3. Who will step up in the WR and CB's positions for the Vawls?

WR - Gerald Jones, Kenny O'neal
CB - Marsalous & of course Eric Berry

Quote:
4. Can Blake Mitchell stop with his Rex Grossman impersonation?
laugh.gif
He'll be yanked Early for Garcia

Quote:
5. Will Kentucky find some remnants of a D?

I can't see it

Quote:
6. Will Vandy's D come to the rise and stop people?

YEA, their lesser quality opponents
Quote:
7. Was Matt Flynn a 1 game fluke or will Ryan P. take over during the season?

Ryan aint been practicin, he was suspended indefinitely

Quote:
8. Does Bama have enough talent to be a force in the West?

Not a chance

Quote:
9. Can Casey get his Trent Dilfer on and "manage" the game well enough so they do not lose?

Nope

Quote:
10. Is there any hope of success for Croom at Miss St?
:nerd:
nerd.gif

Quote:
11. Can Schaeffer put it together at Ole Miss like he did at UT?

Schaeffers ego did him in, he's history.

Quote:
12. Will Cox take it to the next level for the Tigers?

would u trust your team to a guy name cox? me neither, 2 - 3 losses for Auburn, all because of him.

Quote:
If u consider winning 5 games a success :nerd:
nerd.gif

if they win 6 i think you can consider is a success
Quote:
I wake up every morning in a bed thats too small, drive my daughter to a school thats too expensive, and then I go to work to a job for which I get paid too little, but on pretzel day? Well, I like pretzel day...

man you know i @#%$ wit the VOLS.. But they aint winning the east over them gators..

Quote:
Jonathan Hefney

that boy be ballin.. i dont know about DPOY though..

Quote:
DJ Hall WR Alabama
:wow:
eek.gif
at putting DJ hall on that best pro prosects list.. that boy be playin so scary it aint funny.. He's one of the fastest recievers in the SEC tho.. maybe thats y you got him up there.. he's a bum tho.. seriously.. Is protho healthy yet?

Quote:
Darren Mcfadden Ark RB and Percy Harvin UF RB/WR
:\
ohwell.gif

Tighten Up

I can't get with Auburn winning the West. Their schedule is so unbalanced, it ain't even funny.

Home: Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Alabama

Road: Florida, Arkansas, LSU, Georgia

I like how everyone is ducking the question of is USC a legit preseason number 1 in their one man band Pac 10 conference. Let me be the first to say it celarly, Hell no USC shouldn't be preseason number #1; in fact, USC would have at best 1 national title if they played in the SEC. While USC is as a good a team as you'll find in the country, the SEC is the NFL JV league and the number of players the SEC puts in the league every year proves it. There was no greater satisfaction than Seeing Florida beat the crap out of OSU, LSU destroy the NBC and ESPN hyped fighting Irish, and watching Michigan take beating at the hands of USC (If only we could have had LSU vs USC in the Rose Bowl). I have nothing against USC, except for their cupcake schedule. There are 3 teams in the SEC every year better than the toughest opponent on USC's schedule.

Oh yeah, Tenessee had the beast recruiting class, but when it's all said and done it will be LSU and Florida in the SEC championship game, but the SEC is so brutal this season that no SEC team will see the BCS Title game. That means it's USC and whatever other media creation ESPN puts in there this up comming season (probably West Vergina - Noel Devine is a beast).

Everyone thinking Teebow can't throw, boy are you in for a surprise. The kid has always been a pocket passer with decent athltic ability. Florida just used his legs, because Leak was the man last year. This year many of you will see Teebeows abilty much like I saw inperson on display when they played Hoover on ESPN. Hoover spanked thier behinds, but they do that to everyone, but boy did Teebow and this one super tall wide reciever (can't remeber his name) look good.
"When a man gets up to speak, people listen, then look. When a woman gets up, people look; then, if they like what they see, they listen."

Rainey is a better RB then Harvin, aint NO doubt, He run HARD X's 25, but Harvin more explosive then him. No doubt.
DJ Hall, did his thang last season with a Garbage QB and no running game or no Prothro.

Tebow not this season? ha.... just make sure your schedule is open for the Florida games. Tim Tebow can throw. If you look at his high school records you know what's up. People just think Timmy can't throw because Urban Myers didn't use him as a passer much because obviously Leak had a better vision and throwing ability and it was his senior year but you'll see this coming season just how great Tebow is. I'm excited

Tebow >>> Stafford
TEAM SUPREME SWAGGER

I I know he can play. I saw all his State playoff games his Sr yr. My boy Bryan went to Nease with him. ive seen game tapes too. Yea he can play but Yall actin like its easy to come in and dominate as a passer in college as a first yr starter

Back
Top Bottom