The OFFICIAL Shox VC post - ripping, performance, colorways

i had a pair of blk/red samples, i played them OUTDOORS for several monthes, and they never ripped. are the using cheaper material for retail versions?
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you're still ******ed.

mine ripped after 3rd day of playing in them indoors and limited time =*(
i need advise should i return it now(rightaway) or wait for this season to end?????
thanks in advance, i would really appreciate your opinions NTers

I just got back from a local foot locker in jersey. I tried on the black/red VC Shox there. They are extremely comfortable but I was unsure because of the ripping. I emailed kicksology.net about this, but they didn't respond yet. I think this is extremely poor quality for a 160.00 shoe. Has anyone else emialed kicksology?

I emailed Kicksology on Friday, and this is what they said:

Hi Sig, thanks for checking in and for the kind words, we really appreciate
it!

I've heard the same thing from some folks about the Nike SHOX VC, but
through five tough wearings of the shoe where I did have them stepped on,
kicked and scuffed, I did not have any problems with scratching or tearing.
The upper did show scuff marks, but no real damage.

Note that I only tested the shoe indoors as it is meant solely as an indoor
shoe. Playing in them outdoors will likely cause some damage.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Professor K
www.Kicksology.net
Your resource for in-depth reviews of the hottest kicks for hooping it up.
Don't buy kicks without us!
----- Original Message -----
To: <email@kicksology.net>
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 4:06 PM
Subject: VC shox skin durability

> Hi. First off, I just wanted to say how much I love your site. I really
> enjoy the in-depth review of the shoes that you put up. As a shoe
collector
> who purchases about $2500 a year in shoes, your information is greatly
> appreciated. As for my question: I've heard that the skin on the VC shox
> wasn't very durable and is prone to scratches and tearing. I was just
> wondering if you guys experienced this during testing? Okay, thanks.
Keep
> up the great work!!!!!
>
>
>
>

Hope this helps.

get the stunners
TP
Co-Founder of gotkickz.com
Got Kickz? You will.

"I want to be the one to make you the happiest and hurt you the most..."

First, on the non-stick coating thing, don't do it! After a few minutes everyone is going to be slipping and sliding because it'll be on their outsoles and then on the court and someone will get hurt. Keep cooking products in the kitchen.

Second, the tearing thing, unless the black colorway does indeed use a different upper material (which is possible, I haven't had a chance to pick up a pair in that colorway yet) I am very dubious of all of these ripping claims.

The upper material on the red/black colorway is very durable and actually quite thick. It would take a sharp object or someone stomping and dragging across the shoe to create a tear. Through a bit more than a week of testing where, as a previous poster has noted, the shoe was stepped on, kicked and scuffed up, the SHOX VC held up very well. An early wear tester of the shoe also noted that he wore the shoe for six months without any tearing problems.

If, upon testing the black/red colorway, I find that the material is different and more fragile I'll eat my words, but, as is, I think that this story is starting to take on urban legend status. Lots of stories, little documentation.

to put it as simple as possible. if youre looking for a shoe with great performance but dont mind quick wear and tear go with the vc shox. depending on the color (such as the red color) youre gonna be able to see the holes easier. with the black and darker colors you wont notice it as much. beware though and take the ripping thing into consideration
Check Out My Ebay Auctions. I'm Always Sellin A Different Size. Just Click Here

Like I have stated before...I have read cyjack's REVIEW and that my brother has a pair of VC SHOX (all stars) and they have not ripped..but scuff marks are apparent. HE has had them since they came out (i bought it for him on his bday). HE balls in them in doors and it has not ripped.

I think that everyone who says that they've ripped are lying....due to the fact that they find it too expensive or that they hate the look of the shoe. Making up lies is not a good thing. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE.

Do not believe any of this RIPPING BS because it is false.

Sickeningly, Most people who have reported ripping said that the shroud ripped after 1 wearing which is completely moronic. If you are lie..at least make it believable.

yes...."Lots of stories, little documentation. " cyjack

does anyone have actual pictures of these 'rips' or 'tears' in their own VC Shox?

The fact that people don't have pics can only mean one thing......they dont' have the shoe. And since these liars don't have the shoe....they obviously can't take a pic of the ripped shroud.

My original account...chingchongchinaman....was banned from this msg board because i used profanities, degraded (rightfully so) and accused people. Yet all these liars are not being punished? It is more an act of felony and deception to outright lie.

i just sent in my damaged fp3s
and i asked for vc shox (im in canada)
and they are sending me them, one thing though.....

the only colourway they had was midnight navy/gold
is this even a confirmed colourway?
any response would be great

midnight navy and gold? ITs sounds like your more likely to get BB4's in that colorway. Althought that colorway is indeed a Shox VC colorway. I have seen pics, but I dont reckon they're released yet

Where did you send back your shoes? I thought nike only give vouchers, not replacements

Dude, if that's true about getting the midnight navy/gold colorway you are getting the deal of the century. Flip those puppies as soon as you get them on eBay and you will make a handsome profit.

NAVY/GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like what cyjack said!

i really wanna knoe if they come out?

cyjack, what do the scuffs on the VC shox look like?

I agree with Rono, this is getting ridiculous about the covering ripping in the first wearing. You've got to be kidding me. I could see if you got them caught on something sharp or something like that, but for the covering just to rip from running and playing in them is absurd. Plus, i don't know about the retail material, but in the review at kicksology (as I'm sure you all know) nothing was reported about any problems with damage to the shroud. If someone has actually ripped them or severely damaged them WHILE PLAYING BASKETBALL please report it with a picture.

tyler maynard...
please e-mail me, [edited out]@hotmail.com - someone on NT sent me a virus! jerk
i live in canada, i have a few questions

i live in canada that is why i am getting shoes and not vouchers
they told me specifically that they were vc shox, i asked if they were the ones with the zippers, that just came out recently....and they said yes
r
egardless of whether they are vc or bb4, should i wear them? i know you guys wouldnt, but i have only those and the foam pros (i save almost all of my money)

If tyler is getting the navy/gold VC shox....does that mean they're going to be released??? I hope so, cuz even with the BB4, I think the navy'gold is sweetest shox colors to date.

Does anyone know whether they're being released? ekin?

I can post pics of the VC SHOX with scuff marks...if anyone wants.
I'll take a pic and post it....scuff marks have ONLY occurred around the inner monkey paw after 1 month of wear (feb. 7 to now)
Uh....how do i post?

When you look at the scuff marks from a different angle (other than straight on) THEY ARE BARELY BARELY NOTICEABLE. The scuff marks....are basically very minor.

After 1 month....the shoe still looks BRAND NEW basically cause there's no creasing thx to the shroud!

Back
Top Bottom